Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Wolverhampton is not Brummie, it's in the black country which isn't part of Birmingham. Most of Wolves' fanbase is local i.e. from the West Midlands, same goes for West Brom. i.e. there will be a lot more birmingham city or villa fans in birmingham than Wolves' supporters.

ReputationRep:
    ARSENAL F.C. END OF SEASON DINNER DANCE

Starter

Egg on Face
    Seasoned Hash
    Frogs legs (past their best)
    Spanish Surprise (well beaten)

Main course

Humble Pie
    Chump Chops
    French (has) Beans
    Manager's Beef (not rare)
    Catch of the Day - big lemon Sol (gutted)
    NB: everything is imported, nothing is home grown.

Dessert

Sour Grapes (may be hard to swallow)
    Fruitless Tarts
    Raspberry Fools
    Hard Cheese

Drinks

Bitter
    Little Spirit
    French Whine
    Cabernet Empty 2006
    Champagne - sorry none ordered
    STRICTLY NO DOUBLES OR TREBLES

NB: drinks should be consumed from glasses as there will be no cups this year.

Guest speaker:

Sir Alex Ferguson - "What it's like to win the European Cup"

I'd read it, even if the language is shoddy. Absolute legend, and more Best than George himself.

ReputationRep:
    Ah Dan is one of them now.

ReputationRep:
    I thought Newcastle would be a little higher to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Ah Dan is one of them now.
    Haha - I'm not. I don't even get the swanky title underneath my username for starters, and I can't give our warning points or stuff like that either. Plus I can only alter the threads/posts in this forum.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have thought Celtic would be above Rangers, but then again that's just because they have the bigger foreign support. Good to see two Scottish teams so high though.

ReputationRep:
    you see fafa, it is ridiculous comments like that which makes it difficult for me to read anything that you've written, if agreeing with someone on this forum is 'flirting', then you have either got to do some serious growing up, or book a doctors appointment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by w8wizz)
    ur jealous bcuz arsenal is getting more attention than ur team, who ever u support. u just cant take it that arsenal have been amazing in the CL this year.:tsr2: we are the 2nd best team in europe
    You're acting like a WUM and there really is no need for that kind of behaviour. I made a point, yet you just seem to be ignoring it. Arsenal did well in the CL, and well done on getting to the final. Arsenal would get a lot more respect without the sour grapes though.

2nd best team in europe, yet only the 4th best team in England?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    How many times do you score from a free kick outside the box? 1/10 maybe. That isnt 'pratically gifted'
    The ref gave them a non existant freekick from which they scored, hence "practically gifted".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    The ref gave them a non existant freekick from which they scored, hence "practically gifted".
    The ref had given Barca many non existant free kicks. It;s not our fault they didn;t score from them.

ReputationRep:
    17th! Not bad.

ReputationRep:
    This season has seen 3 greats reach the end of their PL careers - Alan Shearer, Bergkamp and Keane (plus potentially henry). An era has come to an end, we all grew up here when these 3 were at their peaks I expect.

I hope big dunc the donkey stays around for the aggression alone

ReputationRep:
    Mboro are 16th yet manage half empty stadiums at best.

ReputationRep:
    They're mostly not agreeing, and there is some flirting going on
    But, really, who cares?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mancred)
    you see fafa, it is ridiculous comments like that which makes it difficult for me to read anything that you've written, if agreeing with someone on this forum is 'flirting', then you have either got to do some serious growing up, or book a doctors appointment.
    WTF, are you blind? Example: http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost...&postcount=160

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:
    (Original post by Refused)
    The League cup
    GREAT

ReputationRep:
    Insanely good player... I think he should have been more noticed at the time.

ReputationRep:
    who cares about swanky titles, this is just an internet site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    The ref had given Barca many non existant free kicks. It;s not our fault they didn;t score from them.
    when?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.