Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Being honest. I only see one team who could match barca. Arsenal. They are both built on the same principle. Free flowing football. Arsenal can keep a tight gate if they try and will expose barcas lack of defence.
    milan could beat barca - they play free flowing football.

ReputationRep:
    OH come on i mean who has a combination better than ronaldinho , eto , messi ,larsson in attack (although poor messi is havin a break ... injury and stuff)

honestly wen u watch a game you would never enjoy football more than u enjoy it with barcelona honestly..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    milan could beat barca - they play free flowing football.
    Milan's defense is too old for most European attacking forces.

Barca could definately be improved defenisvely though, for me a great team is one where you look at the team sheet and see no glaring weaknesses and Barca do have quite a weak defense which a team with good attackers (particularly wingers) could exploit. They'd also struggle against a physical team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    They'd also struggle against a physical team.
    Indeed. As I have mentioned before I think they could struggle against in the Premiership because teams will take it physical to them. Not so long ago Ronaldinho complained about Chelsea's physical side in the first leg and stating that's a reason why he wouldn't join. But let's face it, Chelsea are not the most physical side (although they often deal with it very well) in the Premier League and the likes of Everton, Blackburn and Bolton could kick Barcelona off the park.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Indeed. As I have mentioned before I think they could struggle against in the Premiership because teams will take it physical to them. Not so long ago Ronaldinho complained about Chelsea's physical side in the first leg and stating that's a reason why he wouldn't join. But let's face it, Chelsea are not the most physical side (although they often deal with it very well) in the Premier League and the likes of Everton, Blackburn and Bolton could kick Barcelona off the park.

that is so UNTRUE come on none of those teams stand a chance against balrcelona be real guys there is a defensive weakness but puyol makes it all so unclear puyol is a great defender

ReputationRep:
    LOL want to bet? Bolton would rough them up sooo much. God one touch in La Liga and they go down like a pansy. Diving is worse over there than over here. Just wish that English football has gone a bit soft otherwise Wimbledon 92/93 would have your guys. Want to see how Ronaldinho and Deco handle Vinnie Jones and Fashanu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abu elabed)
    OH come on i mean who has a combination better than ronaldinho , eto , messi ,larsson in attack (although poor messi is havin a break ... injury and stuff)

honestly wen u watch a game you would never enjoy football more than u enjoy it with barcelona honestly..

wen arsenal were at their best, that was a pleasure to watch, i don;t see much difference to what they had to what barcelona have now, might look slightly more creative due to ronaldinho's tricks,

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. Everybody will think they're the first flashy club ever. Probably hasn't seen Chelsea under Gullit/Vialli then. :p:

ReputationRep:
    LOL want to bet? Bolton would rough them up sooo much. God one touch in La Liga and they go down like a pansy. Diving is worse over there than over here. Just wish that English football has gone a bit soft otherwise Wimbledon 92/93 would have your guys. Want to see how Ronaldinho and Deco handle Vinnie Jones and Fashanu?
    come on....huh is vinnie wats his name and fashawatever stronger than gravison
    or roberto carlos where barcelona beet those guys GET REAL DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    You seriously don't know about Vinnie Jones and John Fashanu do you? How old are you? Vinnie would kill Graveson easily.

ReputationRep:
    You seriously don't know about Vinnie Jones and John Fashanu do you? How old are you? Vinnie would kill Graveson easily.
    Actually, i'd love to see ronny run rings around Vinnie, until he fouls and gets a yellow.

ReputationRep:
    Are not is. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    Milan's defense is too old for most European attacking forces.
    thats why they have the best recent record in Europe - 2 out of the last 3 CL finals. Besides, if you've seen milans defence recently, you'd know that its very solid. Its not wise to judge a team soley on its age.

ReputationRep:
    Are we talking about the same team which lost to Osasuna today?

ReputationRep:
    Did not watch the match. Any comments?

ReputationRep:
    Barcelona are a good team but they are getting hyped to the moon and eventually will get shown up on a big stage. Take Ronaldinho out of the side and your left with a very good team, but nothing compared to what they are when he's playing.

And the Invincible Arsenal team played better football than Barcelona are playing right now. There was no way to stop them, and the threats came from all over the pitch, from Henry and Bergkamp up front all the way back to Lauren and Cole in the full back positions. Barcelona are completely dependant on Eto'o and Ronaldinho, which showed when they had a slump in form a few weeks ago which coincided with Eto'o going to the African Nations and Ronaldinho being suspended. Talk about Messi all you like, but there's no way he can carry the team the same way Ronadinho does.

Even after all that though, I think I can safely say that they are without doubt the best attacking team in the World right now. I just think if they were to come up against a good Milan side they might just get slowly picked off

ReputationRep:
    I agree.^

Oh Barcelona lost...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    Barcelona are a good team but they are getting hyped to the moon and eventually will get shown up on a big stage. Take Ronaldinho out of the side and your left with a very good team, but nothing compared to what they are when he's playing.

And the Invincible Arsenal team played better football than Barcelona are playing right now. There was no way to stop them, and the threats came from all over the pitch, from Henry and Bergkamp up front all the way back to Lauren and Cole in the full back positions. Barcelona are completely dependant on Eto'o and Ronaldinho, which showed when they had a slump in form a few weeks ago which coincided with Eto'o going to the African Nations and Ronaldinho being suspended. Talk about Messi all you like, but there's no way he can carry the team the same way Ronadinho does.

Even after all that though, I think I can safely say that they are without doubt the best attacking team in the World right now. I just think if they were to come up against a good Milan side they might just get slowly picked off
    yea, but besides ronalidnho, eto'o and messi to provide the silk,
    there's still giuly, deco, larsson, maxi to deliver the steel. they aint as pretty, but they will still give the opponents a hard time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    thats why they have the best recent record in Europe - 2 out of the last 3 CL finals. Besides, if you've seen milans defence recently, you'd know that its very solid. Its not wise to judge a team soley on its age.
    But the defence has actually got older over the past few years

There's no doubt Milan's defenders are of the highest quality but the game in Italy is slower and more defensive anyway - there are loads of defenders in Italy aged 36/37/38 and more. But they will struggle if they come up against an attacking team with lots of pace from England or Spain.

ReputationRep:
    A team containing Giuly, Deco and Larrson wouldn't be a bad team, but they'd be nowhere near as good as a team which also involved Eto'o and Ronaldinho. I'm not disputing whether Barcelona have good players other than Ronaldinho and Sam Eto'o, just that without those two they are a shadow of the team

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.