Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I think the top teams of each league is pretty evenly matched. But the prem has stronger teams lower down the table. It's definetly my favourite league lol hardly surprinsingly. Tho the best stadia in Spain, Italy and Germany are much better than premiership stadia... Bernabeu, Nou Camp, San Siro, Stadio Olimpico and The Signal Iduna Park far outweigh any present or future Premiership stadium. And the sexiest stadium by far is the Allianz Arena. Germany have the highest attendances me thinx as they have standing plans in some of their stadia.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.antu.com/FenerTV/LigTVGoller.aspx?ID=518

ReputationRep:
    The main priority of any England manager should be to make Gerrard and Rooney as comfortable as possible. Create a team around those two and you won't go far wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    The main priority of any England manager should be to make Gerrard and Rooney as comfortable as possible. Create a team around those two and you won't go far wrong
    Unfortunately i doubt that'll happen

(You're right. His name IS Robert Paulson)

ReputationRep:
    34 Million over 4 seasons is not that big a deal i dont think, it just sounds it....

For example, if Blackburn keep their deal with bet24, as it is, they will make 28 million in 4 years....

ReputationRep:
    Why is there a thread on this? We need to keep this forum tidy, this minor event could have been posted in the Spuds thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    I think attendances might be higher in Germany, but i might be wrong.

EPL, Serie A, and La Liga are the top 3, but its very hard to split them as most people will say the one they watch is the best.

As for match fixing, this has been present in Serie A for the best part of 10 years now. Anyone who knows anything about Serie A would realise that Juve have the refs in their pockets. However this happens in other leagues, but in Serie A it is just so blatent!
    I could have sworn I had an argument with you about which is the best league before and when I raised the issue about match fixing you claimed it was a one off or something and now you come out with this?

No way is Serie A ahead of the EPL when the biggest club are cheats.

Not 100% about attendances but the premiership has the greatest viewers/followers

ReputationRep:
    There's no such thing as luck. It all comes down to hard work...

ReputationRep:
    Please delete Arsenal from the original post. There is a case for Liverpool fluking it but not for Arsenal fluking it (so far)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    34 Million over 4 seasons is not that big a deal i dont think, it just sounds it....

For example, if Blackburn keep their deal with bet24, as it is, they will make 28 million in 4 years....
    Isn't that a 3-year deal? I'm not sure that it's even 6m a year, the Lancashire Evening Telegraph says the deal is 'worth 6m'. Still, the 34m deal is in the global top 10, so it's got to be pretty important. I'm just happy because it will mean more money to spend on fees and wages (hopefully) .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Why is there a thread on this? We need to keep this forum tidy, this minor event could have been posted in the Spuds thread.
    You mean threads like these :rolleyes:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=197442
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=198910

ReputationRep:
    ^^ i don't think there were any particular club-related threads back then.

ReputationRep:
    The Chelsea thread had been going for 6months previous to those threads. Why do you feel the need to stick up for Economist anyway? I'm sure he could get by without your support.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yea, leyton was amazing, being born and living here all my life I can truly say it was quite great.

ReputationRep:
    Those threads were aimed to give a laugh to everyone, they wernt club specific. Im not sure too many non-tottenham fans are bothered that they got a new shirt deal.

ReputationRep:
    Those threads were aimed to give a laugh to everyone, they wernt club specific. Im not sure too many non-tottenham fans are bothered that they got a new shirt deal.
    It's not any old shirt deal. The 'top 10 in the world' thing prompted me to start this thread, and not just post in the Spurs one. It's an important enough piece of news to warrant a thread. If you've read the posts you will have noticed that there has been discussion about other clubs' sponsorship deals.

Those threads of yours a) weren't funny (as usual), b) were Chelsea specific and c) were intended to grab universal attention (as usual) which is why you didn't put them in the Chelsea thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Isn't that a 3-year deal? I'm not sure that it's even 6m a year, the Lancashire Evening Telegraph says the deal is 'worth 6m'. Still, the 34m deal is in the global top 10, so it's got to be pretty important. I'm just happy because it will mean more money to spend on fees and wages (hopefully) .
    I thought it was a one year deal... Edit: Sorry - could well be a 3 year deal.

Yep it is 6million, but i would expect that to go up exponentially the following years...

Aren't spurs already the 13th richst club in the world? Shows money cant buy success.... oh wait, chelsea have managed it.

ReputationRep:
    chill out guys give klinsmannic a break, hes only trying to do a bit of repoting

ReputationRep:
    Please delete Arsenal from the original post. There is a case for Liverpool fluking it but not for Arsenal fluking it (so far)
    Do you like to sound stupid?

Yes, beating the English champions, the Italian champions and AC Milan is total fluke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)

Yep it is 6million, but i would expect that to go up exponentially the following years...

Aren't spurs already the 13th richst club in the world?
    If you do well I don't see why not, you have some glamour players in Bellamy and Pedersen who is scandanavian like Bet24, incidentally.

Yes, 13th in the world currently but hopefully we'll move up a place or two after this deal . You made a good point about the relationship between wealth and success, and how they don't neccessarily occur at the same time. I think We have the right management and ideology at the club to use the wealth more efficiently than previous regimes.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.