(Original post by Batman)
    Barcelona will rip arsenal into pieces. They don't stand a chance
    are a chelsea fan? they have already done it to u :p: :cool: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mancsmithsfan)
    Im not a linesman but come on barca!!!!
    in ur dreams:cool:

ReputationRep:
    he deserves to be removed from the final, it doesn't get any more stupid than that.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    I dont think Arsenal's football has been good. Certainly not near the level they attained for 3 or 4 seasons prior to that under Wenger. If they tried to match that they'd probably be beaten because of the inexperience in the side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gordih6)
    he deserves to be removed from the final, it doesn't get any more stupid than that.
    They have done:

link --> New Linesman Flying Out Wednesday Morning

ReputationRep:
    These are what I'm thinking about for today:

@ Coral

MOTM;
    Eto'o - 9/1
    Messi - 10/1
    Lehmann - 16/1

Ronaldinho to score more to Henry - 3/1

Most goals in 2nd half 11/10

Goals over 3 - 4/1

Arsenal to win on penalties - 12/1

@ William Hill

Match action over 100 points - 10/1

Deco to score from outside penalty box - 10/1

Ronaldinho to score from free kick - 11/2

Eto'o to score winning goal 15/2

I'm gonna do around 6 of those, about a fiver each = £30.

ReputationRep:
    *Since Sky Have Had The Rights... To The Premiership

The last FA Cup Final of that quality was in 1990. Sky acquired rights for 1992-1993 onwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    Cue the excuses when they lose...
    No, we leave all the excuse-making for tottenham fans, they seem to be quite prolific in dishing them out!

COME ON GOOONERS!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, I see someone else reads the GU rumour mill. Its always a great spin on things (Except when Carrie Dunn has been doing it recently - she's rubbish).

Georgina Turner, what a woman. barry whatshisname and sean ingle do pretty funny ones too!
    Do you subscribe to the fiver?

ReputationRep:
    I personally dont think that cameras should be brought into football to review incidents that have happened. Because:
    1) It would ruin football by slowing it down, it would have to be stopped every minute for every decision.
    2) Isnt football more exciting and entertaining when it has controversial decisions, what would we ever talk about?! it would be extremely boring if the game was ruled perfectly.
    3) Also do people believe that lower league clubs would be able to install about 5 cameras all over the stadium to watch the game? Premiership clubs are able to do so with the massive stadiums they have but a League 2 club with a capacity of 3,000 would have the required space and layout for them?
    4) Why do people even feel football needs to be sorted out?

Gimme your views! ive given mine....

Sachmo...:tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    In a word - no....

It is horrible when decisions go against you when they shouldnt, but you get some go your way throughout the season too i suppose... It would ruin the game like you say....

Interestingly, i thought goal line cameras were not allowed at the current time - yet prem plus always have them on the goal lines! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Stop changing your name!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimexi)
    for tottenham fans, they seem to be quite prolific in dishing them out!
    :toofunny: If that was a deliberate pun, hats of to you sir.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sachmo)
    I personally dont think that cameras should be brought into football to review incidents that have happened. Because:
    1) It would ruin football by slowing it down, it would have to be stopped every minute for every decision.
    2) Isnt football more exciting and entertaining when it has controversial decisions, what would we ever talk about?! it would be extremely boring if the game was ruled perfectly.
    3) Also do people believe that lower league clubs would be able to install about 5 cameras all over the stadium to watch the game? Premiership clubs are able to do so with the massive stadiums they have but a League 2 club with a capacity of 3,000 would have the required space and layout for them?
    4) Why do people even feel football needs to be sorted out?

Gimme your views! ive given mine....

Sachmo...:tsr2:
    1) No it wouldnt. Everyone said that about tennis but all it takes a couple of seconds provided the technology is implemented correctly.
    2) No. Results shouldnt be down to luck, the team who perform the best on the day should deserve to win. If they are prevented from a result due to a wrong decision then that isnt fair
    3) You wouldnt need to do it in lower leagues to start off with
    4) Because the world is changing. And imo we should utilise our ever increasing capacities to eliminate a form of wrong doing/luck which restricts the chance of the correct outcome being determined

ReputationRep:
    I only changed it once :p:

I'm tryna think where the main battle will be. So I could name the MOTM like that!

I'm thinking Messi. But Eto'o might score 2 goals or something and he'll take MOTM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    How can any finalist not have a chance?
    Leverkusen never had a chance against Real a few years back. There was only ever one result for that.

ReputationRep:
    Is Messi fit? I thought he was something like 2% to be fit for the game?
    Itll be between Ronnie and Henry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    :toofunny: If that was a deliberate pun, hats of to you sir.
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ronaldinho to be MOTM is 6/4 and Henry is 10/3.

So their odds are crap. It might be someone else anyway, and Messi is at 10/1 and Eto'o at 9/1.

Messi looks as if he'll play, but some people doubt he'd start.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.