Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    But the second only happened because the first did, and the ref was wrong because he should have allowed the goal.
    Seriously though. If Arsenal had won, would you still be preaching "giuly's goal should have stood"? I very much doubt it. Seems like very sour grapes to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    Fair enough.

The only 'correct goal' in the match was theirs. So they'd have won anyway.
    Yes they should have one. But that doesnt take away the fact that the referee was awful. Im not blaming him as such for the result but Barca did get the run of decisions

ReputationRep:
    The last thing you'd think of hearing from Arsenal fans is the ref let them down. In actual fact, the ref did you more favours.

There is no complaining whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Some of them, yes. Assuming you mean for Barca.
    Arsenal committed their fair share of fouls, regarding some close to the box particularly. I still think Beckham is the better free kick taker...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    Very much debatable. Anyway, remind me how arsenal won the freekick from which they scored?
    Debatable? I think that everyone agrees that it's offside, but just that it might have been tough for the ref to see it.

(Original post by ba_ba1)
    Seriously though. If Arsenal had won, would you still be preaching "giuly's goal should have stood"? I very much doubt it. Seems like very sour grapes to me.
    I was asked what I'd have preferred when it happened, and I said the goal. I continued to think the ref was wrong when it was 1-0.

I'm happy to lose to the best team in the world fairly, but not like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Yes they should have one. But that doesnt take away the fact that the referee was awful. Im not blaming him as such for the result but Barca did get the run of decisions
    None of which was connected with any of Barca's goals, to determine who won the game.

So, pretty irrelevant in terms of the match outcome.

ReputationRep:
    You know, people are saying that fans can't take defeat or whatever, but I bet if there was any other team in our place, they'd be complaining too.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea as the next real madrid? I'd be up for that. A squad of galacticos who struggle to win major titles...barca are winning things now, real madrid aren't, precisely because of this, barca are a team, real madrid much less so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    The last thing you'd think of hearing from Arsenal fans is the ref let them down. In actual fact, the ref did you more favours.

There is no complaining whatsoever.
    are u a barca fan?

ReputationRep:
    Henry must have decided to stay after his post match comments and would he really want to move to a team that was constantly fouling him throughout the game. The futures bright, the futures red.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    None of which was connected with any of Barca's goals, to determine who won the game.

So, pretty irrelevant in terms of the match outcome.
    Well not directly affect the outcome but could have indirectly. Who knows what we could have done with a few more dead ball situations in their half.

(Original post by Fusion)
    Henry must have decided to stay after his post match comments and would he really want to move to a team that was constantly fouling him throughout the game. The futures bright, the futures red.
    I was thinking (maybe to console myself) that he might be MORE likely to stay having lost. Maybe unfinished business rather than perfect sendoff?

ReputationRep:
    Who's man of the match?!

When're they going to announce it?

On the right, click on 'MatchCentre' then on the right of that click on 'man of the match'

Please vote Eto'o :p:

And arghhh, announce ittt

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL...Report=RP.html

Well not directly affect the outcome but could have indirectly. Who knows what we could have done with a few more dead ball situations in their half.
    Not to mention Henrys comment which was arrogant but fair about a defender playing him on a yellow makes a big difference, allows Henry to get away from them, then more chances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    and were these fouls committed in promising, stratigical positions for arsenal?
    FFS. Forget about the match outcome. This thread was just in general about the referees performance which was very poor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by w8wizz)
    are u a barca fan?
    Eh no. Is that relevant?

Just thought you'd like to know; before the match started, I wanted Arsenal to win. After I saw the cheating they were doing, I was the complete opposite

ReputationRep:
    Just got back - and don't even want to start an opinonated debate. Just gutted. So gutted.

Arsenal more than held their own, and seeing how Barca have won the CL this year against 2 of the best teams in their way against 10 men.
    Lehman could have stayed on the pitch whilst the goal should have been given. That would of made a CL final to remember.

Anyway - onwars and upwards to England - only probably to be disappointed again

ReputationRep:
    Fans cant take defeat?

The majority can to be fair, we showed great respect for the Barca fans before and after the match
    Can't take defeat? most teams show great respect for each other, particular at grand show downs like champs league finals, and both teams hardly have a history plagued with hating each other, reasons to hate each other....

How can one 'take defeat' before a match?!!

(Original post by Fafa~)
    Who's man of the match?!

When're they going to announce it?

On the right, click on 'MatchCentre' then on the right of that click on 'man of the match'

Please vote Eto'o :p:

And arghhh, announce ittt

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL...Report=RP.html
    But he wasn't man of the match, so why would we do that? The man of the match is clear, and wasn't Eto'o.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.