Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Can't really blame the ref. for the defeat if he was rubbish for both sides. To be fair most refs would have had trouble keeping up with the playacting/diving from both teams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    so because other teams have dived, its ok for you to do it?:rolleyes: Didnt see Barcelona diving anyway.

Oleguer didnt deserve his booking - he clearly got the ball when challenging Ljunberg.

The ref could have let it go 1-0, but he had already blown the whistle so he had no choice. In reality it should have been a goal plus a sending off for Lehman.

Theres plenty of diving in the EPL. Please stop with these ridiculous stereotypes.
    Oleguer did deserve a booking, not for that foul but for another couple of instances where he fouled freddie on a break

'In reality it should have been a goal plus a sending off for Lehman.'

Not sure about this statement. The red card is issued for denying a goal scoring opportunity. Since the ball fell to Guily he didnt deny the goal scoring opportunity so should have been sent off if they play the advantage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    Am I seeing correctly?

Are you saying the ref was wrong to send Lehmann off?

How are you feeling? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
    Some refs would probably give the ball when playing advantage and not send lehmann off. I would have preferred that. I don't think that Barca deserved to win that much more than us tbh. Had it been 11 vs 11, I think we really could have beaten them. Barca had the ref on their side for many descisions and should have carded a few of their players and not carded Henry.
    By the way, I thought that Ronaldinho was pretty poor today. His touch was often poor and so were his shots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Refs decisions 95% of the time favoured Barca.
    Utter crap. Where the hell did you get 95% from?

ReputationRep:
    Stop repeating yourself mancred.

Fact is, Arsenal had a cleansheet in the CL and got to the final. Utd were bottom of the group. End of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mancred)
    I cant really be arsed to get in a long winded ****ging match between everyone here, it is clear by what some people are saying and some of the comments arising that i am dealing with quite a few part timers, and what i mean by that is people who are interested in football but dont really go and watch their team play and dont have a basic knowledge of whats going on. Where do i stand? To make it clear to the anti united brigade (it seems clear you'd rather hate united than support your own team), i'll tell you where i stand. I'm glad arsenal lost, they deserved to be in the final but they lost. Thier season has not been as successful as uniteds .19 points behind, no trophy, gunners, no comeback neccessary. You play attractive football yes, probably more attractive at times than united, but results count and this season you havent produced when needed, tonight shows that.
    This gets better.

Part timers? All England games home and away, WC in June. Will you be there. Hope not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Some refs would probably give the ball when playing advantage and not send lehmann off. I would have preferred that. I don't think that Barca deserved to win that much more than us tbh. Had it been 11 vs 11, I think we really could have beaten them. Barca had the ref on their side for many descisions and should have carded a few of their players and not carded Henry.
    By the way, I thought that Ronaldinho was pretty poor today. His touch was often poor and so were his shots.
    But that's a blatant red. Even Henry agreed.

If some refs didn't send Lehmann off, it'd be a wrong decision.

Do you personally think it wasn't a red card?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Oh, getting personal on location are we?

South owns north.
    Just watch 'deal or no deal', there's a cockney on that at present and he sounds like such a ****. Frankly, i'd rather be a northerner, i'd contemplate slitting my wrists if i sounded as common as some cockneys do...

ReputationRep:
    Feel a bit sorry for Almunia, and for the last goal balletti was slightly lucky, also WTF was Flamini doing? he should have got there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Oleguer did deserve a booking, not for that foul but for another couple of instances where he fouled freddie on a break

'In reality it should have been a goal plus a sending off for Lehman.'

Not sure about this statement. The red card is issued for denying a goal scoring opportunity. Since the ball fell to Guily he didnt deny the goal scoring opportunity so should have been sent off if they play the advantage
    Fair enough about Oleguer.

Plenty of times the ref has let play continue, and then booked.sent off a player for the previous foul. Lehman was the last man, and it was pretty cynical if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Can't really blame the ref. for the defeat if he was rubbish for both sides. To be fair most refs would have had trouble keeping up with the playacting/diving from both teams.
    Cant think of an instance where we play acted or dive personally apart from Eboue where contact was made.

Although I thought the ref was biased, that aside it was just a shocking performance from the ref all round. Made some absolute mare decisions.

CiderPeter im always complaining about refs. Seem incapable of doing any sort of decent job on a regular basis. I dont know why they are retiring Collina and appointing these idiots. This is one of the reasons to bring in video replays imo

ReputationRep:
    I agree. He wrongly gave that free-kick against Puyol where Eboue dived, which led to the Arsenal goal.

That was a silly decision and should've booked Eboue for diving.

Morever, Eboue fouled Puyol too.

That's three decisions WRONG in the space of a second.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    Well said - Arsenal did themselves proud in Europe this year, I think they ought to be congratulated for their performances. 9 clean sheets in a row, phenominal.
    yea, arsenal have been very good this year, and 2nd best is very good. i really wanted arsenal to win , but i think barca deserved it tonight.

i felt that henry wasnt at his best:mad: , and missed 2 good chances. Cole wasnt good either .

and about refereeing, i thought he made a big mistake about the red card, and diallowing the goal. but he also did give arsenal a free kick which wasnt a foul. so on that i think it was all fair .

i see some manu fans happy, just because they are jealous .

(Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    I personally prefer the 'down to earth' variety rather than the 'up your own arse' type, more often to be found in the southern regions
    Only 'cos the north have nothing to brag about. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I just read this on the teletext.
    What the heck. Just because they have tonnes of money, they want to buy anyone. It will just be the best teams against the rest of the premiership if Chelsea had their way.

(Original post by w8wizz)
    yea, arsenal have been very good this year, and 2nd best is very good. i really wanted arsenal to win , but i think barca deserved it tonight.

i felt that henry wasnt at his best:mad: , and missed 2 good chances. Cole wasnt good either .

and about refereeing, i thought he made a big mistake about the red card, and diallowing the goal. but he also did give arsenal a free kick which wasnt a foul. so on that i think it was all fair .

i see some manu fans happy, just because they are jealous .
    Cole was ok wasn't he? I saw him do some nifty ****.

ReputationRep:
    I cant really be arsed to get in a long winded ****ging match between everyone here, it is clear by what some people are saying and some of the comments arising that i am dealing with quite a few part timers, and what i mean by that is people who are interested in football but dont really go and watch their team play and dont have a basic knowledge of whats going on. Where do i stand? To make it clear to the anti united brigade (it seems clear you'd rather hate united than support your own team), i'll tell you where i stand. I'm glad arsenal lost, they deserved to be in the final but they lost. Thier season has not been as successful as uniteds .19 points behind, no trophy, gunners, no comeback neccessary. You play attractive football yes, probably more attractive at times than united, but results count and this season you havent produced when needed, tonight shows that.
    I don't think you can call people on here part-timers just because nearly everyone disagrees with you. I would say Liverpool's season has been more successful than Man U's but you will probably disagree.

I am gutted for Arsenal fans I know how horrible they must be feeling right now after the game kinda lost its sparkle early on. I was upset as it was watching our trophy go to another team and seeing them lifting it got to me (I know thats quite sad but hey). Arsenal have had a good end to what looked to be a bad season, you have got european football next year, got to the C.L final (and despite what some people say that can't happen by fluke) and you got one over Spurs. I hope Arsenal improve in the league next year, my ideal finish would be Liverpool first Arsenal second.

Heads up Arsenal xxx

ReputationRep:
    Are northerners like Americans? Do they think the only place south of Birmingham is London.

Cockney accent is present is one part of London, and no place else.

ReputationRep:
    yea, good for u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    I agree. He wrongly gave that free-kick against Puyol where Eboue dived, which led to the Arsenal goal.

That was a silly decision and should've booked Eboue for diving.

Morever, Eboue fouled Puyol too.

That's three decisions WRONG in the space of a second.
    Puyol caught him on the right shoulder and when you are travelling at that speed it doesnt take a lot to knock you off balance. Yes a dive, but no foul on Puyol

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.