• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Ledley Kind for ARSENAL!!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Spurs however big they become will always be 5th IMO..
    Chelski have too much cash, SAF has Rooney and a good base of young players. Liverpool have Gerrad and with the Rafalution :p: i see good times for a while now. And Arsenal now have Henry for a good few more years + good young players (if not great) who have learnt a lot this season and can only improve (and Wenger is amazing with the transfer market..)

Basically IMO the difference between Spurs and the top4 are; They all have great managers (and proven ones) unlike Spurs who have fat Jol (ok i just hate his guts tbh..) and the top4 have one star (world class) player who has, can or in future will lift them to great heights ( Gerrad, Rooney, Henry and w/e scum from Chelski :p:)

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see you boys getting along well

ReputationRep:
    o0o by the way, Spurs have been in Arsenal's shadow since we got promoted from relegation instead of you in 1919 .. That's a LONGGG TIME :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    I think you are going over the top. The only players who would get in our team are King and Carrick.
    Over the top in the sense that I'm making a judegment on Lennon based on his potential, but other than that I don't think so. I would much prefer Lennon to Ljungberg, I think every team needs a natural winger. The way he skinned Flamini and Senderos at Highbury just epitomises him really, performing like that in the biggest game of his life. If he's doing that at 18 I shudder to to think what he could do at Ljungberg's age. Yes Lehmann has been better this season, but Robinson is less susceptible to moments of madness and is, in general a better keeper imo.

ReputationRep:
    That would make: Cisse, Morientes, Defore, Owen, Crouch, Fowler - I'm not convinced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimexi)
    o0o by the way, Spurs have been in Arsenal's shadow since we got promoted from relegation instead of you in 1919 .. That's a LONGGG TIME :p:
    *Bill Nicholson turns in his grave* (rip).

We were pretty good in the early 80's, too :rolleyes:.

David Dein is 1919 reincarnated :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Kaka
    Ballack
    Riquelme
    is that your order of the best, ballack should be bottom, his return is not good enough.

ReputationRep:
    defoe will never leave, he loves it at white hart lane...give it one more season lad.

ReputationRep:
    st totteringham's day was a long time in coming this year, but no-one doubted it'd arrive

ReputationRep:
    But the OP is sensible , you have removed the sillypart that says we haven't won a double before which isn't true ..

:five: to the OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich_RTB)
    That would make: Cisse, Morientes, Defore, Owen, Crouch, Fowler - I'm not convinced.
    You can remove at least Morientes or Cisse from that list, and owen would be favoured over defoe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FK333)
    defoe will never leave, he loves it at white hart lane...give it one more season lad.
    He needs regular football. One of the main reasons he isnt going to the WC probably is he spent more time getting splinters then playing time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FK333)
    is that your order of the best, ballack should be bottom, his return is not good enough.
    :laugh:
    scoring 44 goals in 107 matches
    For a midfielder..thats tremendous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    *Bill Nicholson turns in his grave* (rip).

We were pretty good in the early 80's, too :rolleyes:.

David Dein is 1919 reincarnated :eek:
    :rofl:...
    GO HERBERT CHAPMAN!!! Top Manager!! (rip)

Yeah, I know about tottenham and the 80's :p:

ReputationRep:
    Kaka
    Riquelme
    Ballack

Ballack needs a good team to perform, Kaka makes a team good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    One of the main reasons he isnt going to the WC probably is he spent more time getting splinters then playing time.
    Continuing with the theme, a combination of David Dein and Swedish ineptitude must also have been an important factor in Defoe not being selected .

Yeah, I know about tottenham and the 80's
    It's a shame Nottingham Forest were on the radar at that time.

Herbert who? lol

ReputationRep:
    COMMON WATFORD!!!

Their assistant manager (managed Spurs to winnin the Uefa cup etc) is me next door neighbour =')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    Yeah, he's not a great team player as such, abit like Cisse but better, and if you look at the whole Liverpool squad you'll see that 99% of them are team players, whether moulded into one or not.

Rafa has an eye for "out-of-favour" talent.
    Team players? like Garcia and kewell, to go with Cisse as you mentioned? Crouch may be described as a team player, but only cos if he tried taking people on and having a punt he'd lose the ball. Ah well, at least he knows that and does the right thing in laying it off. (he just better know his place when he's playing in the WC)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmocrates)
    Team players? like Garcia and kewell, to go with Cisse as you mentioned? Crouch may be described as a team player, but only cos if he tried taking people on and having a punt he'd lose the ball. Ah well, at least he knows that and does the right thing in laying it off. (he just better know his place when he's playing in the WC)
    I dont see your point? Garcia and Kewell are skillful wingers..they are supposed to take players on.
    Fed up of england fans taking the piss out of crouch. What does he need to do?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.