Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Okay, lets play Fat Frank right back and see how much of a performance he puts in.
    Gerrard has played many, many games in midfield for England. I don't see how one game at right back is enough to forgive his constant under-par performances for England.

As tough as the truth might be for many of his fans to understand, it seems Stevie G just can't cut it at top level. He's got all summer to prove me wrong, however. Let's see if he plays right back against Paraguay first, yeah?

Who wants to bet me that he'll be at right back? Nobody? What a surprise..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Clearly a load of idiots here. Last time I checked Gerrard has been assigned a central midfield role for the majority of the games yet he has failed to show up. Im not talking about the games where he has been shoved on the left but even if he is 'god' (LOL) he should be able to play really well there as well. Stop sucking his ****. He is immense when he knows he is the best player and has to do something but put him in team containing real class and he is below average.
    Nice edit there. I was just going to piss on your fire when you said put him in a decent side, 3rd obviously not decent for you. I'll suck his **** all I like to be honest. He's not the best in the world and his performances for england have been sub-par but he is a ****ing monster of a player and will end his career as possibly the best ever at Anfield.

Crap post. Crap thread.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly a load of idiots here. Last time I checked Gerrard has been assigned a central midfield role for the majority of the games yet he has failed to show up. Im not talking about the games where he has been shoved on the left but even if he is 'god' (LOL) he should be able to play really well there as well. Stop sucking his ****. He is immense when he knows he is the best player and has to do something but put him in team containing real class and he is below average.
    Dear me. Somebody talking sense..

Absolutely correct regarding his midfield position - an awful lot of ignorant redsh*tes posting in this thread, unfortunately.

Oh.. and..

(Original post by kpg)
    He's not the best in the world and his performances for england have been sub-par but he is a ****ing monster of a player and will end his career as possibly the best ever at Anfield.
    pmsl! - rep worthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    Terry and Gerrard have been Englands biggest underperformers the last few years.
    Even if that's true, they could underperform and still be worth their place. I still think Terrys been their best centre back, even if he hasnt lived up to club form. Anyway, Owen, Ferdinand, and Beckham have all underperformed at least as much IMO

ReputationRep:
    For liverpool he's "awesome", for england he's crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Even if that's true, they could underperform and still be worth their place. I still think Terrys been their best centre back, even if he hasnt lived up to club form. Anyway, Owen, Ferdinand, and Beckham have all underperformed at least as much IMO
    I think England as a collective team has underperformed for 40 years.

ReputationRep:
    Who are you calling an idiot?! Gerrard has never been given the same role for England as he has at liverpool. He is forced to play second fiddle to lampard who is able to roam in a free role. Gerrard is best when he does not have to worry about last-ditch tackling and covering his back four, and the FA cup final just cemented my view that it would be crazy not to present Gerrard with the role in which he is most deadly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jovialtom)
    ..and the FA cup final just cemented my view that it would be crazy not to present Gerrard with the role in which he is most deadly.
    Clearly, especially when you consider that West Ham United as are good a team as the likes of Brazil, Italy, Argentina, Holland, Germany, France..

Dear dear dear me.. some people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    Gerrard has played many, many games in midfield for England. I don't see how one game at right back is enough to forgive his constant under-par performances for England.

As tough as the truth might be for many of his fans to understand, it seems Stevie G just can't cut it at top level. He's got all summer to prove me wrong, however. Let's see if he plays right back against Paraguay first, yeah?

Who wants to bet me that he'll be at right back? Nobody? What a surprise..
    did you not see him in Istanbul?! btw, im not a Liverpool supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Batman)
    For liverpool he's "awesome", for england he's crap.
    Hahaha, yes!

I like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jovialtom)
    did you not see him in Istanbul?! btw, im not a Liverpool supporter
    For 15 minutes of the match he was superb, yeah.

How come?

I'm convinced the substitution that brought on Didi Hamann changed the whole game then, and that's irrelevent anyway. Gerrard was absolutely diabolical in the first half/most of the second half, as were the Liverpool team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    For 15 minutes of the match he was superb, yeah.

How come?

I'm convinced the substitution that brought on Didi Hamann changed the whole game then, and that's irrelevent anyway. Gerrard was absolutely diabolical in the first half/most of the second half, as were the Liverpool team.
    World class players can spin a game around after playing crap, they all do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    World class players can spin a game around after playing crap, they all do it
    As I said, Hamann, for me, was the player who turned it around.

Gerrard can't cut it at the top level, that's clear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    Absolutely correct regarding his midfield position - an awful lot of ignorant redsh*tes posting in this thread, unfortunately.
    Dear me, feeling very bitter today arent you. Did the events yesterday hit a nerve or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    As I said, Hamann, for me, was the player who turned it around.

*******s. Hamaan is a great and underrated player though I agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    Clearly, especially when you consider that West Ham United as are good a team as the likes of Brazil, Italy, Argentina, Holland, Germany, France..

I said it cemented my view, not formed the basis of it. Yesterday Gerrard put in an inspirational performance (you cannot deny it was that). 2-0 down Gerrard grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and picked up his entire team. An inch perfect cross and two amazing goals, one from 30 yards out, in the last minute!! Also kept his composure with his penalty... He prooved that he can perform in front of over 70,000 spectators and millions more on television. That is what england needs! Why the hell would we want him making covering tackles on the edge of our penalty box?!

oh and nice to see you ignoring the rest of my post, is that because it made too much sense for you?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)

Yes but he wont be playing with certain team mates *cough*Cisse*cough :p: he will have 10 other 'class' players who play as a TEAM, so why wouldnt he be able to perform in a roaming role at a top level? (with a DM with him or whatnot) :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    Gerrard was absolutely diabolical in the first half/most of the second half, as were the Liverpool team.
    Despite laying on a world class, inch perfect ball for Cisse to get them back in the game?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    :hahaha: :hahaha:
    Cant cut it at the top level? Dont make me laugh.
    Champions league final,FA Cup, Derbies against man united and everton..How big do you want them?

ReputationRep:
    Dear me, feeling very bitter today arent you. Did the events yesterday hit a nerve or something?
    To be honest, a 3-3 draw against West Ham isn't something to be that proud about..

Oh, i'd like somebody, maybe you, to point out how my comments about Gerrard not performing for England are bitter? Is Economist bitter too? Surely? No? Oh..

:hahaha: :hahaha:
    Cant cut it at the top level? Dont make me laugh.
    Champions league final,FA Cup, Derbies against man united and everton..How big do you want them?
    International level, perhaps?

There's a thought..

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.