Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    lol...does the one goal thing only include goals upto the 90 minutes....or including extra time? and i know this cant be true, but including penalties aswell? that'll be stupid though...but yea, good idea!

Go Arsenal, go! Pleeeease!

ReputationRep:
    Thats some good corridor footie moves. top drawer.

ReputationRep:
    I should be supporting Arsenal because im English but...
    cant wait to see this game!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khadijah)
    thought id add my contribution... come on arsenal!! even these 3 old ladies were talking about it on the train home...they wanted barca to win though...:mad:
    should've mugged 'em :mad: :eek: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    god no thats awful,

may I just say. why is there a union flag with england written over it. Surely someone who loves england that much would have a st georges.

almost as bad as embrace

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, this game is even getting televised in the states (pretty rare occasion). I didnt get to see the FA cup final the other day, so Im looking forward to this.

I dont have a favourite, just want to see some good futball.

ReputationRep:
    WHAT! Sorry I mean WHAT!!! People who think installing cameras into the game would be a good idea must be incredibly naïve!
    In reference to the earlier comment that lower league clubs wouldn’t need them…. Of course they would! It’s still an official game of football! It would be know different if Manchester United vs. Arsenal were playing than York City vs. North Ferriby someone the only difference would be the media coverage, why should it be only for the premiership. And again referring to ‘Sachmos’ comment on lower league clubs wouldn’t be able to… that’s completely correct!

Another reason is due to the fact that football is one of the greatest and most popular sports across the world! A significant reason for this is its swift fluent pace, why don’t you think American Football has made it ‘big’ across the world, yes its due to the fact its so bloody boring due to all the stopping and starting which is what would happen if the integration of camera to football would have!

Finally when would you decide to call upon ‘Video Refereeing’ in a match?
    An offside?
    A foul?
    A penalty Claim?
    A Goal?

And if it was called upon what would happen for example if it was unknown if the ball had crossed the line for a goal and the play was stopped and it was in-fact not a goal… what would happen then? If it went to be a dead ball then both teams may feel aggrieved as the team claiming for the goal may have had another chance on goal straight after the claim of vice versa the opposing team may have been on the break!

Football is a brilliant game as it is the addition of camera would only ruin the tempo and passion of the game!

(it would be like Speed Cameras…. And I F*****G hate speed cameras!)

ReputationRep:
    Would it honestly slow the game down that much?
    A pass may have been offside, let play resume if there is doubt in the linesman's mind. IF a goal is scored, use the tech to see if offside or not.. then either goal kick or restart depending on outcome.. how much does that slow the game? That could all be done while the players run around like headless chickens celebrating the 'goal'.
    A penalty claim - just a min for quick analysis of a foul or not.. doesnt take long tbh..
    And then the tech to see if the ball crosses the line..
    The game pauses at these stages anyway.. why not give technology a chance to improve the game?

ReputationRep:
    I've got a better idea. Remove cameras.

ReputationRep:
    You cant go wrong with half time full time odds. Eg:

Arsenal winning at half time, but Man Utd win at full

You always get sick odds like 28/1

My highest win is £140...

this is gonna be a fantastic game, 2 of the best attacking teams in the world.....the perfect final in my opinion in this day and age....good luck to both teams.

ReputationRep:
    It's like watcing Bambi on ice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    Would it honestly slow the game down that much?
    A pass may have been offside, let play resume if there is doubt in the linesman's mind. IF a goal is scored, use the tech to see if offside or not.. then either goal kick or restart depending on outcome.. how much does that slow the game? That could all be done while the players run around like headless chickens celebrating the 'goal'.
    A penalty claim - just a min for quick analysis of a foul or not.. doesnt take long tbh..
    And then the tech to see if the ball crosses the line..
    The game pauses at these stages anyway.. why not give technology a chance to improve the game?
    thats underlying one aspect of the intergration of cameras there are many others. Oh and yes, yes it would slow it down!

ReputationRep:
    Well its an interesting debate, with positives for the use of camera's and equally as many problems which they would create.

However, one of my earliest memories from wacthing football matches with my dad at the age of 12 in the terraces at boothferry park. Was in actual fact the debate which leads to banter after the match caused by the occassional 'dodgy' referreing decision. I feel that the game would lose so much, of the atmosphere these type of decisions create, if camera's were in fact introduced. they would render refeere's totally worthless if you think about it.

how can you have a ref on the pitch decide some decisions and a ref in a room somwhere decide the decisions and make them consistent ? its just crazyness

you could actually argue that camera's had already ruined the sport, and that less matches should be televised, thats the route many football fanatics would take.

Television has already ruined football once we should not let that happen again !

NO TO CAMERA's

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure 1 goal would just be the 90 mins.

You can bet "in play" on most sites I believe, so could bet who would score next etc

You don't have to bet who will score first.. there are literally about 100 different bets you could make: just check it out the website you are betting with.

ReputationRep:
    couldn't agree with rafy more. come on you gooners!

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    Up the Arse!

ReputationRep:
    Hero to villain! Noooooooooooooooooooo!

ReputationRep:
    Argh Argh What Was That?!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.