Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    So from now on the England starting XI needs to be based around Gerrard? Pffft. Ridiculous. Lampard has that position, and there's not a chance Gerrard is going to be played there in place of Frankie, laaad.
    what, your saying it should be based around Lampard?! Based on form this season there is a stronger case for building a team around Gerrard than there is for lampard, but i dont think a team should be built around anybody. If dropping Lampard means that we start to see some of Gerrards domestic performances on the international stage then bring it on... i'm quite confident that this is where the popular opinion lies...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Yeah, some sensible bets justfarhan, but some rather silly distribution of money... two more quid on the HT - WH and FT - Liver would have made up for it... whoa, but thats probably not what you wanna hear right now!

But still, good job holding the nerve.
    But I think it was HT -WH and FT- Draw (half time/full time bets don't count extra time and penalties as I saw draw was an option on betfair)?

ReputationRep:
    Gerrard is more inspirational a captain than Lampard. So true, you could almost call it a fact. If only there was a way of measuring inspirationess.

Anyway, put your bias views aside and stop crying.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Nope they don't.. It's always for 90 minutes play, for every betting agency.

Yup it was HT - West ham and FT - Draw.

Oh well, bring on the CL final and the WC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusfarhan)
    Gerrard is more inspirational a captain than Lampard. So true, you could almost call it a fact. If only there was a way of measuring inspirationess.

Oh the irony!

and Lampard isnt a captain anyway, and neither of them would be captain for england.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    there's not a chance Gerrard is going to be played there in place of Frankie, laaad.
    Why not? Is Lamps that great?

ReputationRep:
    A brave manager would start with Carrick alongside gerrard or Lampard which would mean if things were going badly a true impact sub could come on with the ability to turn the game.

ReputationRep:
    There have been calls for Gerrad/Terry to be made captain for England...

ReputationRep:
    Either of those would be great, and IMO would make each of those players play better and with more confidence in an Englan shirt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Either of those would be great, and IMO would make each of those players play better and with more confidence in an Englan shirt
    I dont think either deserve it yet since they havent done much in an England shirt. There must be something seriously wrong with these guys' passion for England if they NEED the captains armband to play better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jovialtom)
    what, your saying it should be based around Lampard?! Based on form this season there is a stronger case for building a team around Gerrard than there is for lampard, but i dont think a team should be built around anybody. If dropping Lampard means that we start to see some of Gerrards domestic performances on the international stage then bring it on... i'm quite confident that this is where the popular opinion lies...
    That's exactly what i'm saying.

Their international performances say it all, regardless of what positions him or Stevie G Laa have been put in. Frank produces game in game out for England, Stevie doesn't.

It's not that hard to comprehend, is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusfarhan)

Why would I be crying?

Why are you even talking about captains? Isn't Beckham the captain? Do stay on track with the discussion here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    I dont think either deserve it yet since they havent done much in an England shirt. There must be something seriously wrong with these guys' passion for England if they NEED the captains armband to play better.
    Not really. Pleyers always get a psychological boost from knowing their role and being captain. Terry's been pretty solid and Gerrard's been no worse than 90% of the side IMO

ReputationRep:
    According to some reports, he will be out for just 3 weeks now... At least cycling will keep his fitness levels up....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    That's exactly what i'm saying.

Their international performances say it all, regardless of what positions him or Stevie G Laa have been put in. Frank produces game in game out for England, Stevie doesn't.

It's not that hard to comprehend, is it?
    my god, not that point again.... don't you listen!? There is a completly justifiable reason behind this, everyone can see it apparantly apart from you. Gerrard and Lampard to swap roles then see who provides the inspirational performaces!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Not really. Pleyers always get a psychological boost from knowing their role and being captain. Terry's been pretty solid and Gerrard's been no worse than 90% of the side IMO
    Terry and Gerrard have been Englands biggest underperformers the last few years. So what if some of the other players have played poor aswell? does that give gerrard and terry the right to play poor? i dont think so - these are players who should be stepping up to another level for England, but they dont.

The captains armband isnt given so it can motivate someone and give them a boost, otherwise we may aswell give the captains armband to the worst performing player and hope he plays better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jovialtom)
    my god, not that point again.... don't you listen!? There is a completly justifiable reason behind this, everyone can see it apparantly apart from you. Gerrard and Lampard to swap roles then see who provides the inspirational performaces!
    So why take Lampard out of a position where he is completely comfortable just to allow Gerrard to flourish?

Sorry for my ignorance, but i'm certain there's a World Cup coming up soon, and that the time for tinkering with the team has more than passed.

ReputationRep:
    Usually cycling improves fitness without putting strain on an injury, but that picture shows he's putting weight on his foot by not sitting on the seat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    Okay, lets play Fat Frank right back and see how much of a performance he puts in.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly a load of idiots here. Last time I checked Gerrard has been assigned a central midfield role for the majority of the games yet he has failed to show up. Im not talking about the games where he has been shoved on the left but even if he is 'god' (LOL) he should be able to play really well there as well. Stop sucking his ****. He is immense when he knows he is the best player and has to do something but put him in team containing real class and he is below average.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.