Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mancred)
    If getting a treble is so easy, why don't liverpool do it?
    Back to your history books.

ReputationRep:
    Played his home games at Wembley? That is assuming that you mean in the "modern era" as it's called. If not, I'm stumped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    And he edited it before either you or Economist had posted, in fact only Klinsmannc had posted.
    My post must be a figment of my imagination :teeth:

In my opinion if you win the Champions league you deserve to win it, despite how much luck goes your way. Luck is associated with everything and is necessary for sucess. But as mancred sed hard work and a very high standard of football is required aswell!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Tipped by who? Glad we got rid of him for Paul Anderson though.
    Anderson is guna be a quality player. Based on appearances i heard that Hull could get up to £1mil for him which isnt bad, considering we signed him on a free after West Brom released him!

Calderstones whats his reputation like at Liverpool?

Anybody else heard anything about him?

ReputationRep:
    Back to your history books.
    League cup, Uefa cup and Fa Cup is hardly a proper treble. :p:

Don't think liverpool have ever won the treble of the FA Cup, League and Champions League

ReputationRep:
    My mate is friends with Paul Anderson!

ReputationRep:
    The quiz should say post-war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    a) Oscar acting jokes aren't funny, they're pretty cliched. Soccer AM do that kind of thing every week, and even that gets boring.

b) That's what I mean about your posts being antogonising. At least you can admit that hatred drives you to post. Why do you need people's approval? this is what i was saying about getting attention.

c) Whatever thread I post in I try my best to have a point, and try to be as clear in my reasoning as possible. I don't like antagonising people for the sake of it.

That's what I mean about winding people up for the sake of it, without any real purpose but to annoy people. It's getting really predictable. You have trouble being impartial in whatever you write.

The Eboue comment was just before he started making mistakes, so I'm not surprised you've changed your tune.
    a) in your opinion. Cant be that boring otherwise Soccer AM would cease to exist

b) I dont need people's approval. I like to educate people in the world in cases where they are wrong

c) Chill out, not everything in this would has to be serious. I take it you have never played a joke on someone which has wound them up for a laugh? I wouldnt say its predicatable since I dont do it to often. The tottenham should be 'embarrased' comment was correct, it was farcical, a number of long term fans were embarrased by the clubs actions

Now you are twisting my words. I could dig the exact comment out but it was along the lines 'if he continues to play like he is he will be the best full back in the world' which I believe is correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    League cup, Uefa cup and Fa Cup is hardly a proper treble. :p:

Don't think liverpool have ever won the treble of the FA Cup, League and Champions League
    Look up the meaning of the world treble.. A collection of trebles. We might not of done the best treble going, but we won one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    a) in your opinion. Cant be that boring otherwise Soccer AM would cease to exist

b) I dont need people's approval. I like to educate people in the world in cases where they are wrong

c) Chill out, not everything in this would has to be serious. I take it you have never played a joke on someone which has wound them up for a laugh? I wouldnt say its predicatable since I dont do it to often. The tottenham should be 'embarrased' comment was correct, it was farcical, a number of long term fans were embarrased by the clubs actions

Now you are twisting my words. I could dig the exact comment out but it was along the lines 'if he continues to play like he is he will be the best full back in the world' which I believe is correct.
    a) I doubt anybody actually laughed at your joke. Soccer am is a good show, just one aspect that's a bit less boring than yours.

b) You don't educate, you pointlessly antagonise for the sake of your ego. Anybody that disagrees with you is the enemy .

c) Your posts generally have hostile undertones, even if they are 'jokes'. And as I said before, if a few Spurs fans feel embarrassed, why should I follow suit? I don't need people to approve of my opinions. Who are these Spurs fans anyway? I'm surprised you even hang out with non-Arsenal fans. Most Spurs fans on this forum aren't embarrassed, and this is a pretty good microcosm if you ask me.

You havn't really answered my other accusations of hypocracy. Still, you need to be 'educated' that you can't judge a player on less than a season's worth of games (Eboue).

ReputationRep:
    CalderstonesLFC, back to my 'history books', united fans dont recognise your claim for a treble, do you need to ask why?

ReputationRep:
    Look up the meaning of the world treble.. A collection of trebles. We might not of done the best treble going, but we won one.
    Yea but not the big one :p:

Stevenage Borough won a treble once, FA Trophy, Vans Cup and the conference. Okay thats a lie, but ya know... :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    For the past two days I've been betting with totally unknown Swedish teams.

Yesterday I won £20 on two matches.

Today I've already won £9.50 lol with Kalmar beating Halmstad 2-1.

I look at the odds for the home team, and if their odds are around about evens and the away team's odds is around about 2-1, I bet on the home team.

Now come on Huddersfield!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    I hope you weren't talking to me there, cos it would be a tad difficult for me to edit the fourth (Jusfarhan's) post. So that would be a no, i don't mean the one i edited. And he edited it before either you or Economist had posted, in fact only Klinsmannc had posted.
    If that's not enough to convince you, then please refer to the fluked being in inverted commas in the first post. There you go, that makes it sound like he's joking, because he actually was.
    I need to rep you for that tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    What on earth..

How is 9 consecutive clean sheets in the Champions League a fluke?
    Yes, I was being sarcastic. My username has been all over this forum saying the word 'Liverpool' all the time, I'd've thought people'd know by now that I'm a hardcore Liverpool fan and I don't need an avatar to show it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    So I'm waiting for the Mancunians (I.e. present Chelsea fans) to answer..

If Liverpool and Arsenal can fluke their way into the final.. Why can't you?

Are you not good enough to fluke it?

Where are you all hiding, the ones who have a boner about the words fluke and Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Yea but not the big one :p:

Stevenage Borough won a treble once, FA Trophy, Vans Cup and the conference. Okay thats a lie, but ya know... :teeth:
    Lol you're a funny guy :p:

We won the cup treble

ReputationRep:
    http://www.winningphotography.co.uk/...mage/FAC4..JPG

enjoy jusfarhan, sssshhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    Oo I know, I know!

Is it, pick players who are worthy of being in the team that aren't from the 'big four'?

ReputationRep:
    Was that meant to annoy me or something? :confused:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.