Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Pretty disrespectful to the Hammers for a start. Secondly, Pretty pathetic that a team like man united, with all their riches, came bottom of their champions league group..
    I agree, it was pathetic of man united to come, err, was it second bottom or bottom? Well whichever it was, simply unacceptable, now where have i said otherwise?

it wasn't intended as disrespectful to west ham, ive supported west ham as a second team for quite some time now, watched them on several occasions... since the days of potts, miklosko, porfirio et al, so i have no desire to be disrespectful. I just think teams like chelsea, arsenal, man utd, liverpool, take their riches for granted sometimes...frankly, with their money, resources, squad depths, rotation systems, they should be disposing of west ham and not being stretched to 'winning' on a the farce that is the penalty shoot out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    We reached the CL final which is a whole lot better than Man U. We were very lucky agianst Man U in the F A Cup final.

Well done on your achievement, I thought you guys played some decent football despite being a man down and could have easily won it if Henry had converted one of those chances.

Shame you couldn't win the whole thing though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithun)
    Shame you couldn't win the whole thing though.
    Couldn't agree with you more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CalderstonesLFC)
    You came bottom of your Group in the champions league, we came top. What does that say?
    And what trophy is there for that? Considering you were dumped out a round later anyway?

(Original post by CalderstonesLFC)
    You ever won the european cup 5 times or the League 18? No, so shut up you loser.
    Oh lol, I love this one, inferior Liverpool fan has to brag about his trophy cabinet which asks a question whether or not he really feels Liverpool are the biggest club in England and is worried that other teams may overcome parts of their trophy haul (say the league, by Man Utd Arsenal or day I say Chelsea by the way they're going).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    Eboue did some good runs going forward and also some good tackles but the many times him and Eto'o came together near the edge of the penalty and corner flag, he came up on top. He was the most dangerous Barca player throughout the 90 minutes.
    His runs scared Barca!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    All you talk about is Premiership titles coz you've won a few..

So, your season is a good one because you finished a point above us?

The difference between the FA Cup and the LC is more than a point

P.S, how did you do in the Champions League compared to us? Hey hey.

Where does history put you compared to us?

Where does present time put you, compared to us?

What have you acheived this season, and what have we?

Will the league cup be the one and only thing Shrek acheives with Manure?
    wel see next season yeh wel see wen we take u out anyway. i doubt thats the only thing rooney does achieve, u keep goin on bout the past, how long ago was it wen liverpool came above man utd in the league, quite some time now isnt it

ReputationRep:
    Is it me, or do Manure think they're a bigger club than they actually are?

I mean, they think they can attract the big players, but they don't.

I really don't see any big names coming.

I was listening to Mancs the other day saying how they think Shevchenko is coming to Manure in a swop deal with Ruud.

Now why on Earth would he want to do that?

Now, name all the big named players that have rejected Manure.

I'll start off with a few;

Marcelo Salas
    Ronaldo
    Ronaldinho
    Michael Ballack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blazing_bandicoot)
    wel see next season yeh wel see wen we take u out anyway. i doubt thats the only thing rooney does achieve, u keep goin on bout the past, how long ago was it wen liverpool came above man utd in the league, quite some time now isnt it
    Blah blah blah whatever.

Manure = going down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpshooter)
    And what trophy is there for that? Considering you were dumped out a round later anyway?

Oh lol, I love this one, inferior Liverpool fan has to brag about his trophy cabinet which asks a question whether or not he really feels Liverpool are the biggest club in England and is worried that other teams may overcome parts of their trophy haul (say the league, by Man Utd Arsenal or day I say Chelsea by the way they're going).
    Quite frankly, liverpools defence of the champs league was incredibly lame. A very poor, lame exit, so any liverpool fans taking the piss out of man uniteds exit, you stink of hypocrisy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fernando)
    rumoured to be a swap for Del Horno but Chelsea are refusing to comment on it
    If that is true Kenyon is one of the biggest fools in football. Del Horno looks like a very promising player with bags of potential whereas Carlos is past it and is only coming to London to increase his bank balance in the final stage of his career.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    Blah blah blah whatever.

Manure = going down.

crappy liverpool must certainly b goin further down if we are. go get urself a reality check loser

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    Is it me, or do Manure think they're a bigger club than they actually are?

I mean, they think they can attract the big players, but they don't.

I really don't see any big names coming.

I was listening to Mancs the other day saying how they think Shevchenko is coming to Manure in a swop deal with Ruud.

Now why on Earth would he want to do that?

Now, name all the big named players that have rejected Manure.

I'll start off with a few;

Marcelo Salas
    Ronaldo
    Ronaldinho
    Michael Ballack
    dont see no big name players come to liverpool. at least these players hav mentioned about UTD neva u scousers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpshooter)
    Naughty naughty for not sensing the irony in that post. Look who i was quoting please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithun)
    Thanks for the suggestion but I think I know my history quite well.
    You do? So you are aware that is was poor policing when deciding to open all the gates, to one pen and then leave the enclosing pens closed?
    Or that liverpool fans were taunted, attacked by fireworks flares and rocks?
    Takes two to tango..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by w8wizz)
    its probably something stupid
    No, Sven has definitely done something stupid. Lots of things in fact Ulrika Jonsson for a start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blazing_bandicoot)
    2001-2002 thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    Blah blah blah whatever.

Manure = going down.
    Lol a lot of people have not given credit that Man Utd have improved in the league, finishing 2nd after two consecutive 3rds isn't what I call necessarily going down

We may not be as successful as we used to be, but we're not out of it completely. Like Liverpool were after Souey took them over after winning their 18th league title, what finishing 6th?? Mid table mediocraty??

We're not there yet, and if this is how "bad" it gets after winning a trophy and coming 2nd then that aint too bad IMO. Certainly not like Liverpool's standards in the mid-90's lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)

Ronaldo
    I didn't even know we wanted to sign him? Do you happen to know his agent or something?

(Original post by Fafa~)
    Ronaldinho
    Well this is one player I would love to have in the team but brazilians always fancy Spain over England. Ronaldinho would have never joined us, he was messing with us just to bring Barca in.

(Original post by Fafa~)
    Michael Ballack
    Money talks, we don't have the finances to compete with chelsea, I just read that he is paid 200,000 pounds a week before tax at chelsea. I would rather have a couple of younger players who are desperate for success than spend so much on him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Quite frankly, liverpools defence of the champs league was incredibly lame. A very poor, lame exit, so any liverpool fans taking the piss out of man uniteds exit, you stink of hypocrisy
    Yes, our defence was 'incredibly lame'. We had ample chances to finish off benfica in the second leg, but were in a bit of a rut.
    On the other hand, your challenge to the champions league was even worse.

ReputationRep:
    Now, even as a Liverpool fan I'd agree that Shrek (Wayne Rooney) is a 'good' player.

But since his arrival at Manure a few seasons ago, the only thing he's won is the League Cup and his future doesn't look promising at all.

I know alot of you would agree that Manure probably won't win anything next season, it'd be all Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Even as a Liverpool fan, I feel sorry for his future prospects. I feel the only place he can perform is the World Cup.

Kinda reminds me of Alan Shearer and Matt Le Tissier. But I think that's love for their clubs.

I think if he stayed at Everton he'd have more chance of winning something.

No disrespect to them but, even Anthony Le Tallec, Djimi Traore and Pongolle have Champions League winners' medals, and better prospects and they hardly even played.

Poor Shrek. Poor poor Shrek.

What's the next thing you think Manure will win, and do you think it'd be anything within the next 5 years, or even a decade? :confused:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.