Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Again, another type of player. In terms of my preference I would choose Gerrard, but it depends on the system and the other players in the team.

lol this should just be a 'best attacking midfielder in the world' thread.

ReputationRep:
    Sepp is a muppet.

ReputationRep:
    So then, Grays lose and also lose their manager.

Another note - football pyramid finally sorting itself out now, with teams going to their correct leagues.
    Southern league is now focusing on clubs purely outside London and the midlands.

The Ryman league now focusing on clubs purely in and around London and has taken a lot of teams form the Southern league such as:
    - Enfield
    - Enfield Town
    - Borehamwood
    - Dartford
    There is more, just can't be bothered. But a proper shake up nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Again, another type of player. In terms of my preference I would choose Gerrard, but it depends on the system and the other players in the team.

lol this should just be a 'best attacking midfielder in the world' thread.
    indeed it should ....why not throw robben in the mix as well in that case

ReputationRep:
    Kaka gets my vote.

ReputationRep:
    Come on Watford!

ReputationRep:
    6 points either way, for Man United. It'd be nice to have Leeds back in the Premiership, so we can beat them, badly

And that'll shut up 'Moylesy' nicely

ReputationRep:
    Now I don't know who to bet on lol

Mixed replies, not even a majority.

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/2964814.stm

Did I not say?

The difference is we don't go for big players we know we can't have. You can't have them either.. But you go for them.

ReputationRep:
    I think the whole "team has to be built around him" and "lack of pace" is rather unfair. Zidane was exactly the same yet we never heard that criticism of him. Zidane was also rather unprolific for an attacking midfielder, and got alot of his goals from set pieces, similar to Riquelme.

ReputationRep:
    im a lifelong leeds fan, and i'd say we're underdogs...but then we were written off after the 1st leg against preston. i cant really understand the confidence in man u fans that they'll beat either team to be honest. a team that fields darren fletcher regularly is lucky to stay in the top flight

ReputationRep:
    BBC World Cup Guidelines for commentary team.

1 -Within 1 minute of kick off in the opening match (Germany v Costa Rica), the commentator must mention England.
    2 - Regardless of what two teams are contesting the final, England have to be mentioned within the first minute.
    3 - The commentator shall refer to the Falkland Isles in passing at some point in the match if England play Argentina.
    4 - Whenever a hat trick is scored, comparisons with Geoff Hurst will be made within seconds of the third goal hitting the net.
    5 - Should England wear their red jerseys, then '1966' should be mentioned approximately 20 times.
    6 - 1966 will be mentioned approximately 10 times a match, or only on 4 or 5 occasions for matches not involving England.
    7 - Prior to the captain of the winning team lifting the trophy, the commentator will mention Bobby Moore. And 1966.
    8 - When Germany are playing, they must be referred to as being arrogant by the commentator on at least 14 occasions. This must refer to their style, their passing, their haircuts and their general footballing ability.
    9 - Should England play Germany, mentions of Winston Churchill, Dambusters, The Luftwaffe and Adolf Hitler will be compulsory. And 1966.
    10 - All Scottish members of our commentary team must continue to refer to England as "we" and "us".
    11 - We must ensure that nationalistic stereotypes are adhered to. Of course, the Germans are arrogant. The Spanish are bottlers, The Ivory Coast are fast but bad at defending, The Angolans are disorganised, The Argentinians are cheats and the French are only good because their best players play in England.
    12 - For matches not involving England, we must only discuss the players that are playing in England. (eg - Holland v Argentina should be referred to as Van Nistelroy v Crespo).
    13 - The mythical "bulldog spirit" phrase should be used as often as possible.
    14 - Each match involving England should begin with the phrase "England Expects."
    15 - Should any player be involved in an injury that involves the loss of teeth, then references to Nobby Stiles and 1966 are compulsory.
    16 - If in doubt, mention 1966.
    17 - Praise all of the stunning new stadiums in Germany but emphasise that they lack the presence of Wembley, the spiritual home of football since 1966.
    18 - Commentators should feel free to imitate the style of Kenneth Wolstenholme, the hero of 1966.
    19 - Should any team feature brothers playing together, then Jackie and Bobby Charlton should be mentioned, and 1966.
    20 - When England bow out, we must emphasise that it is a massive blow to football and a serious loss to the World Cup.

ReputationRep:
    Defoe isnt playing for liverpool just yet..
    Crouch will definetly be starting, and fowler will not start a lot of games he is only a part time replacement.
    Owen is an ambitious player, he wants to win trophies..he will not do that at the toon.

ReputationRep:
    Poor referee :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutter)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...pe/4996898.stm

The harshes criticism yet from a very prominent person on the field. He, surely, has ruined the near future of his career at least. It's also been confirmed that he will not be refereeing at the World Cup in Germany.

"At such a high level we expect at Fifa and in the World Cup that such situations will not occur."
    he never was going to be one of the refs representing Germany in the world cup, was he? So nothing has changed there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    he never was going to be one of the refs representing Germany in the world cup, was he? So nothing has changed there.
    He was on the short list of 46 Officials in with a chance of going to Germany.

ReputationRep:
    He is God.

ReputationRep:
    Ok well I guess we'll just have to wait and see, I'm confident he'll stay black and white

ReputationRep:
    "The next Gerrard" was being said while he was at Liverpool. Apparently Anderson is the next owen!

ReputationRep:
    throw lampard in their too if your gonna do that

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.