Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    I'm not envious, I just don't like them because they have the worst attitude as a collective in football. There is being a sore loser, there is being a bad loser, and then there is Chelsea. Every defeat is welcomed with allegations of cheating teams, bent or crap refs, odds stacked against them, as if they could never possibly lose if it were a metaphorical level playing field.

ReputationRep:
    There you go, the ref said that had he regretted giving a red card to lehmann and had he not acted so quickly, he would have given the goal and given Lehmann a yellow card. So now we know that Lehmann shouldn't have got sent off, making it a much better game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/4993994.stm

ReputationRep:
    calderstonesLFC, that number represents 95% of the glory hunting part timing brigade, match going united fans dont even acknowledge their fanbase.

ReputationRep:
    i think sven shud play this year- i think he will hav a gud kik in him

ReputationRep:
    Who do all the people of birmingham and the midlands in general support then?

ReputationRep:
    wht happened to cindy then>?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FK333)
    wht happened to cindy then>?
    She posted a thread some time ago saying that she's too busy and wanted to step aside. But pig convinced her to stay.. so i reckon she'll be around but playing a reduced role of a lower profile.

ReputationRep:
    hu think that matt le tiss is a bit of a legend?

ReputationRep:
    A bit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimexi)
    eh!! we have actually won a double for the IDIOT that posted that..

Man-u have only achieved the treble once! so it's not as if it's consistent anyway :s:
    Idiot? neg rep coming your way. No need to get *****y. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    There you go, the ref said that had he regretted giving a red card to lehmann and had he not acted so quickly, he would have given the goal and given Lehmann a yellow card. So now we know that Lehmann shouldn't have got sent off, making it a much better game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/4993994.stm
    To be honest (I'm dont know if it says in that article), Lehmann didnt really obstruct a goal scoring opportunity as Eto'o had passed the ball, but what's done is done, it can't be rectified now

ReputationRep:
    Did he actually pass it though? Or was he planning to go on himself? I think I can remember him trying to round the keeper and it looked as if he was clean through on goal.

ReputationRep:
    Lazydays = cute

ReputationRep:
    I'm sick of the whole "english - side" arguement :rolleyes:, I was just going to ignore that, but well said PD!!!

:rolleyes:, there are SO MUCH english players to go around you know :rolleyes:, you wouldn't be complaining if a NON-English player was the top scorer in your club!! Damn hypocrits!!!..

They forget Arsenal in their 120 years have fielded NUMEROUS english players and only in the last 10 years has been when we fielded the most non-english men. Arsene Wenger is the first Non-UK (I include Ireland and scotland) man to coach Arsenal and in his time (10 years) he has had the highest success..

No English manager has lifted the premiership title and the top 4 clubs are run by non-englishmen.. so yeah!! Go you!! :rolleyes:
    P - The Post is for lazydays of course.
    Oh, I don't have anything against it, it Just doesn't make sense when Arsenal were talked about as "The first British side to win in the Bernabeu" when they didn't actually field ANY British players that night. What I was getting at is that I've read some comments elsewhere (teletext) which are along the lines of "Those who didn't support the British team should be ashamed of themselves" but the team isn't exactly British. Don't get your knickers in a twist. :p:

ReputationRep:
    When I saw this thread title - I thought oh no - please don't tell me Sven has added Matt Le Tissier to his world cup squad. :laugh:

Phew.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    Did he actually pass it though? Or was he planning to go on himself? I think I can remember him trying to round the keeper and it looked as if he was clean through on goal.
    No, the ball was off his feet when lehmann grab his legs (by off the feet I mean he had passed it), it was an angled ground cross according to what I saw. I doubt it was an attempt.

ReputationRep:
    the greatest player never to have acheived anything.

A legend for staying at soton for so long.

loyal and a legend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazydays)
    Oh, I don't have anything against it, it Just doesn't make sense when Arsenal were talked about as "The first British side to win in the Bernabeu" when they didn't actually field ANY British players that night. What I was getting at is that I've read some comments elsewhere (teletext) which are along the lines of "Those who didn't support the British team should be ashamed of themselves" but the team isn't exactly British. Don't get your knickers in a twist. :p:
    Nah it's alright, I'm just tired of hearing it everywhere you know! People are going ON AND ON AND ON!! they go on like their teams are ALL british players :rolleyes:, meh! it doesn't bother me..

ReputationRep:
    To be honest (I'm dont know if it says in that article), Lehmann didnt really obstruct a goal scoring opportunity as Eto'o had passed the ball, but what's done is done, it can't be rectified now
    Lehman was definately trying to deny Eto'o a goalscoring opportunity by grabbing his ankle. Very cynical, and the intent was clearly there.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so, I think it was just a severe lack of good judgement on Lehmanns part.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.