Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sachmo)
    Anderson is guna be a quality player. Based on appearances i heard that Hull could get up to £1mil for him which isnt bad, considering we signed him on a free after West Brom released him!

Calderstones whats his reputation like at Liverpool?

Anybody else heard anything about him?
    He is seen as the next big thing to break through the reserve team by the majority of the fanbase at youth games ive been to.
    A lot of us are suprised he never got a run out in the portsmouth game, or at least made the bench.
    He seems a very skillfull player, loads of energy and pace, loves to beat a man and can cross a ball for once. I cant wait to see him hit the first team.
    1 million will be a steal i reckon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mancred)
    http://www.winningphotography.co.uk/...mage/FAC4..JPG

enjoy jusfarhan, sssshhhhhhh
    Hahahaha, those pesky hammers! They were a good laugh, glad i bunked in for the celebrations at the end after i had mine stolen though.

ReputationRep:
    CalderstonesLFC, back to my 'history books', united fans dont recognise your claim for a treble, do you need to ask why?
    Probably the same reason you dont recognise that we werent lucky on saturday..jelousy.
    Listen, im aware it isnt the 'holy grail' of trebles but it is 3 cups..which is good enough for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    a) I doubt anybody actually laughed at your joke. Soccer am is a good show, just one aspect that's a bit less boring than yours.

b) You don't educate, you pointlessly antagonise for the sake of your ego. Anybody that disagrees with you is the enemy .

c) Your posts generally have hostile undertones, even if they are 'jokes'. And as I said before, if a few Spurs fans feel embarrassed, why should I follow suit? I don't need people to approve of my opinions. Who are these Spurs fans anyway? I'm surprised you even hang out with non-Arsenal fans. Most Spurs fans on this forum aren't embarrassed, and this is a pretty good microcosm if you ask me.

You havn't really answered my other accusations of hypocracy. Still, you need to be 'educated' that you can't judge a player on less than a season's worth of games (Eboue).
    a) Well possibly not physically but the impression was that people were amused

b) So you think i deliberately disagree for my sake? The comments ive made are the way I feel bar the light-hearted banter ones which you seem to get really worked up about

c) You dont have to follow suit but I would be embarrased if it was Arsenal.

And you need to be 'educated' on the interpretation of the English language.

Feel free to continue to post the same points over and over but I may not waste my energy replying.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all, i was just hoping you would see the west ham fan giving it a sssshhhh and take a hint. Your getting all frustrated and over excited about 'fluke' and who is 'good enough'............ 'Where are you all hiding'.... all chelsea and utd fans reading this understand why we are not in the CL, its not difficult, one team plays better than the other, or there is fluke, or both, someone wins, you either progress or not, want do you want me to say as a united fan, cause you know the answer, we were not good enough this year.

'Are you not good enough to fluke it', think about what your saying, how you be good at being flukey, its luck and more often than not it occurs out of your teams control (usually a defensive error or goalkeeper).

Im not trying to annoy you, but your annoying me, lets try and keep this sensible. I.e avoiding using words such as 'boner'.

ReputationRep:
    CalLFC, dont tell me what i do or do not think, i'll agree that you werent lucky on saturday, i agree, even though i hate the scousers i'm reasonable. 'Jealousy', spare me the essay.

ReputationRep:
    it's nice that people are arguing with a bit of structure! great stuff.

ReputationRep:
    How does this deal compare to other Premiership clubs? I hear it is the top 10 in the world, but compared to, for instance, Newcastle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    a) Well possibly not physically but the impression was that people were amused

b) So you think i deliberately disagree for my sake? The comments ive made are the way I feel bar the light-hearted banter ones which you seem to get really worked up about

c) You dont have to follow suit but I would be embarrased if it was Arsenal.

And you need to be 'educated' on the interpretation of the English language.

Feel free to continue to post the same points over and over but I may not waste my energy replying.
    a) Ok. Next time post it in the Chelsea thread, keep the forum tidy please :rolleyes: (unless it's not club specific).

b) I don't get worked up. I take exception to your jibes. And you're seldom light hearted on this forum. You give out so much criticism you should be able to take it now and then.

c) It's easy to say that. Your favourite word is 'if' .

This whole argument started because you wanted to have a dig at Spurs by telling me not to post 'minor' club specific news stories in a new thread. That in itself was flawed because you missed the posts about other clubs' sponsorship deals.

The English Language isn't your best friend; probably because you mistreat it with all your insults and/or crazy football statements (I'm sure I could find another Economist special today)

Im posting in response to you, it's not as if i'm randomly writing stuff. If you don't have the energy for an argument, don't start one.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, though despite beating Galatasaray, they managed to lose the league...

ReputationRep:
    CalderstonesLFC, back to my 'history books', united fans dont recognise your claim for a treble, do you need to ask why?
    United fans the definitive authority on football eh.LOL.

No team can be lucky to win a trophy (well, unless it's a one off game). Whether it's the fa vans trophies or the world cup, you have to earn your right. If you're good enough over the set number of games you'll win the trophy, if not, you'll be sent packing. It's not difficult.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think the general quality in europe is all that great. There are two stand out players in Henry and Ronaldinho. Gerrard is getting there, so is Rooney, Messi etc. Juve are the best team in Italy but are also the most negative in europe and have difficulty dealing with different styles of play as evident in the CL over the last two seasons. Milan are a bit here and there with an excellent core but a squad that is aging. Barca are the best team in Europe at the moment. Chelsea are excellent but didnt finish *that* far ahead of a team with no central midfield and another without a strikeforce.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    My post must be a figment of my imagination :teeth:
    Oops
    Yes. It was three trophies, therefore it was a treble of trophies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusfarhan)
    I need to rep you for that tomorrow
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Eight million? Arsenal? Jesus.

I've always found there to be a distinction to be made between 'a treble' and 'The Treble.' Arbitrary and quite possibly entirely wrong but, I feel, worth saying nonetheless. The Treble, to my mind, constitutes the three greatest trophies: Top-flight domestic League, top domestic cup and Champion's League. For this reason I would appeal to any United fans to use the term 'The Treble' when doing your gloating...

...or just consider me a muppet and take no notice. It's all good.

As to the actual question, I don't believe by any stretch of the imagination that either team 'fluked' their way to the final. Liverpool demonstrated immense character, particularly in their final group match, and the Arse have playing, in my opinion, some stunning football and, as has been pointed out, kept clean sheet after clean sheet. The only team I would say did fluke it to the Title was Porto after that travesty of an offside decision against Scholes in the first knock-out stage. What do I know, though? :p:

ReputationRep:
    So why has Sven taken such a big gamble on such a relevantly unknown player? Perhaps most obvious answer is that Sven has nothing to lose. If Walcott is a flop at the World Cup, Eriksson will not have to deal with the consequences....

Another reason and perhaps most key, is that practically no-one outside England has even heard of Theo Walcott before this week. ’
    I sort of agree with the first point, but I don't think that it's probably the thing in the forefront of Sven's mind. He knows how quickly the fans and in particular the Media latch on to the younger squad members. And he was right- the daily rags can't stop talking about him and I've actually had to stop reading them because I am so sick of have to read about his girlfriend getting in her car/ eating a sandwich / breathing.

I think more people know about Theo's ability than the Media suggest. A number of clubs in Spain were after Theo and reportedly AC were keeping tabs on him too. Rupert Lowe claimed he wanted to keep Theo at St Mary's but he WAS constantly talking about how good he was so it's hardly being over suspicious to think that other clubs were probably alerted as well.

He really isn't that much of a secret.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    Worst Arsenal side which is also the only one to make the CL final? :rolleyes:
    Yes.

Are you saying that Liverpool's team last year is better than the one this season?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    I dont think the general quality in europe is all that great. There are two stand out players in Henry and Ronaldinho. Gerrard is getting there, so is Rooney, Messi etc. Juve are the best team in Italy but are also the most negative in europe and have difficulty dealing with different styles of play as evident in the CL over the last two seasons. Milan are a bit here and there with an excellent core but a squad that is aging. Barca are the best team in Europe at the moment. Chelsea are excellent but didnt finish *that* far ahead of a team with no central midfield and another without a strikeforce.
    Shevchenko? Kaka? Totti?

Chelsea are also a negative team. Valenica won la liga with negative tactics in 2003, i dont see what your point is? Milan have been the best team in Europe for the last 4 years. I dont see why people make such a big deal about Milans age. Its won them so many things in the past. Experience counts for a lot, and they mix it well with younger players like Gilardino, Kaka, Kaladze etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    Shevchenko? Kaka? Totti?
    I think they were covered in "etc" actually

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.