Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    OK ppl, this is a game where i give you a clue about a player and you guess
    the person gets it right first, then its their turn...ok i start!

goalkeeper, suprise axe from a certain national team squad for the world cup.
    Famous for his saves in one of histories most greatest finals ..who am i?

Dudek.

ReputationRep:
    Yes Rainy u got it right..i think i made it qute easy...k your turn then!

ReputationRep:
    Incidentally, Xabi is another player I think oozes style. Oh what a way to make 5,000 posts. An emotional moment.

(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    I think he plays for Real Sociead.
    Mikel Alonso does indeed play for Real Sociedad. As, ironically, did Gonzalez during his loan spell.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of Alonso or Xavi will start for Spain?

ReputationRep:
    Possibly the best footballer ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k808m...earch=maradona

(Original post by ba_ba1)
    Does anyone know of Alonso or Xavi will start for Spain?
    Xavi's included, but I have no idea whether he's fit. Most likely one of the two pairing Baraja, I would guess?

That Spanish centre midfield is ridiculous: Xavi, Xabi, Baraja, Albeda (and now Fabregas)... all class players!

EDIT: Oh, wait, forgot that Baraja's not going. Or Vicente for that matter. Chose Iniesta instead didn't he?

ReputationRep:
    I guess Alonso, Xavi hasn't played for months. I also think Albelda will start every game in front of the defense in a 4-5-1. Arragones has gone a bit mad tbh, he's picked 6 CMs: Senna, Cesc, Alonso, Iniesta, Albelda and Xavi. No natural left-winger either, I would have risked Vicente. Having said that I think they will have a good WC. Defensively strong, fantastic goalkeeper, Joaquin to enjoy himself, and very capable goalscorers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)
    Xavi's included, but I have no idea whether he's fit. Most likely one of the two pairing Baraja, I would guess?

That Spanish centre midfield is ridiculous: Xavi, Xabi, Baraja, Albeda (and now Fabregas)... all class players!
    Baraja isn't in the squad, quite unfortunate. I wouldn't call Albelda class, he'll probably be doing the dirty work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafa~)
    Talking of family.. Maldini & his Dad? And both Inzaghis..
    Paolo Maldini is God! Definately among the top defenders in the world ever.. His trademark sliding challenges .. Oh man! Download this video called Good vs Evil from somewhere.. awesome!
    And now with his son playing in the Ac milan youth team, u can bet that there will be a long line of maldinis to still play for Ac Milan
    p.s. Keep dreaming Carles Puyol, u ugly loser.

ReputationRep:
    halloweenjack, 'perhaps the 'mighty manure' should concentrate on actually winning stuff, instead of concerning themselves with a club that nearly went bankrupt and is still a full division below them.'

I'l concentrate about following utd, you concentrate on whatever you like to do. I hate leeds, whether in division three with no trophies or winning a trophy next season, success has nothing to do with this sought of rivalry, utd fans hate leeds, leeds hate utd. If you cant understand that sought of passion that comes with supporting a club then you need to 'concentrate' your interests somewhere other than football.

ReputationRep:
    leeds hate utd.
    Don't kid yerself, theres plenty more who hate manu just as much. In fact you will probably find that its a toss up between you and chelsea as to who is the most hated in the English leagues.

ReputationRep:
    like Everton- The Toffies
    how many more can you come up with?

ReputationRep:
    sol will stay he will be at arsenal for life that true !!!!!!!!!!11

ReputationRep:
    Im thinking people should put it on there sig? Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Sheff Wed at 20th??!! YAY!!!!

We always have had a half-decent fan-base though - we frequently got higher attendences than Blades, (who were on the rampage at one point) last season. To be fair, most of those on the survey are probably remnants from the 'glory days' though. Ah well.

ReputationRep:
    Good idea for a website, which is something many real fans may have experienced first hand. Coincidentally there is an article in my local newspaper from today which you may be interested in as it is about banned hooligans planning on going to Germany.

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/detail.a...ews&id=6459975

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool - Redsh*te.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool..The reds?
    Manchester united- The devils
    Charlton- Addicks
    West ham- Irons
    Chelsea- Rent boys
    West Brom- Baggies
    Sunderland- Black Cats

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.