Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Bloddy hell, give the lad a game first before you jump on his back. Hes a natural finisher, great awareness and anticipation and he will give it all to score infront of the kop. Apart from that its a shrewd deal. free transfer only half his wages and hell probably of payed that all back in one day of shirt sales. i know im getting it.
    Stop all the 'past his best' i think were all aware of that. But this aint all its about, Its about fowler getting a proper chance to sya goodbye and thank you to the fans, its about the prodigy returning home, its about the fans man returning. But more importantly i trust rafa, you dont win european cups with igor and diao in your team by luck
    I know Rafa won the UCL, but every top manager makes mistakes. Remember Pellegrino last year?

(Original post by ba_ba1)
    I know Rafa won the UCL, but every top manager makes mistakes. Remember Pellegrino last year?
    Free transfer, low wages, in a position where we had no cover. There was no risk in it, and he did his job. Stop gap at best, and was probably brought in more for his experience than his actual ability, as he was clearly past it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    lol didnt Millwall even say after they werent going to sign him because they wanted someone with passion and not a final pay cheque, and look where he is now! Even we (coventry city) were linked with him and fans were saying hes past it.
    Indeed, look at where is now. The one club where he will show un rivalled passion for and evidently isnt after one final pay cheque (he could have been content with the extra 15k at City for another 6 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    Free transfer, low wages, in a position where we had no cover. There was no risk in it, and he did his job. Stop gap at best, and was probably brought in more for his experience than his actual ability, as he was clearly past it.
    Well we could say that about every free transfer thats been a flop. Pellegrino was terrible, and just because it was a free transfer doesnt mean you can say it was ok. Why didnt Benitez bring in a good defender for the present and the future?

ReputationRep:
    Bloddy hell, give the lad a game first before you jump on his back. Hes a natural finisher, great awareness and anticipation and he will give it all to score infront of the kop. Apart from that its a shrewd deal. free transfer only half his wages and hell probably of payed that all back in one day of shirt sales. i know im getting it.
    Stop all the 'past his best' i think were all aware of that. But this aint all its about, Its about fowler getting a proper chance to sya goodbye and thank you to the fans, its about the prodigy returning home, its about the fans man returning. But more importantly i trust rafa, you dont win european cups with igor and diao in your team by luck
    :confused: Im saying hes going to be quality for liverpool, just that millwall were too stupid to realise what a great player he is!

ReputationRep:
    Well we could say that about every free transfer thats been a flop. Pellegrino was terrible, and just because it was a free transfer doesnt mean you can say it was ok. Why didnt Benitez bring in a good defender for the present and the future?
    Pellgrino was a bad defender, but a flop no? he did what he was meant to, liverpool glasses are on of course, but his job was to give sami a rest to leave him fit for champs league

ReputationRep:
    What do you think he had been trying to do for the past 18 months? Milito, Luisao etc. Finally got his man this winter though. Can't wait to see Agger play. As for Pellegrino, yeah he was poor whenever he played but apparently played a big coaching role with the defence and the players were gutted to see him go. Offered us something at least.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a big gamble at all!

He was free, he's taken a pay cut, and even then leeds still have to pay 15k a week out of his wages!

People say he's been crap since he left, at Leeds his record was 14 league goals in 32 appearances - a return comparable with Michael Owen's annual league record at Liverpool.

He has NEVER played for a team as good as our current team now, so if chances are created for him then i'm rather excited as to what we'll see!

GOD HAS RETURNED TO HEAVEN!

I'll also echo what KPG said before me, Pello was signed short term to get the team suited to the zonal marking system, i think the way our defence has performed this season shows his signingwas quite successfull!

Come on Paco, let's get him patched up and his arse sat down in the box.

ReputationRep:
    Glad to see his determination and grit to get 100% fit by stayin at home and training with the reserves instead of makin the trip to chelsea. We needed him, specialy to tap that gerrard cross across the face of the goal

ReputationRep:
    No.

It's the equvilant of us signing Andy Cole, something that is clearly a bizarre thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    No.

It's the equvilant of us signing Andy Cole, something that is clearly a bizarre thing.
    No, man united do not need a natural goal striker. We do. End of argument?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peterunitt)
    Do you think Robbie Fowler is a good signing for Liverpool?
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shauniemac)
    Nope
    Care to explain why?

ReputationRep:
    i bet fowler will not score a single goal for liverpool SENIORS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esx77)
    i bet fowler will not score a single goal for liverpool SENIORS
    Well, he was pretty good in the time he had against Birmingham and that wasn't even at full fitness. He was better than Morientes at any rate, but then Morientes was shocking in that game

Well he scored 4 in 5 (1 start) appearances for City this season. His main problem is his fitness, but he's now back at the club he loves and working hard with one of the best fitness coaches in Europe in Pako Ayesteran.

ReputationRep:
    if he scores the goals. otherwise cut him loose at the end of the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toscar)
    if he scores the goals. otherwise cut him loose at the end of the season.
    I think thats the point. When he gets full fitness which he cant be far from considerin hes been putting in extra hours we'll see the best, Lets reserve any negative critiscm until youve seen him at his best eh?

ReputationRep:
    No, man united do not need a natural goal striker. We do. End of argument?
    Yes, but he needs pace, vision, a good 1st touch, strength etc etc to boot, ahs he got all those features?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.