Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Interesting how you decide to use Arsenal as a benchmark for your season..
    Surely you should use chelsea.
    Lol, I suppose their season has become a "good one" because they've "done better than" Arsenal.

What's better, being Champions League runners up or winning the league cup? Hmm.. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mancred)
    United: One trophy (more than arsenal), 2nd in the league ( 2 positions and 13 points above arsenal). Cheap digs at united fafa, your location is 'somewhere', i'd love to know where.
    Cheap digs? What the hell, I didn't even mention Yanited :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    Most popular and most supporters are two completely different things altogether. You're actually the second most unpopular team in the country.
    Fair point,

one thing: I hate Manchester Utd you state "You're". Please, I do not ever want to be associated with that (in the words of malcolm glazer) FRANCHISE.

btw who would you say is the most hated?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    1 Manchester United 4,209,000
    How many of them are from manchester?
    by the same token:

Liverpool population 444,500 yet 3,700,000 Everton and liverpool supporters.
    Glasgow pop. 629K yet 2,800,000 rangers and celtic supporters

Most of the big clubs reach out beyond their immediate area if they are popular. Unlike the foxes, dont think many ppl from outside leicestershire support them (why would they, we're shyte and have always been shyte - relitively speaking).

ReputationRep:
    Simple answer is yes, along with everyone else who does it. Whether this is practical I don't know. But there's only one way to find out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    Since this season is over for all our clubs, and the WC is coming up...

Apart from those still in the playoffs, of which some still have until the 28th May.

Typical, prem centred mindset.

ReputationRep:
    at the moment probably chelsea......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nkgs100)

btw who would you say is the most hated?
    At the momment, Chelski.

ReputationRep:
    Apart from those still in the playoffs, of which some still have until the 28th May.

Typical, prem centred mindset.
    Yes well, I don't really follow any other league as much as I follow the Prem

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea is more envy more than anything else.

they have done nothing really 2 championship and league cup, poor return for all that investment.

In my view Man utd most hated in UK, becasue they had so much dominance for so long, plus the amount of 92min winners they had for many a year.

Chelsea, they dont annoy me (apart from the fact that its in London), but manutd do really get on me.

Its like liverpool, theyre preconcieved thoughts that they are the best fans in the world and everyone loves us and that we should win everything cus we always have. I hate them too.

Boro, they annoy me. Their fans dont deserve a uefa cup finalist team. how many prem grounds can you go to other than boro where its only hal full.

Rangers Celtic, becasue of their masses of sectarianism support that the club does nothing to quash.

So for me these guys would go above chelsea anyday

ReputationRep:
    I think it could have been quite amusing to see the newspaper headlines had Arsenal won...

The Telegraph - "Victory For The Gunners"

The Sun - "Arsenal Go Down In Paris! - And Win a Dodgy Free Kick That Wins Them The European Cup..."

The Daily Sport - "Jens and Eboue in Threesome Sex Romp"

ReputationRep:
    I heard it was Ljungberg and Campbell...

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea is more envy more than anything else.
    I dont envy them that much. Okay, so i wish i had 2 premership titles in our cabinet. But i really do hate them.
    Forget the 10 games in 2 years and all that, thats not it. I hate them because they are a team of:
    • No morals, they think there money gives them immunity to the rules of football. Tapping up players left right and centre.
    • Ruining Future England internationals such as Bridge,Johnson and SWPs career by keeping them on the bench after forking out loads.
    • The constant cheating, diving and imaginary card waving by their players
    • A manager who is so arragant its unbelieveably. The special one? *******s.

ReputationRep:
    Thats known as slander.... got me banned from one messageboard last night already

ReputationRep:
    United, in no particular order as they come to me, both positives and negatives:
    OK we finished second, but we still got a good points tally, the opposition have raised their game considerably from the a couple of seasons, which we haven't really done yet.

Won the CC, and yet again our youth/reserves have shown what they're capable of with a treble to add to the quadruple they won last year. Hopefully next year we'll see more of them getting games (especially Rossi)

Rio Ferdinand finally scoring his forst few goals for United (and what a game/time to do it)

Georgie Best passing away, and the emotions felt at the games around that time.

Keano leaving

Going out as early, and the manner as we did in the CL

Going out to them in the FAC

Long term/nasty injuries to some key players: Gabby, Smudger, Roon

Seeing Solskjaer back in action

ReputationRep:
    lol you started it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    but Ronaldinho didnt dive:confused:
    I'm quite sure he did actually.

I don't think they should be punished retrospectively though. If the referee noticed it there and then, very well, he should have been sent off. But he got lucky and escaped the card (as do many other players in every other game), and should be allowed to continue, perhaps with a stern warning at the most.

ReputationRep:
    if teams were getting punished for diving in last nights match then the majority would have. Eboue dived and so did others from the arsenal and Barca sides.

ReputationRep:
    Spurs - 5th - 65pts

Overall: Very proud, our best league finish in the Premiership since it started and we secured a uefa cup place. It could have been even better if we had concentrated a bit more earlier in the season and not conceided many late goals. 4th spot would've been excellent.

Highlight:
    *Perfomences away at Man u and both games against Arsenal.
    *Our comeback away at Charlton, 0-2 down to win 3-2.
    *Five Spurs players on the pitch for England.
    *Being 4th for six months

Lowpoints:
    *Crashing out of both cups in our first rounds but that may had helped us concentrate on our league form.
    *Losing our final game at West Ham.

Players of the season:
    *Aaron Lennon
    *Robbie Keane
    *Paul Robinson

Goal of the Season
    *Jenas superb free-kick against Man u at Old Trafford

Optimism for next season
    *Signing Berbatov
    *European football

ReputationRep:
    Man Citys season ended as a complete shambles.

Positives- hmmm, getting to quarter finals of FA cup#
    -Going to the FA youth cup even though the youngsters got beat, a great performance.

Negatives - finishing 15th
    - Knocked out of league cup by Doncaster Rovers
    - Cole getting injured
    - Mills and thatcher still at the club
    - Losing 9 out of 10 league games.

Lets hope next seasons better.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.