Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Dunno about Juve, they can't seem to get anywhere near filling their ground. Rumour has it that they're downsizing their stadium...I'm pretty sure one of the Eastern European sides would be in with a shout, I know Dinamo Kiev sell out 80000 a week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Dunno about Juve, they can't seem to get anywhere near filling their ground. Rumour has it that they're downsizing their stadium...I'm pretty sure one of the Eastern European sides would be in with a shout, I know Dinamo Kiev sell out 80000 a week
    I don't think Juve is in the top 4, AC Milan is surely in there. Unless Juve have bribed fans to support them.

ReputationRep:
    Juve won't be, they get hardly any fans at their matches but i believe they have their own television station and they broadcast all their games live to the world, so they dont actually lose any money by not filling it!

ReputationRep:
    Blimey. Juventus could be relegated to Serie B if found guilty of all this. Imagine that.

ReputationRep:
    With their money, fan base and squad i imagine they could afford to keep their best players and be back in Serie A by the end of the next season!

They should do what they did to Fiorientina a while back and relegate them to the conference equivalent...

ReputationRep:
    Sorry guys but this test appears to be a load of crap on first sight. Sample size of 5k. Imagine the random results he is going to get. There are a few clear ones. For e.g. are you seriously saying there are more West Ham fans than Everton fans??? Anyone who thinks that knows bugger all about football. Leicester almost have as many fans as Everton?! What a joke.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly....Everton are one of the most popular teams, but because most their fans live in Liverpool - the chances of the correct proportion being taken from there is fairly low, so it wont be reflected....

Im sure there is a statistic somewhere saying Blackburn are well supported.

ReputationRep:
    Do you really think that their players will all want to stay? It could be a field day for clubs. Isn't it the same situation with Lazio?

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    Yes and apparently possibly Milan...

As long as the players are paid enough i dont see why not, they will be back in the top league in 12 months!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattMatt)
    Sorry guys but this test appears to be a load of crap on first sight. Sample size of 5k. Imagine the random results he is going to get. There are a few clear ones. For e.g. are you seriously saying there are more West Ham fans than Everton fans??? Anyone who thinks that knows bugger all about football. Leicester almost have as many fans as Everton?! What a joke.
    You're an everton fan right? The more fans a team has, the more accurate the results are going to turn out. The top 10 looks about right. This isn't decisive but just to give an idea.

ReputationRep:
    I think the Villa figure is quite accurate. Although there is the problem of Villa fans pretending they don't support anyone.

Does the survey account for the fact that all Birmingham fans are closet Villa fans?

ReputationRep:
    Thats not strictly true... The likes of Man UTD, Liverpool, Spurs all have fans world wide, so if you pick a sample of people anywhere in the world, it will reflect that because they are global names....

Everton on the other hand arre not a world wide supported club, they strike me as being more of a local supported team - so unless the 5000 sample is taken in Liverpool and surrounding areas, the fan representation for Everton will not be strictly true...

5000 is not a big enough sample to go by, i agree that the top 10 is almost right but Everton should be in there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)

As long as the players are paid enough i dont see why not, they will be back in the top league in 12 months!
    Depends on how many teams end up going down, if it's more than the number of promotion places available...

ReputationRep:
    If anyones about Serie A, would know Juve will never be relegated to Serie B even if found guilty. They'll get a slap on the hand. They've bough their last 2 titles, they can get past this easily.

ReputationRep:
    Would love to see Viera in Serie B tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    If anyones about Serie A, would know Juve will never be relegated to Serie B even if found guilty. They'll get a slap on the hand. They've bough their last 2 titles, they can get past this easily.
    It would be like Man UTD going down in England... it wouldnt happen...

One rule for them, one for everyone else isnt it? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Remember Fiorentina? They managed to get back up to Seria A sharpish

ReputationRep:
    add AC Milan to that list, who are just as bad and hypocrites especially when Berlusconi screams they were robbed. This is coming from one of the most corrupt politician in Italy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    Remember Fiorentina? They managed to get back up to Seria A sharpish
    They had the right to the purple kit, the right to the name taken off them as well! They merely brought them rights back....:rolleyes:

They got boosted up a league for some reason i think too!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I'm shocked about that I was at least expecting Chelsea to have about 10 million or something.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.