Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebas_back)
    Game of the season - That Tottenham v Rovers was pretty good.
    That probably should win it from my point of view too - i put the 4-3 against Man UTD because we won but the Spurs v Blackburn game was awesome, i think most people agreed on the day the better team lost which made it so hard to take, i think i saw a stat that said in the second half we had 80% of the ball - yet still conceded as many as we scored!

That one really hurt for us Blackburn fans - it was a massive game really for both teams - it was quite surreal seeing hundreds of Blackburn fans in tears because they had lost the chance for 4th place - i wasnt expecting to see that this year...It was such an emotional roller coaster. That day at WHL hurt big time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebas_back)

Suprise of the season - West Ham. Wigan were good aswell, but they had money to throw around a bit.
    West Ham didn't pay for Dean Ashton in magic beans y'know! £7m on him was more than wigan spent. (The money they spent on BenayEIjouoim also seems a good bit of business, a quality player!)

ReputationRep:
    Benayoun always look very ill/dead to me....

ReputationRep:
    Goal of the season - Can't really think of any individually, but Steven Reids for Blackburn, Robbie Keanes for tottenham with all the twists and turns, and Gerrards second in the Cup Final
    [B]Game of the season - FA Cup Final
    Manager of the Season - Paul Jewel
    Player of the season - Wayne Rooney
    Young player of the season - Wayne Rooney
    Suprise of the season - Wigan. Everyone expected them to have a year long party and then piss off back to the Championship OR Arsenals Champions League run. No one saw that coming OR Middlesbroughs Uefa Cup matches.

Best Atmosphere - Dunno
    Best Performance - 2-1 Vs The Scousers. We've developed a nasty habit of beating them over recent years
    Best Song/Chant - Dunno. We had quite a few when the Brighton came up. I remember us singing 'does your boyfriend know your here' and a few others.
    Most improved player - Ben Watson. I would say Emmerson Boyce but he was brilliant last season as well.
    Transfer of the season - Jobi McAnuff

My Awards for players outside my club:

Best Atmosphere - Still dunno
    Best Performance - Middlesbrough in those two Uefa Cup matches
    Best Song/Chant - Dunno
    Most improved player - It's a tricky one this. I'd go for either Fabregas, Danny Gabbidon or Aaron Lennon
    Transfer of the season - Darren Bent. Say what you want about Bellamy, but Bent cost less and scored more in a worse team.

If you want an interesting read on transfers of the season, ESPNsoccernet did an article on them recently:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns...ngland&cc=5739

ReputationRep:
    no, he's right, I wikipedia'd it

ReputationRep:
    That england v germany match a few weeks ago was good. This one looks sad

ReputationRep:
    signed up as Rafas Table Leg

ReputationRep:
    Rio and Anton are brothers definetly.

ReputationRep:
    But anyway, Baggio is for me, the best player I've ever watched, I've never seen player with such subtle touch and vision, even though he may not have the strength of Zidane

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the intrest. Lets get rolling. Full instructions are on the site

ReputationRep:
    Not really bothered about losing on Sunday. We were ****e and despite the fact that Watford weren't at their best either, at least they turned up and attempted to play football.
    I felt really offended by Blackwell and his tactics. I didn't make a 25 hour round trip and spend over a hundred quid in the process to watch the same negative non-event football I've been watching at Elland Road. Problem with luck is, it runs out.

Oh well, we'll just have to get automatic promotion next time round.
    I haven't clicked that Youtube link but is it the 30 Years one? I thought it was a decently organized little chant the first time I saw it but I have to say, that was literally months ago...

ReputationRep:
    I was never a huge fan of Baggio.

ReputationRep:
    Different tastes I guess. eg, I've found it hard to love Zidane. I mean, I can see he's a great player, but he just doesn't inspire me personally

ReputationRep:
    Anton and Rio are brothers, Les is their uncle. 100% sure. Lets not forget Shaun and Bradley Wright-Phillips, and father Ian, Michael and Brian Laudrup, Kasper and Peter Schmiechel, Teddy Sheringham and his son who's name escapes me, the De Boer brothers, Xabi and the other Alonso, Diego and Gabriel Milito. I've pretty much exhausted my knowledge of footballing family members. Oh, Kolo and Yaya.

Edit: John and Paul Terry

Best players I've ever seen are Zidane, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho. Henry is close now as well, another 4 years of top form and he'll be in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    Anton and Rio are brothers, Les is their uncle. 100% sure. Lets not forget Shaun and Bradley Wright-Phillips, and father Ian, Michael and Brian Laudrup, Kasper and Peter Schmiechel, Teddy Sheringham and his son who's name escapes me, the De Boer brothers, Xabi and the other Alonso, Diego and Gabriel Milito. I've pretty much exhausted my knowledge of footballing family members. Oh, Kolo and Yaya.

Edit: John and Paul Terry

Best players I've ever seen are Zidane, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho. Henry is close now as well, another 4 years of top form and he'll be in there.
    Xabi has a brother playing?? Who for? Is he in the Spanish squad?

ReputationRep:
    this is what i and a lot of other reds think of leeds
    perhaps the 'mighty manure' should concentrate on actually winning stuff, instead of concerning themselves with a club that nearly went bankrupt and is still a full division below them. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    bieng a saints fan, love him! awesome player!

ReputationRep:
    Theres the Filippini twins aswell. I think Anelka has a brother called Christophe who plays pro football, but he's not very good. Murat and Hakan Yakin are brothers too i think. Maldini's son has joined the milan youth academy, and his dad obviously played football aswell. Buffons uncle was GK for italy. i cant think of many more - liam the eagle got most of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Xabi has a brother playing?? Who for? Is he in the Spanish squad?
    I think he plays for Real Sociead.

ReputationRep:
    Losing isn't catastrophic. Looking 5 years down the line, which team do you see where? I see Leeds in the Premiership and Watford in the Championship, I think they went up too soon. Leeds will bounce back. As a neutral (Orient fan) it was a good game to watch though, nice to see.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.