Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I was asked what I'd have preferred when it happened, and I said the goal. I continued to think the ref was wrong when it was 1-0.

I'm happy to lose to the best team in the world fairly, but not like that.
    Well consider yourself lucky coz the ref could have sent off Lehman AND given the goal. Your goal should never have been either.

I dont see what your so bitter about. Decisions went for and agains both teams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    Eh no. Is that relevant?

Just thought you'd like to know; before the match started, I wanted Arsenal to win. After I saw the cheating they were doing, I was the complete opposite
    sure u did:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    Eh no. Is that relevant?

Just thought you'd like to know; before the match started, I wanted Arsenal to win. After I saw the cheating they were doing, I was the complete opposite
    1 instance of cheating where there was clear contact and he was travelling at speed?

NEGLECTING

Ronaldinho diving on more than one occasion and constant cynical fouls?

You say you dont support cheats, and then you support Barcelona. What about Gerrard's dive in the final last year? Grow up

ReputationRep:

I'm happy to lose to the best team in the world fairly, but not like that.
    My username is a dead giveaway.

It feels unfair I know, I felt like you do now on the last day of the season. In a week or 2 you'll be over it- although if I were a Gooner I'd be somewhat embarassed at my teams behaviour.

I don't think Arsenal will have a better chance of getting to the final.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    Well consider yourself lucky coz the ref could have sent off Lehman AND given the goal. Your goal should never have been either.

No, Jens didnt deny the goal scoring opportunity if they played advantage so he wouldnt have been off. It wasnt malious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    Just got back - and don't even want to start an opinonated debate. Just gutted. So gutted.

Arsenal more than held their own, and seeing how Barca have won the CL this year against 2 of the best teams in their way against 10 men.
    Lehman could have stayed on the pitch whilst the goal should have been given. That would of made a CL final to remember.

Anyway - onwars and upwards to England - only probably to be disappointed again
    held their own? they let in 2 goals.

Maybe those teams should think about keeping 11 players on the pitch. Might help.

Lehman could have also been sent off and goal given. Its not the referees job to make a CL final to remember.

I'm bitter we didn't lose properly, it was just a training practise match. The ref had no need to give a red card since there was a goal, was just trigger happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    None of which was connected with any of Barca's goals, to determine who won the game.

So, pretty irrelevant in terms of the match outcome.
    1st goal maybe?

(Original post by Fafa~)
    Who's man of the match?!

When're they going to announce it?

Please vote Eto'o :p:
    Again? WTF?

And last but not least . . .

(Original post by Fafa~)
    You must be completely blinded by the amount of diving Barca did around Arsenal's penalty area :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    FFS. Forget about the match outcome. This thread was just in general about the referees performance which was very poor.
    Look, the performance arguably was bad, but he made mistakes which profitted both sides, on insignificant and significant occasions....it's not half as lob sided as some here argue it to be. Now this for me, is the sour grapes from the heavily biased.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    No, Jens didnt deny the goal scoring opportunity if they played advantage so he wouldnt have been off. It wasnt malious
    He denied Eto'o the clear scoring opportunity and took him out when he was the last man.

ReputationRep:
    A keeper should never be beated at his near post. Particularly by Eto'o... whose fininishing abilities are far from impeccable.

And Just, how on EARTH would you have us vote for Eto'o as man of the match, bar a useful goal... his overall performance was sub-par. Totally average.

Man of the match for me is Freddie Ljundberg, I have not seen him run like tha t for so long... He did himself so much justice... immense heart in that performance despite having the living hell kicked out of him.

As for refereeing... I think they should have had the goal and given Lehmann a yellow. The referees decision was pressured by Puyol, who's somewaht unsportsmanlike conduct is not something I expect from a captain of Barcelona...
    Other than that, I counted 3 Barcelona yellows that never got handed out, a bad decision admittedly on the dive by Eboue, but Barcelona had three similar dives... two by Ronaldinho... who in my estimations has gone down considerably after that poor showing.

So in reality, Arsenal lost out from the reffing a bit more than Barca did... but I suppose its the fourth official too.

I think Almunia did alright, but the first goal on closer inspection WAS offside, not amazingly, but still...

And the second goal was a bit unfortunate, speaking as an Arsenal fan... a complete bobble of a goal.

We'll do it next year... just hope Henry stays.

ReputationRep:
    held their own? they let in 2 goals.

Maybe those teams should think about keeping 11 players on the pitch. Might help.

Lehman could have also been sent off and goal given. Its not the referees job to make a CL final to remember.
    Walshie's post was very fair and not provocating in any sense

It took 76 mins for Barca to break us done scoring via a offside goal, whilst we actually had by far the better chances. IMO that is far more than just holding your own

ReputationRep:
    1st goal maybe?

Again? WTF?

And last but not least . . .

You must be completely blinded by the amount of diving Barca did around Arsenal's penalty area :rolleyes:
    Is there something wrong with you?

Barca did dive. Had one of their dives led up to one of their goals it'd be a different story, RIGHT?

WTF.

ReputationRep:
    Champs League Ur Havin A Laugh!.... Bye Bye Henry Bye Bye Henry

ReputationRep:
    He denied Eto'o the clear scoring opportunity and took him out when he was the last man.
    Denied Etoo but not Barcelona, red or goal, not both

ReputationRep:
    rumoured to be a swap for Del Horno but Chelsea are refusing to comment on it

it may be chelsea will wait if Carlos isnt offered a new conract as the current deal only has one year left. However i doubt Chelsea will want to sign a player nearing the end of his career despite troubles at left back considering Gallas looks like a goner soon and Del Horno/Bridge arent exactly first choice

ReputationRep:
    almunia was not good at all when it came to the 2 goals, beaten twice on his near post. they still need a new keeper.

ReputationRep:
    I'm bitter we didn't lose properly, it was just a training practise match. The ref had no need to give a red card since there was a goal, was just trigger happy.
    Well Lehmans challenge was pretty cynical. The ref had every right to send Lehman off.

ReputationRep:
    Barca were getting so many free kicks, some of them very debateable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    A keeper should never be beated at his near post. Particularly by Eto'o... whose fininishing abilities are far from impeccable.

And Just, how on EARTH would you have us vote for Eto'o as man of the match, bar a useful goal... his overall performance was sub-par. Totally average.

Man of the match for me is Freddie Ljundberg, I have not seen him run like tha t for so long... He did himself so much justice... immense heart in that performance despite having the living hell kicked out of him.

As for refereeing... I think they should have had the goal and given Lehmann a yellow. The referees decision was pressured by Puyol, who's somewaht unsportsmanlike conduct is not something I expect from a captain of Barcelona...
    Other than that, I counted 3 Barcelona yellows that never got handed out, a bad decision admittedly on the dive by Eboue, but Barcelona had three similar dives... two by Ronaldinho... who in my estimations has gone down considerably after that poor showing.

So in reality, Arsenal lost out from the reffing a bit more than Barca did... but I suppose its the fourth official too.

I think Almunia did alright, but the first goal on closer inspection WAS offside, not amazingly, but still...

And the second goal was a bit unfortunate, speaking as an Arsenal fan... a complete bobble of a goal.

We'll do it next year... just hope Henry stays.
    Agree, thought Freddie worked his socks off

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.