Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ron Stoppable)
    Rafa Benitez was so impressed with West Ham's Yossi Benayoun during the Greatest FA Cup Final Since Sky Have Had The Rights that he's going to offer £6m for him to get his hubcaps nicked in Liverpool
    Strange, i watched it on the BBC

ReputationRep:
    I think La Liga has some of the most skillfull players in Europe BUT it also has some of the worst and most irritaiting diving poncy players. Serie A is dull to watch, the German league doesnt have the bigger players like the other teams but has a very copetitive league, similar with the French.

The EPL i think is the best all round league though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    a) You found my post funny then 'lol'? I don't think so. I don't know about the Robben video, but the Drogba Oscar thing really wasn't funny at all, maybe people 'laughed' because it was a topical incident or to show their approval.

b) So you're telling me you would have posted similar material about Diomansy Kamara's dives, or better still Cole and Pires? :rolleyes:

c) Your posts are just antagonising, written to draw attention to a particular incident that you take issue with, or feel particularly strong about- e.g embarrassing Spurs, Eboue the best full-back in the world, Drogba dives, Reyes doesn't dive, Spurs are a small club, keep this forum tidy by posting in the club thread etc etc... hypocracy here there and everywhere.
    a) Yes it was amusing. Maybe they did, maybe they didnt. 'haha' would indicate the former

b) Well probably not because I dont despise of them as I do of Drogba. But I dont hate him just because he plays for Chelsea. If I had posted it in the Chelsea thread I would have just got abuse, they wouldnt have found it funny themselves but other supporters did

c) Generally I only post when I have a feeling towards something yes, thats why you dont see me posting in the official RNB and hip hop thread. I take it you post in every thread even if you have no feelings either way?

BTW I never said Eboue was the best right back in the world

Anyway my original post was only a half-hearted suggestion. The other half was to wind you up and it seems to have done the trick.

ReputationRep:
    It most certainly is unfortunately, i have no idea what's going wrong. It's a total contrast to how the midlands were doing when west brom and blues (*spits*) got promoted. I can only hope it'll be back up to the way it should be soon, but at the moment, there is nothing that can give me that confidence!

Carl, there's more than enough passion from the fans, but there is only so much they can do!

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    What on earth..

How is 9 consecutive clean sheets in the Champions League a fluke?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusfarhan)
    Do you like to sound stupid?

Yes, beating the English champions, the Italian champions and AC Milan is total fluke.
    Im not saying it was/wasnt a fluke. All im saying is that one could make a case for it, im not saying its a good case, thats open to discussion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    What on earth..

How is 9 consecutive clean sheets in the Champions League a fluke?
    Please, please, please read the thread first. Tell you what, i'll save you some time. Just read the fourth post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Im not saying it was/wasnt a fluke. All im saying is that one could make a case for it, im not saying its a good case, thats open to discussion
    You could say the same about Arsenal's run to the final. Again, a rubbish argument, but an argument none-the-less.

ReputationRep:
    You mean the one you edited to make it sound like you were joking?

Ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sachmo)
    I feel its really hard to get picked up by a team when you pass the age of around 13....it just seems harder to be picked up when you are older and expected to perform at an academie level compared to other people who may have been at academies since they were like 7!

Also you heard it here first the youngster you most want to be looking out for in the future is Paul Anderson of Liverpool. He was at Hull this season but we sold him to Liverpool for a sum of which I heard could go up to £1mil based on appearances etc. Also we got John Welsh from them as well as part of the deal! He is awsome!
    the infamous john welsh...tipped to be the next 'stephen Gerrard' Pfft, has shown no signs of any class to me this year !!! rather a disapointment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HurricaneHerd)
    the infamous john welsh...tipped to be the next 'stephen Gerrard' Pfft, has shown no signs of any class to me this year !!! rather a disapointment
    I dont ever think anyone has said he would be the next Gerrard. Oh dear, he has had a great season! how has he not showed u class? what class would you expect him to show you? any Hull fans out there want to add to this....:tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)

Ok.
    I hope you weren't talking to me there, cos it would be a tad difficult for me to edit the fourth (Jusfarhan's) post. So that would be a no, i don't mean the one i edited. And he edited it before either you or Economist had posted, in fact only Klinsmannc had posted.
    If that's not enough to convince you, then please refer to the fluked being in inverted commas in the first post. There you go, that makes it sound like he's joking, because he actually was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)

Ok.
    Dear me, picky little sod aint you. Look at the edit time.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, not just the West Mids either ! Look at the East Midlands and consider Leicester, Notts Forest, Derby County, all former Prem League clubs, as well as the West Mids trio, and the Midlands belt as a whole had a good representation in the Premiership.

There remains just Villa now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HurricaneHerd)
    Tipped by who? Glad we got rid of him for Paul Anderson though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higgy)
    I think La Liga has some of the most skillfull players in Europe BUT it also has some of the worst and most irritaiting diving poncy players. Serie A is dull to watch, the German league doesnt have the bigger players like the other teams but has a very copetitive league, similar with the French.

The EPL i think is the best all round league though
    This is probably the biggest stereotype ever. You dont think theres diving ponces in the EPL then? Have you seen any Serie A recently? certainly not dull. French league competitive? thats why Lyon run away with the title every season.

Wolves just can't make it to the premiership, when they did they went right back down, to my dads dismay.

Roll on next season and Wolves playoffs. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    a) Yes it was amusing. Maybe they did, maybe they didnt. 'haha' would indicate the former

b) Well probably not because I dont despise of them as I do of Drogba. But I dont hate him just because he plays for Chelsea. If I had posted it in the Chelsea thread I would have just got abuse, they wouldnt have found it funny themselves but other supporters did

c) Generally I only post when I have a feeling towards something yes, thats why you dont see me posting in the official RNB and hip hop thread. I take it you post in every thread even if you have no feelings either way?

BTW I never said Eboue was the best right back in the world

a) Oscar acting jokes aren't funny, they're pretty cliched. Soccer AM do that kind of thing every week, and even that gets boring.

b) That's what I mean about your posts being antogonising. At least you can admit that hatred drives you to post. Why do you need people's approval? this is what i was saying about getting attention.

c) Whatever thread I post in I try my best to have a point, and try to be as clear in my reasoning as possible. I don't like antagonising people for the sake of it.

Anyway my original post was only a half-hearted suggestion. The other half was to wind you up and it seems to have done the trick.
    That's what I mean about winding people up for the sake of it, without any real purpose but to annoy people. It's getting really predictable. You have trouble being impartial in whatever you write.

The Eboue comment was just before he started making mistakes, so I'm not surprised you've changed your tune.

ReputationRep:
    If getting a treble is so easy, why don't Chelsea, Arsenal and liverpool do it?

U-N-I-T-E-D

ReputationRep:
    Getting to a CL final on fluke alone would be damn near impossible, i think it takes a combination of fluke and hard work as well as a generally high level of football throughout the competition, utd and rentboys dipped in form and thats why we are not there.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.