Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I loved him! In the 1994 world cup, I think, when I was about 9, he was my favourite player and my hero. And then, I watched my favourite player (with his pony tail) sky his penalty in the shootout against Brazil in the final. I was gutted! It will be great to watch him play in the clips. Thanks.
    I think in 94 he was barely fit, yet he saved Italy with (If I recall right)2 last minute equalisers/winners and more crucial goals, including that amazing one where he went round the keeper and just blasted it from a tight angle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I loved him! In the 1994 world cup, I think, when I was about 9, he was my favourite player and my hero. And then, I watched my favourite player (with his pony tail) sky his penalty in the shootout against Brazil in the final. I was gutted! It will be great to watch him play in the clips. Thanks.
    My brother always used to bring that penalty up whenever i wore my shirt. I used to get really wound up by it and cry.

Didnt he score a penalty in a later competition - France98 i think maybe? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFC_Girl)
    Booo 4 or 12 please whoever assigns numbers.
    That's it, you're going Angola! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    =0
    *grabs Wolfie and hugs him tight* :hugs: :wavey: Hope all is okay with you. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    That's it, you're going Angola! :p:
    Yay just who I wanted

If your short of volunteers to assign numbers let me know. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    I think in 94 he was barely fit, yet he saved Italy with (If I recall right)2 last minute equalisers/winners and more crucial goals, including that amazing one where he went round the keeper and just blasted it from a tight angle
    I can't remember when I started loving the player, but I do remember that I was gutted when he missed and started crying when Italy lost (was only 9). I think that he might have scored in 98...

ReputationRep:
    I'd be lying if I said he's my favourite player of all time, because Fowler is. But he's definitely my second.

I remember always watching Gazetta Football Italia on weekends just to watch him play Which is why Inter are my favourite Italian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    I remember always watching Gazetta Football Italia on weekends just to watch him play Which is why Inter are my favourite Italian.
    But, Juve and, before that, Fiorentina was his golden era really

ReputationRep:
    £5 bet on Watford to be winning at half time and fulltime @ 4/1.

At the moment they're winning 2-0 half an hour to go.

That's £25 please, thanks :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I can't remember when I started loving the player, but I do remember that I was gutted when he missed and started crying when Italy lost (was only 9). I think that he might have scored in 98...
    Mine was 1990 really, although maybe a little while after, or whenever Gazetta football Italia with James Richardson came on channel 4. God I miss that show, it was fantastic
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Any spaces left? Or am I too late?

Count me in if there is space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    :confused: He got totally done over by Eto'o on atleast two occasions and didnt look all that great. Campbell at his best was a monster but he's not that player anymore. Toure and Cole were fantastic for Arsenal.
    i dont think cole is as good as he was . i wouldnt care if he goes this summer. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger Kirk)
    Any spaces left? Or am I too late?

Count me in if there is space.
    6 left after you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    6 left after you!
    You sure it's not 4? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Mine was 1990 really, although maybe a little while after, or whenever Gazetta football Italia with James Richardson came on channel 4. God I miss that show, it was fantastic
    I'm not sure I was that interested enough to watch Gazetta football when I was 5. Did you watch the 1990 world cup then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFC_Girl)
    You sure it's not 4? x
    Yer right! 4 left!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I'm not sure I was that interested enough to watch Gazetta football when I was 5. Did you watch the 1990 world cup then?
    Yeah, but I was 8 then. Don't recall '86 and the hand of god! '90 still is definitely the best world cup I've seen, maybe that's just 'cos I was younger and more excitable though. '94 was great too.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it always to Fenerbahce? Even Carlos was meant to go there.....

ReputationRep:
    Watford!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    :grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

Marching on together

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.