Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    Since his return.. Fowlers' scoring record is a goal every 110 minutes.

That's almost a goal a game.

Not bad at all

WHAT WAS THAT?! The best I hear?!

Add on too that 2 wrongly ruled offside goals and..

ReputationRep:
    Yes the level of refereeing was quite poor in the match, it has been becoming worse and worse over the years.

ReputationRep:
    Since this season is over for all our clubs, and the WC is coming up..

How have your teams performed? What have they achieved and are you happy?

Liverpool - FA Cup winners, Super Cup winners, WCC finalists and a massive improvement in the league

Chelsea - Premier League Champions, FA Cup semi-finalists

Arsenal - Champions league runners up, 4th in the league

Middlesboro - UEFA Cup finalists

West Ham - FA Cup runners up, great season back in the league

I think that's about everything, though I would like to congratulate Wigan on their impressive first season in the top flight and Spurs' have done very well too.

I'm very happy at how we've done, we've improved a hell of alot in the league, but could've done better in the CL.

Bring on Mark Gonzalez & co., next season looks very very promising.

ReputationRep:
    A bicycle kick [goal] in his first game back, ha, love him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithun)
    You've never heard a scouser blaming the chelsea fans for Heysel?
    This needs to go in my sig, and in the Greatest quotes of all time

Don't think we'll hear from this dude ever again though.

ReputationRep:
    Another one!?!?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya! :suith:

Ok..

Just thought i'd let you know that I shall be taking over Cindy's duties of looking after the Sports forum - keeping everything in place and making sure everything is running smoothly.

I'm not a Moderator as such, but I now have access to tools which will enable me to open/close threads, merge/sticky threads and make edits to any posts in this forum.

If you want to request a thread to be stickied then just drop me a pm and i'll see what I can do - Similarly if you need/want the title of your thread changed just let me know and i'll get to this for you as well. Oh, pm me if you've got any problems about whatever, anyway - I like to at least seem like I have some friends..

Anyway, cheers

Dan :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Not once in my lifetime.
    Well, thats what I was told by my mates who are season ticket holders at pool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    This needs to go in my sig, and in the Greatest quotes of all time

Don't think we'll hear from this dude ever again though.
    Hello

I am still waiting for the 50 quid you promised me.

ReputationRep:
    A whole post without a Dig at Mancs? You must be tired mate ;D
    On the liverpool note, its been a great season. Really going to be gutted about the season ending by around friday lol.
    Positives from the season
    • Cut down the 34 point gap, to a very reasonable 9 points.
    • Secured a champions league place, aslong as we avoid any tricky ties in up and coming qualifiers.
    • Rafa learnt his lesson and brought home the 7th FA Cup
    • Finnaly solved the inconsistent performances in the league, especially away from home.
    • Some tremendous Signings for the future in Momo Sissoko and Pepe Reina
    • The youth system is working wonders after securing the Youth cup
    • Peter crouch proving a massive hit with the club, and sticking two fingers up to the london media
    • Return of Fowler the Prodigy
    • All having a laugh at Owen finishing another season trophyless.
    • Knocking out Chelsea and Man united
    • Finishing top of our group in the Champions league, above chelsea
    • Secured a tremendous signing in Mark Gonzalez who kept real Socieaded(SP?) out of relegation with 5 crucial goals
    • Finnaly sorting out the CB position with palleta and Agger

Negatives..
    • A very very poor defence of the european title, after picking up the easiest draw in the knockouts.
    • Another dismal defeat in the cup when going out to palace
    • The goal scoring drought during febuary time.
    • Not picking a single point of chelsea, only 1 of man united and 3 of Arsenal
    • Nando confirming that he isnt good enough
    • Zendens injury just as he hit form
    • Getting hammered 4-1 by chelsea
    • Not hitting the ground running really made us pay. To many draws in the first month
    • 'Heavy' defeats to Fulham and Charlton cost us 2nd.
    • Not capitalising on our status as Champions of Europe by signing world class players
    • Getting screwed over repeatedly by clubs wanting over the odds for their average right mids.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe

ReputationRep:
    I think this is a very good appointment.

I wish you all the best in your new position - I'm sure you will fit in nicely :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well, thats what I was told by my mates who are season ticket holders at pool.
    Okay, your obviously a WUM

ReputationRep:
    I think the dig at the mancs came when he left them out completely

ReputationRep:
    Everton - God damn awful.

Oi Fifi, how many threads do you want to make? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I was disappointed with Arsenal at the start of the season, but they have shown character. That team has a hell of a lot of potential... more than Chelsea's wallet can buy, I feel. I hope to see Theo Walcott in the WC as a prospect for next season, and I hope Henry will stay.

I would LIKE to see:
    -Buy a new keeper, as Lehmann won't last for too long... and he isn't the BEST keeper, has dodgy moments here and there...
    -If Henry goes, get a solid guy right in there... we can't afford to dilly dally... Im thinking Torres, or Schev.
    -The superb youngsters: Toure, Eboue, Hleb and Fabregas, continue to show their enormous potential for the team... and once again, Walcott to join them in showcasing Arsenals ability to build great talent, and great defenses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    Rio Ferdinand by the way.. £30 million?

Haha.
    So? English Players don't come cheap and if you look at the likes of SWP,Rooney and Rio you would see that.

Anyway we earn the money so we spend it, what's bothering you? How much again did you lot spend on the likes of Cisse ?

ReputationRep:
    So? English Players don't come cheap and if you look at the likes of SWP,Rooney and Rio you would see that.

Anyway we earn the money so we spend it, what's bothering you? How much again did you lot spend on the likes of Cisse ?
    Cisse still has a excellent scoring ratio, considering he spends half his time on the wing.

ReputationRep:
    Fowler is pretty awesome...

Depends what you mean by recent history...

Last 2 years, Chelsea... last 5 Arsenal/Man U... last 10... Man U maybe?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't have thought carlos is the kind of player mourinho or chelsea would want, doesn't fit in with the rest of the signings or the squad in general. I don't beleive that will happen, think its a load of rubbish to be honest.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.