• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    That must be a p!ss take, surely.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind seeing Shrek injured, now knowing that Sven might use Stevie G, to bang them in from anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Kanu

Which player has the record for most Premiership games?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpshooter)
    I do find it amazing he can recover from not one but TWO broken metatarsals in 6 weeks.

Beckham did one of his weaker ones and it took him 9 weeks to get back, and even then he wasn't fully fit for the rest of the 2002 World Cup.
    Ferguson is spot on. How does one define recovery exactly? It may have healed but he's not at blummin match fitness!!!! It's all well and good if bones have healed et cetera, but fact is, he won't have match fitness, it's impossible. I'm being realistic here, Ferguson is being realistic and more people should start being as such, rather than ****ging Fergie off, playing down his chances...ok, ferguson doesn't want Rooney to rush back from injury...it's a bloody big rush and there's not enough time for things to have healed and for Rooney to have acquired a match fitness necessary for the high standards of the world cup, particularly a match fitness necessary/essential for the latter stages of the competition.

Liam The Eagle - two bones broken, Rooney hasn't kicked a ball in anger, world cup starts in 16 days, he hasn't had warm up games, gone in for tackles, his stamina??? Yes of course, Ferguson is chatting crap :rolleyes:

Some of you guys should stop kidding yourselves. It's lame.

ReputationRep:
    Speed

ReputationRep:
    Which two players have 4 FA Cup Winners medals

ReputationRep:
    Mark hughes

ReputationRep:
    I've done an accum thing for the first time, but I don't know how the odds add up and stuff, can someone explain and work it out for me please?

Hungary to beat New Zealand (4/11)
    Sweden to beat Finland (2/5)
    England B to beat Belarus (1/4)

£10

Yes, crap odds I know. How much will I get if I win?

ReputationRep:
    Who has the most Champions League winners medals? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpshooter)
    It's these sort of comments begin to get on my nerves.

Ferguson paid 27 million for Rooney's services, plus his £90,000 weekly wages. England pay him nothing.

So you think that because Ferguson thinks one thing, every Man Utd fan agrees with him? I certainly don't, but I wouldn't label that against the club saying they're "anti-England". I wouldn't be suprised if Man United have more fans in the England supporters club than anyone else, more so than Arsenal probably.

What about Arsenal anyway? Aren't they anti-England since they barely give English youth a chance? Ashley Cole and Sol Campbell's future's are in doubt, shortly your team wont have any English players at all, but does that make the Arsenal fans anti-England? Of course not.

Despite what Fergusons up to, Man Utd and him do more for England over the years than Arsenal have ever done.
    1st paragraph equals - not Englands problem. Ferguson shoudl have taken that into account like all managers have to when purchasing the player and paying his weekly wages. They have to accept that players will get injured, and they will play for their country. Ferguson's problem.

2nd paragraph - most Man Utd fans fo think that way. Every Man Utd fan even on this website thinks Sir Ferguson has a god given right to restrict his playing for the country.
    And the last bit has little evidence. I bet it would be Geordies actually.

Arsenal - anti England? And then we have the debate which is Ferguson restricting Rooney to play for his country. Sorry, I don't see the connection.
    Whether Arsenal is ant-English or not, I have never known Arsenal manager to restrict a player from playing in Africa, Europe or where ever.

So, my comments are rathe rpleasing actually, and do have some truth.

ReputationRep:
    They state the odds on the sheet i.e pick 3 home wins 11/1 etc

I'm currently checking out who to back for the world cup (outright) - I got a feeling spain will do well but they always bottle it in tournaments. Actually top scorer is always a good bet (who would of thought baros at euro04), so I might fancy an outsider.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote it on a slip not a sheet..

ReputationRep:
    A good bet, is to bet on who si to be in the final.
    England/Argentina pays like 18/1

ReputationRep:
    davids?

ReputationRep:
    Fernando Morientesss

I think

ReputationRep:
    He was 3 doesnt he? Would Maldini be in with a shout...

ReputationRep:
    Four I think, including last season's.

ReputationRep:
    Last season he didnt get one as he was cup tied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Last season he didnt get one as he was cup tied?
    Yeah, he'd already played in the CL (for half an hour or something ridiculous, i think) before he came to us. He wouldn't have got a medal

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I always thought I saw a medal around his neck during the celebrations. I always thought you get one even if you're cup-tied :confused: Like Fowler did this season for the FA Cup, or perhaps it's different with different competitions.

---

Easy one, I've played for the Liverpool and the scum.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.