Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Silly. I loved that strike as much as the next geezer but come on, Zidane in his prime pisses all over Gerrard...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seabiscuit)
    Silly. I loved that strike as much as the next geezer but come on, Zidane in his prime pisses all over Gerrard...
    Zidane is long gone, yes he was a great player, not as good anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I have never been to millwall though. :p:

From what i have seen, is fans will be racist towards players of different origins on the opposition team as well as their own - if pongolle for example does something wrong for us, race will be brought into it. (I am talking in england, i know in spain/portugal the fans are more racist to the opposition)

ReputationRep:
    ronaldinho might have an answer to that. But hey stevie gerrard best european player of his generation!

ReputationRep:
    If you think of the quality of the players in a game, that one player can at times completely dominate play and single-handedly pull his team to victory (even with cramp) shows he's very special. Comparisons to Zidane aren't helpful - Gerrard's not yet in his prime but there's no need to say "x is better than y", it's enough to say that both are extremely talented players with that ability to turn a game on its head.

Gerrard now needs to prove himself at international level to become a true great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    He will surely, if Owen and Rooney are out, even if just Rooneys ouw, its obious we should have a five man midfield:confused: ?
    If Sven's brave enough to change his favourite tactics

Plus Owen can't play as a lone striker - if you played a 5 man mid Gerrard would need to really push forward to help Owen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musafir_85)
    After todays match, finally it is official.
    no rooneys, lampards or beckhams are in the league of stevie G.......what a player...... i am speechless!!!!!! he is The best player in the squad (whether rooney is playing or not playing) and second best on the planet (after Henry! ).
    When is 'the best player in the squad' going to turn up for England then?

ReputationRep:
    legends!thank u both!

ReputationRep:
    whilst not being racist i can't see how being so stops you being a football fan. in the same way being sexist doesnt stop people oggling female tennis.

ReputationRep:
    Chimbonda is a right-back, and Bridge a left-back. Anyone who has seen Stalteri this season knows we are in desperate need of a right-back. Although I'm not sure I'd fork out £6m for Chimbonda. I'd like to see Rosenior join Spurs.

Play a 4-4-1-1/4-4-2. Perhaps England may have finally realised how Gerrard should be used; in his correct positions. Simple, really. He should be played either in the centre, on the right, or in a more advanced role - depending on the opposition and on who's fit & when.

Whether Sven uses him extensively in the Group stage is an interesting point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bushboy)
    Chimbonda is a right-back, and Bridge a left-back. Anyone who has seen Stalteri this season knows we are in desperate need of a right-back. Although I'm not sure I'd fork out £6m for Chimbonda. I'd like to see Rosenior join Spurs.
    That price tag is ridiculus, he's price has gone by 1200% in just a year, even his agent said he should go for £3.5m, and on top of that, he's not even wanted at the club anymore.

ReputationRep:
    His agent has his interests first though, so he's bound to want to make it easier for a transfer to happen by saying wigan should accept a lower offer.

Its like the figures being banded around for how much Man U may bid for Carrick compared to what you paid West ham.

ReputationRep:
    Lost all my money, but i couldnt care!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    When is 'the best player in the squad' going to turn up for England then?
    When they play him in his proper role and with a supporting defensive midfielder.

ReputationRep:
    That is true but £6m is too much by anyone's standard especially since they bought him for 500k last summer.

I haven't seen the price surrounding Carrick but im pretty sure it's a way scare off other clubs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    When they play him in his proper role and with a supporting defensive midfielder.
    here here, gerrard to have a free role while lampard holds midfield...

gerrard > lampard...

ReputationRep:
    1. Ronaldinho
    2. Henry
    3. Gerrard
    3. Lampard
    4. Rooney
    145. Crouch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mancred)
    145. Crouch
    You missed out some zeros... let me help

ReputationRep:
    so hes 14500735472.3?
    i doubt;
    3. Gerrard
    3. Lampard
    4. Rooney
    im not saying their not world class, but im sure there are many others who are highly rated too

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.