Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    They didn't have an excellent game at all. They were good in the fist half-I'm suprised Henry's two shots didn't go in. But in the second half they lost it.
    "EXCELLENT" means bloody good and consistantly, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    I think Ljunberg played really well too. But normally a player from the winning side gets it, though sometimes on rare occasions it's the other way.
    Ah! I see! Thanks for that info, I thought it was thrown open to either side really.. You learn something new everyday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazydays)
    They didn't have an excellent game at all. They were good in the fist half-I'm suprised Henry's two shots didn't go in. But in the second half they lost it.
    "EXCELLENT" means bloody good and consistantly, in my opinion.
    Fair enough..

..but containing Barca for 77 mins to me, is a VERY good performance ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimexi)
    Yes, agreed... But when else?, 'cos you say cheating like all the players did was dive.. you fail to acknowledge the fact that Henry got an unfair yellow card and the referee decided NOT to see some of the Catalan side's tackles.. I mean, I'm not one for moaning and I'm proud to be a Gunner nontheless and they played an EXCELLENT game IMO..
    Barca players were diving too, notibly in the second half.. Deco was really bad :rolleyes:

But I was actually angry at Lehmann for doing that, at first I thought argh that's really sad for him.. Champions League final, only 20 minutes gone and he's sent off, but then I saw the replay and thought WTF! He was literally holding onto Eto'o's foot as if he was holding onto his life!?

That's simply not acceptable and I call that cheating too. If he got away with it, you'd've heard it more than just from me.

A few other players were diving, the main man for all this for me was Eboue, I was really pissed off with him, I always thought he was a 'genuine' player, but I obviously hadn't watch him enough up until last night.

The main reason why I wanted Barca to win after I saw what I saw was that they have beautiful players like Ronaldinho and Eto'o etc.. And they'd lose the biggest prize in club football because a few mindless idiots were cheating?! No wayy. If Arsenal won that match I'd've gone bezerk.

Those were the main two incidents; the Lehmann 'grab' and Eboue dive that summed up the evening for me about Arsenal. Whatever Barca did later did not matter.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough..

..but containing Barca for 77 mins to me, is a VERY good performance ...
    It is very good. Though the Barcelona players weren't exactly playing their best. But yeah, apart from the rubbish, Arsenal kept going and played well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithun)
    Finding it funny eh? A bit like all those threads you created and then disappeared when couldn't find an answer to a question asked?
    Sorry, I was sleepy so I went to bed, at like 1.30 in the morning? :confused: ^o)

What was the question? I'll be more than happy to take a look at it.

On the other hand.. My sig

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    Barca players were diving too, notibly in the second half.. Deco was really bad :rolleyes:

But I was actually angry at Lehmann for doing that, at first I thought argh that's really sad for him.. Champions League final, only 20 minutes gone and he's sent off, but then I saw the replay and thought WTF! He was literally holding onto Eto'o's foot as if he was holding onto his life!?

That's simply not acceptable and I call that cheating too. If he got away with it, you'd've heard it more than just from me.

A few other players were diving, the main man for all this for me was Eboue, I was really pissed off with him, I always thought he was a 'genuine' player, but I obviously hadn't watch him enough up until last night.

The main reason why I wanted Barca to win after I saw what I saw was that they have beautiful players like Ronaldinho and Eto'o etc.. And they'd lose the biggest prize in club football because a few mindless idiots were cheating?! No wayy. If Arsenal won that match I'd've gone bezerk.

Those were the main two incidents; the Lehmann 'grab' and Eboue dive that summed up the evening for me about Arsenal. Whatever Barca did later did not matter.
    Well that's your opinion I guess...
    I have always said (don't know if I have said it here) that Ebuoe was one player who went down too easily and hence I wasn't suprised by his theatrics tbh..
    As for Lehmann, well he DID deserve to be sent off, that or the ref should have played the advantage and booked him a yellow, or booked him and given a penalty, worst occurence would have been letting the goal stand and then sending lehmann off as well..
    I guess it was the rush of the moment, I'm not making excuses for him but you have to realise it's a bit different when you are right there and you see all that unfolding in front of your face; he must have thought: "O ****! This guy is going to stuff me!!!" and he did that as a spur of the moment..

I know what you mean but I still am happy at the way Arsenal played, I have seen worse and if they won yesterday, Yes I would have been happy no matter how dubious the goal was, because that's the way it is. Maybe not winning with honour but a win nonetheless..

Ronaldinho and Eto'o were SOOO hyped up about before the match and they didn't impress me!!, I saw nothing and I believe they were contained by the Arsenal defence!, it was the change in tactics (to attack on the sides) make by their coach that made the difference...

I will say again, Yes, there were 2 clear incidents of cheating, 1 went off punished and the other didnt.. The spaniards kept on hacking nasty tackles but no sort of punishment went their way, even stevens I call it..

Still a Gunner and they have done me proud

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    It is very good. Though the Barcelona players weren't exactly playing their best. But yeah, apart from the rubbish, Arsenal kept going and played well.
    Yeah, someone else also suggested to me that they didn't play to their best. hmmm! I don't know really, I'm not a great follower of spanish football but I've seen them play a wonderful game once or twice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    Sorry, I was sleepy so I went to bed, at like 1.30 in the morning? :confused: ^o)

What was the question? I'll be more than happy to take a look at it.

On the other hand.. My sig
    Look at the other thread.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there is any doubt that Arsenal played well, when they did play What the ref did was correct, but giving Lehmann a yellow and letting the goal stand is hopeful really..

I'd say Eto'o did play well, got his crosses in etc, Ronaldinho played well too with his little tricks, but the end product for most of the match wasn't good at all.

Arsenal should be proud in what they've achieved last night by being runners-up and even I'll admit that. If Henry stays, you never know what'd happen next season

Still my second best team in England :p: but that craps gotta stop!

ReputationRep:
    Which other thread? ^o) There's quite a few. You can sort me out with a link if you like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    I don't think there is any doubt that Arsenal played well, when they did play What the ref did was correct, but giving Lehmann a yellow and letting the goal stand is hopeful really..

I'd say Eto'o did play well, got his crosses in etc, Ronaldinho played well too with his little tricks, but the end product for most of the match wasn't good at all.

Arsenal should be proud in what they've achieved last night by being runners-up and even I'll admit that. If Henry stays, you never know what'd happen next season

Still my second best team in England :p: but that craps gotta stop!
    ah!!! :p: Fair enough...

They are my number 1 team

I think there is nothing to cry about really. We came, We played and got conquered! C'est la vie

ReputationRep:
    That and what's the point of supporting a "home team" when they have a distinct lack of English players? lol
    None of England's CL sides do.
    Arsenal started with Cole and Campbell (and didnt bring on any English subs).
    Liverpool started with Carragher and Gerrard (and didn't bring on any Egnlish subs).
    Even 7 years ago, Man Utd fielded 4 English players: G. Neville, D. Beckham, Nicky Butt and Andy Cole. This is barely more than a third of players who are English. Not very English. :rolleyes: And they'd never be able to do that now.

I dont suppose you would ever support an English team in the CL. There is nothing wrong with this but your reasoning is terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mancred)
    Are you crying
    are you crying
    are you crying this evening
    are you crying this evening

Arsenal have never been as successful as united, at least with scousers they can turn around and say 18 and 5 times, even though i hate it its true, you havent come close to touching our success, and tonight leaves you in the same position, you lost, you havent won the CL, and even when i secretely respected liverpools win last year, the pleasure i have taken from seeing arsenal (english side my arse all french) crash out is brilliant.
    yeah, you won the league 15 times. We have won 13 times. so yes we are close don't say we are not close.. As for you winning the CL, for all we know that might be a 1 - off..

IMO, there is nothing to cry about! we got to the final after all which is more than we can say for you

ReputationRep:
    yeah, you won the league 15 times. We have won 13 times. so yes we are close don't say we are not close.. As for you winning the CL, for all we know that might be a 1 - off..

IMO, there is nothing to cry about! we got to the final after all which is more than we can say for you
    We still won it whereas you guys ended up on the loosing side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    Which other thread? ^o) There's quite a few. You can sort me out with a link if you like
    How do you know that we wanted to sign Ronaldo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithun)
    We still won it whereas you guys ended up on the loosing side.
    fair-dos..

Apart from the fact that you got exited at the group stage this year..

Meh! these arguements and jeers are pointless really because I see nothing to cry about! Ok, yes, we didn't win it, but we put on a good show most of the time and we live to fight another day

ReputationRep:
    I thought these would suit this thread.

eh!! we have actually won a double for the IDIOT that posted that..

Man-u have only achieved the treble once! so it's not as if it's consistent anyway :s:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sick of the whole "english - side" arguement :rolleyes:, I was just going to ignore that, but well said PD!!!

:rolleyes:, there are SO MUCH english players to go around you know :rolleyes:, you wouldn't be complaining if a NON-English player was the top scorer in your club!! Damn hypocrits!!!..

They forget Arsenal in their 120 years have fielded NUMEROUS english players and only in the last 10 years has been when we fielded the most non-english men. Arsene Wenger is the first Non-UK (I include Ireland and scotland) man to coach Arsenal and in his time (10 years) he has had the highest success..

No English manager has lifted the premiership title and the top 4 clubs are run by non-englishmen.. so yeah!! Go you!! :rolleyes:
    P - The Post is for lazydays of course.

ReputationRep:
    We finished above spurs, and it was our worst season in perhaps a decade.. Well, Not more needs to be said

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.