Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    FFS, so what if he missed a penalty? this doesnt make him crap. Baggio, Van Basten, Shevcenko have all missed important penalties, yet this doesnt make them poor players. they will go down as world greats.

and btw w8wizz, Henry has missed a fair few penalties (that one against inter comes to mind).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Ok, albeit a small one, there was a chance then... The Arsenal/Barca match refereee made big and many small mistakes, which could have materialized into real meaningful changes to the game....he had a 'mare basically. I'm glad he's off the short list. However there will inevitably be the odd moment of cack refereeing in the world cup and england often are inflicted by it, i.e. goal against portugal disallowed in 2004...and there was the sol campbell headed goal that was disallowed in 2002 i think. Let's hope we don't get the **** decisions.
    people are rather deluded if they think England are the only team who get bad decisions against them :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'd have Ballack. Controversial compared to most people here... but I've seen what he can do, and I think that as part of a team, he makes a greater contribution.

(Original post by kpg)
    Wolverhampton is not Brummie, it's in the black country which isn't part of Birmingham. Most of Wolves' fanbase is local i.e. from the West Midlands, same goes for West Brom. i.e. there will be a lot more birmingham city or villa fans in birmingham than Wolves' supporters.
    Yea, my dad supports Wolves and hates West Brom, he doesn't care about Birmingham all that much.

With their fanbase and stadium Wolves really should be a top league side.

ReputationRep:
    Well we all know that Manchester doesn't have a population of 4,209,000 :rolleyes:

(Original post by Jimmocrates)
    Who do all the people of birmingham and the midlands in general support then?
    Villa or Blues generally, with more supporting Villa as there is a generally longer lifespan for Villa. But in saying that, there are a lot of people in Birmingham that don't support any local sides. A lot of the asian community support northern teams like Liverpool or Man Utd while quite a lof of the black community support London teams like Tottenham or Arsenal.

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    That would be Shearer i reckon.
    Ask yer grandad about Billy Liddel

ReputationRep:
    One of THE best players to play in the Premiership. That goal against Newcastle... wow.

ReputationRep:
    It was Kenyon who bugged up the deal for Ronaldinho

ReputationRep:
    There were many reasons it went wrong. Then Barcelona presidential candidate Laporta promosing Beckham to the Catalans was one of them. Selling Beckham first to Real Madrid was another.

ReputationRep:
    Owen won't leave Newcastle after only playing a handful of games for them. He'll atleast try and give them a full season or he will look like a complete ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    Transfer rumours this morning suggest Arsenal are after AJ for £8m. Seems crappy old andy johnsons got a fan in Arsene Wenger.

LOL! Francis Jeffers Mark II.

ReputationRep:
    Walcott is playing for England B on Thursday night if anybody wants to see him - at the Madejski Stadium...

Owen is set to captain the side, Walcott to play, and Lennon and Downing set to play some role...

I will be able to make a few comments about Walcott in a new scenario then!

ReputationRep:
    Now let's throw Ronaldinho...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    Haha - I'm not. I don't even get the swanky title underneath my username for starters, and I can't give our warning points or stuff like that either. Plus I can only alter the threads/posts in this forum.
    Didn't think it was that restrictive as I'd thought you would inherit the same powers which Cindy had.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Didn't think it was that restrictive as I'd thought you would inherit the same powers which Cindy had.
    I told you, i'm not a mod! :p:

Cindy is still sports moderator anyway, just don't think she's gonna be around as much.

ReputationRep:
    ^ It wasn't actually hehe. I put £5 on for Eto'o to be MOTM and got back £50! Not bad ehh. Decided against Messi as he wasn't definitely fit. He ended up not even being in the squad so t'was a good choice by me.

I just won £8 with Irish division one football LOL. Shelbourne or some crap. £10 @ 4/5.

Easy money, betted on another three matches tomorrow, American soccer and Australian :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    I told you, i'm not a mod! :p:
    Minimod, mod, super mod, admin meh...:p:

ReputationRep:
    An excellent sportsman with class. Legend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Minimod, mod, super mod, admin meh...:p:
    I'm at the bottom of the food chain :cool:

Ooo my next post will be my 9000th on TSR!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    Ooo my next post will be my 9000th on TSR!
    Woohoo. :cool:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.