39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Are you crying
    are you crying
    are you crying this evening

Arsenal have never been as successful as united, at least with scousers they can turn around and say 18 and 5 times, even though i hate it its true, you havent come close to touching our success, and tonight leaves you in the same position, you lost, you havent won the CL, and even when i secretely respected liverpools win last year, the pleasure i have taken from seeing arsenal (english side my arse all french) crash out is brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    I thought we were talking about this season?

An unbeaten premiership title is something you can only dream of.
    And you can only dream of achieving the treble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mancred)
    Are you crying
    are you crying

Arsenal have never been as successful as united, at least with scousers they can turn around and say 18 and 5 times, even though i hate it its true, you havent come close to touching our success, and tonight leaves you in the same position, you lost, you havent won the CL, and even when i secretely respected liverpools win last year, the pleasure i have taken from seeing arsenal (english side my arse all french) crash out is brilliant.
    Were you in the final? No. So shut the hell up and worry about getting into the final next time.

ReputationRep:
    We didnt get out of the group stages and we played badly fair enough, arsenal did better that us, fact. RobbieC, IF I WASNT INTERESTED IN FOOTBALL DO YOU THINK I WOULD PAY IN EXCESS OF £1700 A YEAR GOING HOME AND AWAY!!! Watch yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Mate, Man Utd honestly don't have anything to be proud about this season.

Christ, you came bottom of your CL group!

ReputationRep:
    I am happy.

P.s, how do I find out who the man of the match is?

ReputationRep:
    Deserving doesn't come into it.

Liverpool didn't deserve to win the semi final last year. They won the cup. Its all fair in love and war.
    Why didn't they deserve to win it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mancred)
    No trophy this season, 19 points behind utd, you have won f**k all, you lost th champions league, and all you cocky cockney lads should fade away. This has made my evening, jog on arsenal, lets have some of your tears.

This post may cause controversy, bothered, i am utd through and through, ST holder, and let me tell you, there is pleasure and laughter in manchester tonight.
    Anyone care? No thought not.

I find it ironic how a Man Utd fan can talk about others being "cocky".

ReputationRep:
    Are you a Liverpool fan? Did you watch the semi final (against Chelsea)?

ReputationRep:
    I think considering the inguries jamie turner inflicted at southampton (beaton into a tuma) that you have the nerve to come on here and start talking about irony to one of the united faithful.

ReputationRep:
    I think Man Utd should be concerned that they didn't even manage to get out of the group stages...
    No i dont think it's a real cause for concern. Our league form picked up, we just need to get back to the same kind of form and style we showed when we demolished arsenal in the fa cup final one year ago, only to lose on penalties, i still can't believe how on earth we didn't manage to score and win that final. It's clear Henry is off, i think i'd be off if i was him, and the only club i'd contemplate leaving for would be barca...certainly not juve now, and after recent controversies they could be demoted to a lower league due to match fixing allegations, and moving to real madrid would be completely illogical move, you win things in a team afterall.

ReputationRep:
    Lets be honest guys, Ronaldinho and Henry didnt play too well. So much for the hype around these 2 at the beginning of the game.

ReputationRep:
    Hehehehe

If you'd demolished us, it wouldn't have come down to penalities. Agreed Utd were the better team on the day, but you weren't good enough to get through our defences.

His press conference talk won't have pleased his team mates at Barca

ReputationRep:
    Please vote Eto'o man of the match! On the right hand side http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL...Report=RP.html

ReputationRep:
    Are you a Liverpool fan? Did you watch the semi final (against Chelsea)?
    Yes I did watch it. And yes, the ref allowed the goal and allowed sending off the keeper.

To be honest with you, I'd rather have Cech sent off for literally the whole match than the goal.

And yes, the ref did say after the match that he'd've sent the keeper off.

P.s, Chelsea had one shot on target for 180 minutes against Liverpool last season. If you're telling me they deserved to win, or Liverpool didn't deserve to win, you seriously need to get your head sorted

P.p.s, that one 'shot on goal' was a hopeless shot from 35 yards out.

ReputationRep:
    You were still lucky with the goal...

As I say, tis all fair...

ReputationRep:
    What on Earth are Arsenal on about????

Barcelona scored a perfectly good goal, only for Lehmann to correctly sent off for being the last man.

Arsenal score from a free kick that should NEVER have stood.

Barcelona score two well worked goals carving Arsenal apart.

Yet ref is the blame? **** off.

What makes them think they would have automatically won if the Barcelona goal did stand and it remained 11 v 11? It would have wrecked Arsenal's gameplan of defending forcing them to attack leaving them vunerable to the counter-attack. FFS.

They were bitter against Tottenham, and now bitter against Barcelona. I thought our Fergie was bad.

(Original post by Fafa~)
    Yes I did watch it. And yes, the ref allowed the goal and allowed sending off the keeper.

To be honest with you, I'd rather have Cech sent off for literally the whole match than the goal.

And yes, the ref did say after the match that he'd've sent the keeper off.
    Would also have awarded a penalty. When the so-called English Champions manage all of 2 or so shots on target over both legs, they hardly deserved to have won. Liverpool put the ball over the line, Chelsea didn't. This same has applied tonight.

This is not about Liverpool or Chelsea, but about Arsenal and Barcelona.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    Mate, Man Utd honestly don't have anything to be proud about this season.

Christ, you came bottom of your CL group!
    Well, whereas United are a business, heavily in debt due to Glazers, and we have consolidated, in fact, improved our league position of 3rd in the last two seasons to 2nd, i'd say that wasn't too bad. And until Abrom buggers off, n other team in the Premiership will win the prem title, there is little little chance of this. Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal have a better chance of winning the Champs League in the foreseeable future than they do of winning the premier league. Chelsea aren't so much a business, just a play thing for mr abromavich...success surely feels less so when it's bank rolled using limitless resources, so much meaning is lost.

Chelsea aren't so much a football club, shipping in, shipping out players at a ridiculous pace, no youth system, no feelings of shared identity with players....21 million on w-philips for god sake. I'd much rather be supporting united with home grown talent, with the scholes and nevilles of this world, lets not forget rooney, rather than a bunch of here now, gone tomorrow players where building rapport is impossible as the 20 mill plus players will be gone again in next to no time...supporting chelsea is like supporting a whole new friggin team each season...

ReputationRep:
    Sharpshooter mate, its nice to see someone coming from the same opinion casue i am outnumbered by anti united part timers by about 100 to 1.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.