Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    You wont believe this, but I didnt know that, was out the room for a while...

Who got sent off>?
    Lehmann for holding onto Eto'o's foot.

He was literally grabbing it as if holding on for his life.

ReputationRep:
    I hate cheats.... good dive by Eboue though! :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    . First of all, WTF was Lehmann doing HOLDING onto Eto'o's foot like that?! That's disgraceful. The ******* deserves to be gone.

Secondly, what was that prick Eboue doing DIVING to get that free kick that led up to the goal?
    He's probably French:rolleyes:

As for Lehmann, I've been out the room so missed a load? Should there have been a penalty for Barca??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    Lehmann for holding onto Eto'o's foot.

He was literally grabbing it as if holding on for his life.
    So Eto went around him outside the box, I'm guessing?? Unless Barca missed a pen

ReputationRep:

As for Lehmann, I've been out the room so missed a load? Should there have been a penalty for Barca??
    Who's probably French? When Lehmann fouled Eto'o.. Guily scored as play "carried" on, but the ref disallowed that and gave Barca a free kick from just outside the box which Ronaldinho put just wide.

ReputationRep:
    Good match so far. Ref should have called advantage in the first half giving Barca a one goal lead. Dont know why he blew the whistle so early. People dive all the time, so I dont hold anything against Arsenal in regard to the goal.

ReputationRep:
    Why didn't Arsenal put the ball out of play midway into the 1st half :confused: ?

Nevertheless, an Arsenal goal was needed to give barca a kick up the a**e. Bring on Larrson for Deco and play Ronaldinho deeper, there's no space for him in and around the area.

ReputationRep:
    So Eto went around him outside the box, I'm guessing?? Unless Barca missed a pen
    Well, Lehmann brought Eto down, but Barca had scored. However, ref pulled play back, disallowed the goal and sent Lehmann off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    Who's probably French? When Lehmann fouled Eto'o.. Guily scored as play "carried" on, but the ref disallowed that and gave Barca a free kick from just outside the box which Ronaldinho put just wide.
    Eboue I meant..

So was Eto cleant through on goal and had rounded the keeper??

ReputationRep:
    It was around the edge, yes..

Eto'o was clean through on goal and it should be 1 - 0 to Barca.

On a side note, I feel really really sorry for Pires.

ReputationRep:
    I think he thought Eboue was french... i dont think he is?

If Arsenal win now, it will be because they cheated, anyone can do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kondar)
    Good match so far. Ref should have called advantage in the first half giving Barca a one goal lead. Dont know why he blew the whistle so early. People dive all the time, so I dont hold anything against Liverpool in regard to the goal.
    Huh?

ReputationRep:

No PK, foul was outside the box, ref should have waited and let play develop as Barca would have (and did) score a goal as Lehmann was the last man to beat. Would have put them up 1-0 and they still would have had the 1 man advantage.

ReputationRep:
    So Eboue's winning the free kick was blatantly a dive??

ReputationRep:
    What a stressful match! hope that the brits win!! go arsenal (i never thought I'd say that!)

ReputationRep:
    Huh?
    my bad, im doing three things at once now that its half time.

ReputationRep:
    BLATANTLY.

Infact, not only did he dive but he fouled Puyol.

That should've been a double Barca free kick.

ReputationRep:
    I think Barca have the creativity to score, it's just i worry they rely too much on Ronaldinho, and if he fades out the game or get's shut down....it could be curtains...unless Eto outpaces Campbell again

ReputationRep:
    Somewhat...

The referee has had to make 2 decisions, he got them both wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Argh, I am so disgusted by Arsenal! I can't believe it! I actually respected them through my whole life!

I've never ever disrespected them, ever, about anything. It's always Manure or Cheatsea and now they do this?!

DISGUSTING. I AM APPALLED! EMBARASSING.

How could Arsenal do this?!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.