Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Bugger off you Manc t0sser. When was the last time you won a trophy, idiot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mancred)
    Rainy, arsneal play better football than united, maybe more often than not, but no trophy and 19 points behind, i'd rather play like united
    whilst we have rooney, they will be henry-less, i know which camp i'd rather be in

ReputationRep:
    'jog on', probably arised from a soft southern muppet, but since i'm from manchester and have an accent it sounds slightly different to the high pitched cockney slang.

ReputationRep:
    I think considering the inguries jamie turner inflicted at southampton (beaton into a tuma) that you have the nerve to come on here and start talking about irony to one of the united faithful.
    O do behave. I'm not going into that. And I think you mean "coma" not "tuma". Nice one.

"one of the united faithful"?!! PMSL

ReputationRep:
    Good game, the best team deserved to win. Arsenal were rather disgraceful, it has to be said. Not giving Barca the ball back after an Arsenal injury, Eboue dived, was petulant, timewasting, Henry's post-match. I would have expected that behaviour from a continental team, not a British one, oh wait...

Yes, Ronaldinho wasn't at his best but I thought Henry did well considering. Didn't like his post-match though, could have given Barca a bit more credit for their play and not blamed the ref. so much. This puts Liverpool's achievement into perspective.

ReputationRep:
    Muppet is a london thing too lol, you sure you dont like them?

'jog on', probably arised from a soft southern muppet, but since i'm from manchester and have an accent it sounds slightly different to the high pitched cockney slang.
    Oh, getting personal on location are we?

South owns north.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    The ref? He spoiled the game by sending Lehmann off. The 1st Barca goal should have been offside.
    Henry should have scored. He has scored the goals easy!
    Am I seeing correctly?

Are you saying the ref was wrong to send Lehmann off?

How are you feeling? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I have been complaining about the refereeing all season... nobody has paid any notice till now.... Thats what infuriates me. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Well said - Arsenal did themselves proud in Europe this year, I think they ought to be congratulated for their performances. 9 clean sheets in a row, phenominal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Carling cup....which we treasure very much. Really

ReputationRep:
    Northern monkeys make me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)

Such a shame, just 12 minutes away from pulling it off. How can you criticise Arsenal because there was a dive? ALL teams are guilty of this, and Barcelona far far far more so than Arsenal. They cheated a LOT more than us, and just because a goal resulted from ours doesn't make it worse than those times Freddie was kicked in the heels.

Arsenal shouldn't have had 10 men, ruines the night for him, Pires, fans... everyone. Why not just let it go 1-0, and also Barca first goal was maybe offside.

Henrys booking, what the hell? Barcas lack of bookings... baffling? People saying Arsenal were worse than Barca, equally baffling.

Please stay Henry, you didn't like the dives, the fouls... well that is what you'll get every match in Spain.

so because other teams have dived, its ok for you to do it?:rolleyes: Didnt see Barcelona diving anyway.

Oleguer didnt deserve his booking - he clearly got the ball when challenging Ljunberg.

The ref could have let it go 1-0, but he had already blown the whistle so he had no choice. In reality it should have been a goal plus a sending off for Lehman.

Theres plenty of diving in the EPL. Please stop with these ridiculous stereotypes.

ReputationRep:
    im feeling bad for those arsenal fans who bought tickets at high prices but then again it was a good match dont blame the refree blame henry for not taking his chances!

ReputationRep:
    I cant really be arsed to get in a long winded ****ging match between everyone here, it is clear by what some people are saying and some of the comments arising that i am dealing with quite a few part timers, and what i mean by that is people who are interested in football but dont really go and watch their team play and dont have a basic knowledge of whats going on. Where do i stand? To make it clear to the anti united brigade (it seems clear you'd rather hate united than support your own team), i'll tell you where i stand. I'm glad arsenal lost, they deserved to be in the final but they lost. Thier season has not been as successful as uniteds .19 points behind, no trophy, gunners, no comeback neccessary. You play attractive football yes, probably more attractive at times than united, but results count and this season you havent produced when needed, tonight shows that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Good game, the best team deserved to win. Arsenal were rather disgraceful, it has to be said. Not giving Barca the ball back after an Arsenal injury, Eboue dived, was petulant, timewasting, Henry's post-match. I would have expected that behaviour from a continental team, not a British one, oh wait...

Yes, Ronaldinho wasn't at his best but I thought Henry did well considering. Didn't like his post-match though, could have given Barca a bit more credit for their play and not blamed the ref. so much. This puts Liverpool's achievement into perspective.
    Couldnt disagree more, thought the game was utter shiite.

We didnt give the ball back because we went to put the bloody ball out and it hit the Barca player who duely helped it on its way out.

Petulant? Timewasting? No more the average side with 10 men in our position

Henry post match? The ref was a fcking liability

Barca were a bloody disgrace. Hacking all over the park, diving all over the shot. Lost a lot of respect for Ronaldinho tonight, dived in a couple of instances and trying to claim it his ball when he kicks it straight off

Fair play to Barca, Jens sending off ruined the game but he got what he deserved

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Oh, getting personal on location are we?

South owns north.
    I personally prefer the 'down to earth' variety rather than the 'up your own arse' type, more often to be found in the southern regions

ReputationRep:
    I cant really be arsed to get in a long winded ****ging match between everyone here,
    Why start a ******* thread then? Idiot.

(Original post by Klinsmannic)

Timewasting? What did Barca do when in the lead. British, oh wait... witty. 2 English players, how many do Barca have who are Spanish, 3 I think... muuuuch better. They represent the Premiership, and England.

Henry was funny post-match, and dead right.

I do like some Barca players like Ronaldinho, but some are diving ****s and just didn't get goals from theirs so it's ok is it?

I am happy to see Arsenal even in the final, and know Barca would win more often then not... but would like to have seen it done properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SFC_FOREVER!)
    Northern monkeys make me laugh.
    lol, the deacon in my parish, where my parents worship, happens to originate from southampton and he speaks like a **** not to mention his singing!!!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.