Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    who do you think will have the biggest impact at the world cup?

i think ballack has the chance to shine, since i think hes heads and shoulders above the rest of the german team..

kaka can shine but must compete with the likes of ronaldinho and other playmakers, but i think hes good enough..

and riquelme is the best player in the argentine team with leo messi, so its all a close call.

it would have been great if one of the three came to united tho :p: (ballack nearly did at one point)

ReputationRep:
    Starters
    -Egg on Face
    -Frogs legs ( past their best)
    -Spanish surprise (well Beaten)

Main Course
    -Humble pie
    -French (has) Beans
    -Managers beef (not rare)
    -Catch of the Day- Big Lemon Sol (gutted)

NOTE: everything is imported nothing is home grown

Dessert
    -Sour Grapes
    -Rasberry fools
    -Hard Cheese

Drinks
    -Bitter
    -Little Spirit
    -french whine
    - Cabernet empty 2006

NOTE: Drinks must be consumed from glasses as there will be no cups this year!!!

Guest Speaker: Rafael Benitez - "what it is like to win the Europen cup"

ReputationRep:
    £10m sounds great. I doubt it though, probably £15m or something :afraid:

Defoe's good though, and I can see him fitting in nicely, if he does come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    They need to do their own bloody scouting!
    He'll be great linking off crouch, but can we get some decent english talent at a reasonable price?
    They've taken Owen, now Defoe aswell?! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    LOL nice one. I've seen this somewhere, methinks

"what it is like to win the European cup?" :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    They need to do their own bloody scouting!
    He'll be great linking off crouch, but can we get some decent english talent at a reasonable price?
    No. Defoe isn't just decent, therefore a reasonable price is 10m+. In my humble opinion, he can make you 'great'. One of a handful of players that can create a goal from nothing, not a bad finisher of moves either :rolleyes:. He's a 20+-a-season striker if he's playing regularly in his favoured position. You'll get more out of him as a goalscorer than a team player, though. I personally don't think we'll sell him unless we're offered a good player in return, it's not as if we need the money. I hope he stays.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, he's not a great team player as such, abit like Cisse but better, and if you look at the whole Liverpool squad you'll see that 99% of them are team players, whether moulded into one or not.

Rafa has an eye for "out-of-favour" talent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    Yeah, he's not a great team player as such, abit like Cisse but better, and if you look at the whole Liverpool squad you'll see that 99% of them are team players, whether moulded into one or not.
    My point exactly, every great team needs that individual goalscorer. This season Martin Jol tried to turn Defoe into an all-round player, but that takes half his game away. It's a shame for Defoe that Keane stole his thunder as the main goal poacher, though.

Defoe is the perfect fit for Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    I have seen this before...I've got a full inbox of lame Arsenal jokes :rolleyes:

But the OP is sensible , you have removed the sillypart that says we haven't won a double before which isn't true ..

:five: to the OP

ReputationRep:
    lol

The one man team continues...

ReputationRep:
    Its probably not that newcastle arn't doing there own scouting, not like Defoe is playing in a foreign league, hes right infront of every premiership teams eyes. Good to see defoe move to get regular football, i think he is a decent player. Any chance he would want to come to blackburn? haha

ReputationRep:
    It's an absolute disgrace that he's not going to the WC.

ReputationRep:
    BBC Sports Personality Of The Year 2006 contenders:

S Gerrard 11/2
    W Rooney 7/1
    A Flintoff 7/1
    A Murrey 8/1
    M Owen 10/1
    F Lampard 10/1
    D Beckham 10.1

I mean, who else could win it?

Of course, it depends on how much you stake I'll be hoping to put some on before the WC because I'm sure Mr. Gerrard will have a good one and the odds will be crapper for him.

Come December, suddenly you see the show is on, and you remember you've won over a grand.

Yes, it's in December.

Merry Christmas, beautiful people. Go on, stick on £200.

EDIT: Here's the link http://www.willhill.com/iibs/EN/buil...hoice=OT996419 best odds there.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, did you get this from a reliable source?

I think someone just copied Tottenham's menu but somehow Lasagne seems to be missed off the list

ReputationRep:
    At least liverpool will leave off Bellamy then.... They are the biggest worry for him in my opinion...

He won't goto Spurs because he will only go somewhere who are currently in a better position than Blackburn so they dont really worry me, but Liverpool do.

ReputationRep:
    This could go in here too

ReputationRep:
    Gerrard is a bad bet. Yes he has the potential to win but based on previous international performances he should not be favourite. Out of those I would back Beckham or Murray tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    lol

The one man team continues...
    yeah :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Another average striker joining the ranks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    It's an absolute disgrace that he's not going to the WC.
    No it isnt

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.