• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FK333)
    throw lampard in their too if your gonna do that

imo gerrard is bettr than lampard, but maybe thats just because of this season. + i think gerrard is more adaptable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theresa Smells)
    "The next Gerrard" was being said while he was at Liverpool. Apparently Anderson is the next owen!
    Bot by anyone who has a clue.
    And anyone who claims Anderson is the next owen is a moron. They play different positions to start with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simeon)
    He was on the short list of 46 Officials in with a chance of going to Germany.
    Ok, albeit a small one, there was a chance then... The Arsenal/Barca match refereee made big and many small mistakes, which could have materialized into real meaningful changes to the game....he had a 'mare basically. I'm glad he's off the short list. However there will inevitably be the odd moment of cack refereeing in the world cup and england often are inflicted by it, i.e. goal against portugal disallowed in 2004...and there was the sol campbell headed goal that was disallowed in 2002 i think. Let's hope we don't get the **** decisions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Sepp is a muppet.
    lol thats exactly wat i was gunna sey

ReputationRep:
    How can he criticise him for sending off the keeper, then later say he was technically correct?!

Yeah, I agree he should have waited a moment to blow the whistle to see if Barca could score, but that was an automatic red..

Who do I feel is technically the greatest of the three? Riquelme. Who would I most want in my squad? Probably Kaka. Riquelme is a classy player, definitely, but I feel he'd be a difficult player to integrate into a team.

Both have shouts of being Top 10; Ballack perhaps less so.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to see Riquelme back at Barca and be given a chance because perfoming week in week out for Villarreal isn't the same as doing it for Milan. Although he does perform very well with Argentinian so im not disputing his quality. Considering Kaka was found out after his first season and every defender in Seria A was out for him, he's done well.

ReputationRep:
    dont know dont care they are rubbish compared to Henry

ReputationRep:
    Riquelme was shoved out on the left-wing at Barca so he was ineffective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kondar)
    How can he criticise him for sending off the keeper, then later say he was technically correct?!

Yeah, I agree he should have waited a moment to blow the whistle to see if Barca could score, but that was an automatic red..
    he was corredct because the idiot blew the whistle too early:p:

ReputationRep:
    Riquelme out of the 3 gets my vote

ReputationRep:
    We were extremely close to getting Ronaldinho bar many unfortunate occurancies. Even quoted in the article he's 99.9% certain of goin to United. You don't go for big players as you've only just reached high levels again having been out of it for 20 odd years. Just hope you don't lose Benitez, you'll be the next Porto.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    Riquelme out of the 3 gets my vote
    is it bcuz he missed the penalty?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by w8wizz)
    is it bcuz he missed the penalty?

i must say that wasnt his finest moment....but for however much i despise arsenal (alot) im glad cos villareal v barca final wouldnt have been as hyped up and enjoyable as arsenal v barca (provided arsenal lost the final, which happened )

ReputationRep:
    If he hadn't prevented a goal, therein if the goal had stood, the card should reflect the dangerousness of the challenge rather than what play it prevented. Hence a yellow would have been sufficient.

ReputationRep:
    That was Gaillard.

ReputationRep:
    In all fairness I think it's a bit harsh to claim United weren't even close to signing Ronaldinho. From what I remember it was the next best thing to a done deal before he went to Barcalona. And who can blame him wanting to move to Spain instead of England? Bigger salary, nicer weather, fellow Brazillians in the team already.

Jersey man too, to top it off.

ReputationRep:
    I always knew him for penalty taking!

He did score a fair few class goals, but he was so overweight in the end. Might be a great to Southampton, but he'll never be an English great because he cocked it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelnicholson88)
    I'd have thought Celtic would be above Rangers, but then again that's just because they have the bigger foreign support. Good to see two Scottish teams so high though.
    Also dont forget the Jam Tarts down in 18th thats Brilliant for them.

I agree altho, a lot of their support comes from its sectarinist heritage. I remember when I lived in Glasgow hearing figures of upto 10K each week travel to Glasgow from Ulster to see the 'gers and similar figures from the Republic for Celtic.

Its a shame that neither club tries to promote itself as Scottish (altho Rangers do have a saltire on the new Kit, so thats a start) rather than being British and Irish. Singing Gods save the queen/rule Brittania and Fields of Athenry/this land is your land. doesnt promote them as 'Scottish' teams.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.