Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    Woah woah, when I said Barca could have scored three, I meant if Eto'o's shot went in instead of hitting the post.

Remember, Barcelona did score 2.
    1 offside

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Forget about sour grapes

Marquez through the back of Henry - no card
    Henry wins the ball from the side - yellow
    Oliguer wins ball - yellow
    Oliguer fouls on the break twice - no card
    And thats just a few instances.
    and were these fouls committed in promising, stratigical positions for arsenal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    You know, I swear that happens so often. It could have happened to Barca during one of their dives had it been in a similar area and they had scored.
    yea, i dont agree with jose, or henry saying he "i join him on that" about barca being cheats. because i think chelsea have been worse especially drogba, and jose seems ok with that, lol:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Only 10vs11, when 11vs11 Arsenal were attacking and we had a game on to rival the FA cup final for attacking and free flowing football, one goal didn't matter to that. But then suddenly a man down vs best team in world who keep possession, killed the game off.
    Well thats Lehmans fault. Its not in the referees interest to make the game entertaining. He follows the rules, and its Arsenals fault that they went down to 10 men.

ReputationRep:
    1 offside
    Ok, let's say the ref made good decisions about the goals.

Eto'o offside.

Eboue dive.

Barcelona 1 - 0 Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    Results aside the lads did us proud tonight, worked their socks off after the nightmare sending off. It's hard enough to contain Barca will eleven players on the field. Fans kept cheering right too the end. It's a shame but the future is bright

(Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    and were these fouls committed in promising, stratigical positions for arsenal?
    Some of them, yes. Assuming you mean for Barca.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    Well thats Lehmans fault. Its not in the referees interest to make the game entertaining. He follows the rules, and its Arsenals fault that they went down to 10 men.
    NICELY said. Thank you.

So what if the game wasn't entertaining from Arsenal's point of view? That doesn't mean the ref was wrong.

ReputationRep:
    1 offside
    Very much debatable. Anyway, remind me how arsenal won the freekick from which they scored?

ReputationRep:
    Only 'cos the north have nothing to brag about. :rolleyes:
    you're forgetting our pits/coal mines....
    and the rolling hills

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)

Eto'o offside.

Eboue dive.

Barcelona 1 - 0 Arsenal.
    I'm not denying that. But you could say that there was a greater link between a goal and etoo being onside than getting a free kick and scoring but thats not important. It's just you seem to ignore the fact that they only scored 1 correct goal

ReputationRep:
    Results aside the lads did us proud tonight, worked their socks off after the nightmare sending off. It's hard enough to contain Barca will eleven players on the field. Fans kept cheering right too the end. It's a shame but the future is bright
    A-men.

ReputationRep:
    Timewasting? What did Barca do when in the lead. British, oh wait... witty. 2 English players, how many do Barca have who are Spanish, 3 I think... muuuuch better. They represent the Premiership, and England.

Henry was funny post-match, and dead right.

I do like some Barca players like Ronaldinho, but some are diving ****s and just didn't get goals from theirs so it's ok is it?

I am happy to see Arsenal even in the final, and know Barca would win more often then not... but would like to have seen it done properly.
    barca actually played football when leading. All i'm saying is it was hard to tell, from their antics, which was the continental side. I don't want Arsenal to represent the league I follow if they behave like they did. Their fans can't take defeat, they claim to be have got a raw deal from the authority (as a Spurs fan I'm over lasagne-gate, get over this now Gooners- the world isn't against you!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    Very much debatable. Anyway, remind me how arsenal won the freekick from which they scored?
    Im not denying that

(Original post by Fafa~)

Eto'o offside.

Eboue dive.

Barcelona 1 - 0 Arsenal.
    But the second only happened because the first did, and the ref was wrong because he should have allowed the goal.

ReputationRep:
    im abit surprised that most ppl are disappointed. im happy with arsenal today, they are the underdogs and gave barca a good game.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not denying that. But you could say that there was a greater link between a goal and etoo being onside than getting a free kick and scoring but thats not important. It's just you seem to ignore the fact that they only scored 1 correct goal
    Fair enough.

The only 'correct goal' in the match was theirs. So they'd have won anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    barca actually played football when leading. All i'm saying is it was hard to tell, from their antics, which was the continental side. I don't want Arsenal to represent the league I follow if they behave like they did. Their fans can't take defeat, they claim to be have got a raw deal from the authority (as a Spurs fan I'm over lasagne-gate, get over this now Gooners- the world isn't against you!!)
    Fans cant take defeat?

The majority can to be fair, we showed great respect for the Barca fans before and after the match

(Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Their fans can't take defeat... as a Spurs fan
    .... yes.

ReputationRep:
    But the second only happened because the first did, and the ref was wrong because he should have allowed the goal.
    I'm pretty sure Barca would've won by a bigger margin had the ref allowed the goal.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.