The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Fafa~
Even with Keane, I'd say we have the better midfield.

It's all about the midfield in those games, and we killed it.

Anyways, enough excuses. :smile:

Keane is immense, as is Scholes. Take Gerrard and Alonso and replace them with players a third of their quality and you'd notice a difference, too!
Reply 4221
Unlucky Arsenal, tough to lose like that.

Well done Barca.
calderstonesLFC
Yes, 9 behind Chelsea.
Surely that is obvious that the race for second went down to the last day?
Anyway, the last 9 are harder of course but all it needed was for us to turn those draws at charlton and Boro, and defeats at Fulham and Charlton into wins and thats an extra 10 points.

I know it did, i'm tired and making some errors but my main argument here is that this last climb for you, a 9 point gap between yourselves, pretty much ourselves too, is a big gap, especially when its chelsea with their immense strength in depth of quality.
Refused
Ask Spurs what? We have the youngest team with the most homegrown players. Just because the tabloid and player's agents links big players with the club doesn't mean they're chasing them.

I seem to remember at least one..Spurs manager chasing rivaldo. Im sure if i think hard enough ill find more.
Mithun
Because you have started more threads in the last few minutes about us than about pool.

Now where do I collect the money from? Please don't make me come near anfield though because I know that by the time I leave that area the money would be gone.
What the hell? How stupid.

If a discussion is about Manure, it's about Manure not Liverpool.

So wait, next time you have a discussion about us with your mates, text me so I can say 'you've talked about us more than you've talked about yourselves in the last 5 minutes, this means you love us'.

:rolleyes:

Arsenal.

OMGGG I said the word Arsenal! This must mean I love them :eek:
white_haired_wizard
So banishing this 9 point gap will be as easy as the other gap you banished this season? It works just like that then? :wink:

See above post.
dan
Cool, well, shame you didn't get him - he's awesome.

:frown: Bloody Gerard, if he was french we would of tabled a 20 million bid for him.
calderstonesLFC
Liverpool, the hub cap stealing captial of the world with a lower crime rate than Manchester..Sometime to be proud of. :biggrin:

Yes Moss Side - that's the blue half of the city, consult the city fans on this forum...it's their doing :smile:
dan
Keane is immense, as is Scholes. Take Gerrard and Alonso and replace them with players a third of their quality and you'd notice a difference, too!
I think I need sleep. I'm reading wrong.. I must be.

Keane & Scholes better than Gerrard and Alonso?

Yes, I need sleep.
Good Job boys.. They played well, Should of won.. But Eto'o was on his game. Eboue was really good tonight :smile: Mm and Henry... Anyway I didnt think Ronaldhino was that good, or is that just me?
Economist
You scousers are really quite funny. Happy enough to give it out but unable to take it

We are more than happy to, i quite enjoy these arguments.
calderstonesLFC
Yes, 9 behind Chelsea.
Surely that is obvious that the race for second went down to the last day?
Anyway, the last 9 are harder of course but all it needed was for us to turn those draws at charlton and Boro, and defeats at Fulham and Charlton into wins and thats an extra 10 points.

if memory serves me right, chelsea lost their last two league games....so this gap of 9 points, interpret it as you like...i really think the 'real' gap isn't reflected by a 9 points gap, chelsea faltered at the end because they could afford to, if they'd gone full throttle, they'd have got a higher points tally come 38 games conclusion. I think the points gap between man united/liverpool and chelsea will remain similar to this gap of 9 points, maybe even more next season...that's not the inner pessimist/cynic, just a realist appreciating the reality of abroms chelski.
No fighting kids -
Reply 4233
calderstonesLFC
:frown: Bloody Gerard, if he was french we would of tabled a 20 million bid for him.

He only went for £8m I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong on that). More likely that the board didn't want to sanction anymore money
Im not sure who thinks they are bigger out of Man u or Liverpool tbh
Economist
Im not sure who thinks they are bigger out of Man u or Liverpool tbh

Overall History - Liverpool
Financial Power - Man Utd
Fan Base - Man Utd
Recent History - Man Utd

My opinion - Man Utd
Reply 4236
calderstonesLFC

Talk to my scouse friends..I fail to see the connection with heysel and hillsborough to chelsea..Do enlighten me.

Hillsborough is a tragic disaster and I don't want to talk about it. I know how I would feel if an opposition fans makes jokes about Munich.

Heysel on the other hand, according to most of the scousers I know were due to Chelsea's fault.
kpg
He only went for £8m I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong on that). More likely that the board didn't want to sanction anymore money

It was more a dig at Gerards over spending on french players to be fair :smile:
Reply 4238
calderstonesLFC
I seem to remember at least one..Spurs manager chasing rivaldo. Im sure if i think hard enough ill find more.

Glenn Hoddle. We've had 2 managers since. I'm sure you won't be hearing such crap as those in the future, look at the players we've bought and been linked to in the last 2 seasons.

At the moment it's more Liverpool rather than Spurs being linked with big players i.e Gudjohnson, SWP and Pennant.
Reply 4239
There's so much hate on here tonight!:confused: I don't get it really, wasn't it Barca v Arsenal tonight, not ManU Liverpool?
How do you measure who's a bigger club anyway?

Latest