Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...pe/4996898.stm

The harshes criticism yet from a very prominent person on the field. He, surely, has ruined the near future of his career at least. It's also been confirmed that he will not be refereeing at the World Cup in Germany.

"At such a high level we expect at Fifa and in the World Cup that such situations will not occur."

ReputationRep:
    Get in there QUICK liverpool!!! He will look better with you than the spuds!!!

ReputationRep:
    Kaka
    Ballack
    Riquelme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Gerrard is a bad bet. Yes he has the potential to win but based on previous international performances he should not be favourite. Out of those I would back Beckham or Murray tbh.
    Out of all of them in the list, Gerrard's has had the best 2006 so far, even if he does 'average' in the WC which I highly doubt he will do, he's still got half the season with Liverpool before the awards.

I mean, how many awards has Gerrard already picked up this season.. ?

It's crazy.

ReputationRep:
    It's not crazy and if you didnt support Liverpool you would be backing him

ReputationRep:
    It's probably worth a bet, but nowhere near £200, Could go to anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    It's not crazy and if you didnt support Liverpool you would be backing him
    Yeah, I probably would be :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gordih6)
    It's probably worth a bet, but nowhere near £200, Could go to anyone.
    Perhaps not £200 lol, that's probably only me to go for that sum, when I'm so sure of something.

But yeah, £20 makes you £110 richer.

ReputationRep:
    Leeds or Watford to be promoted?

I think Watford have the edge over Leeds, though I don't follow Championship football much, and it is a one-off game.

Yours views?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    He won't goto Spurs because he will only go somewhere who are currently in a better position than Blackburn so they dont really worry me, but Liverpool do.
    lol you say this everytime, we must be worrying you!

ReputationRep:
    Where else will he go? I'm not sure he'll go back to Liverpool under Rafa and I can't see him at Man Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea. I guess that only really leaves Tottenham as a big club but they've just got Berbatov.

Edit: I think he's unlikely to go abroad again either

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ed/4762931.stm

I think he'll be here for a while at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    lol you say this everytime, we must be worrying you!
    Spurs shouldn't worry anyone :p:

ReputationRep:
    Underestimate us at your peril! We gave you a scare for 5 months, not to mention they way we out-played you for the best part of 70 mins home and away. This season can only make us stronger. A couple of good signings and who knows

ReputationRep:
    Underestimate us at your peril! We gave you a scare for 5 months, not to mention they way we out-played you for the best part of 70 mins home and away. This season can only make us stronger. A couple of good signings and who knows
    We had a very weak season this time, but you still ended up below us , so good luck for the next one.. but yeah, the scare was there..

Though I think Spurs are bound to live in Arsenal's Shadow forever ...

*Waits for flames*

ReputationRep:
    I think Leeds will win. Got a Leeds win written all over it sadly. Watford finished 3rd and 3rd place rarely goes and wins the play offs. Leeds will have more fans backing them and everyone in the media will want them to win rather than Watford.

Still..I win £45 if Watford do win so come on Watford!!!

Gem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leedsblade)
    I think Leeds will win. Got a Leeds win written all over it sadly. Watford finished 3rd and 3rd place rarely goes and wins the play offs. Leeds will have more fans backing them and everyone in the media will want them to win rather than Watford.

Still..I win £45 if Watford do win so come on Watford!!!

Gem
    You support Sheffield United right? I'm so confused lol.

The odds for promotion is as follows:

Leeds: 5/6
    Watford: 5/6 lol

What bet do you have?

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    You're already combusting dimexi :p:

Football is cyclical imo, everyone has been in everyone elses shadow at some point. Infrastructurally there isn't much difference between Arsenal and Spurs imo, except stadium capacity-wise. Keeping Henry will obviously help you get close to filling the Emirates :p:. With the exception of Henry, the two teams are comparable, I'm pretty sure you'd bite our hands off for King, Lennon, Robinson and Carrick...Wenger admitted he made a mistake in not signing the last 2 (plus Defoe). Call me delluded or whatever you want, but I see Spurs being a major player in the years ahead.

ReputationRep:

Football is cyclical imo, everyone has been in everyone elses shadow at some point. Infrastructurally there isn't much difference between Arsenal and Spurs imo, except stadium capacity-wise. Keeping Henry will obviously help you get close to filling the Emirates :p:. With the exception of Henry, the two teams are comparable, I'm pretty sure you'd bite our hands off for King, Lennon, Robinson and Carrick...Wenger admitted he made a mistake in not signing the last 2 (plus Defoe). Call me delluded or whatever you want, but I see Spurs being a major player in the years ahead.
    I think you are going over the top. The only players who would get in our team are King and Carrick.

ReputationRep:

As much as I HATE to agree; yes, I do see spurs improving over the years..

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.