• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Ravenelli? 97?

ReputationRep:
    Bottom line is - club doesn't have a say so.
    Typical Ferguson at the end of the day being bullish.

Which ever way you look at it, you must realise Fergie is being an idiot.
    Say Wayne does get a knock, shock horror; then he easily has over 6 weeks to prepare for the start of the season again.

At the end of the day, when a manager pays wages or a transfer fee for a world class player, they do realise they will be releasing the player for England duties during that contract. It is up to the club not to pay ludicrous wages as a contingency plan, but clubs like Man Utd want to be bullish about it. It makes me sick.

ReputationRep:
    got to be

ReputationRep:
    Happy istanbull day!

It's exactly 365 days since the best day/night of my life.

Tonight i certainly wont feel as many emotions as i did last year, but i will go to the off licence tonight, get some turkish efes beer, and sit down with my mates to watch the match all over again!

ReputationRep:
    Finally, someone who understands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Liverpool - Thieves
    Chelsea - Priccks
    Tottenham - Idiots
    Arsenal - Woolwich pikeys. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you LFC, for the greatest momment of my life and a reminder of why i love you so much. <3
    YNWA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Arsenal - Woolwich pikeys. :rolleyes:
    Far from it!! Very far from pikies :rolleyes:... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Clearly, from this thread, some people take football too seriously.

And you would think, that given the serious nature of their obsession - they would at least choose to support a team that could be called 'the best team in the world' while keeping a half straight-face.

Re-tarded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flexiblefish)
    Ravenelli? 97?
    Yes, 96

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimexi)
    Your team has been in Arsenal's Shadow for almost a century.. Live with it
    deja vu

*Bill Nicholson turns in his grave* (RIP)
    We weren't too bad in the 80s :rolleyes:
    NDGAARONDI makes a good point about the old Uefa cup

PS we're coming for you :p:

(Original post by Economist)
    Lets see what happened in Tottenham's last three finals....

....oh
    2 out of 3 aint bad, as they say...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abu elabed)
    seriouly come on is there a team better than ronaldinho's BARCELONA i mean there the best wat can anyone say other than that ha :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
    Athletic Bilbao!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abu elabed)
    seriouly come on is there a team better than ronaldinho's BARCELONA i mean there the best wat can anyone say other than that ha :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
    IMO, they're nothing to write home about. Great sides are like the Milan that beat Barca 4-0, or the Milan around '90 with the three dutchman, Albertini, Maldini and Baresi, Costacurta and Donadoni. I was just Italy internationals plus Holland international stars, and it was a destruction machine. Same goes for the old, Savecivec, Desially et al team, although maybe not quite as good. I'm an AC milan lover though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    deja vu

*Bill Nicholson turns in his grave* (RIP)
    We weren't too bad in the 80s :rolleyes:
    NDGAARONDI makes a good point about the old Uefa cup

PS we're coming for you :p:

2 out of 3 aint bad, as they say...
    Lol, De ja vu indeed :p:..

ReputationRep:
    However, I do feel it will be a night that Michael Shields will be loathe to forget:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    However, I do feel it will be a night that Michael Shields will be loathe to forget:cool:
    Not yet..3 more days till the incident. Your lucky im in a calm mood or i would be angry at the momment.
    We all know it was that BS Sankey.

ReputationRep:
    I got shown this by someone I work with today, completely unrelated to TSR. The video is spreading

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)

Say Wayne does get a knock, shock horror; then he easily has over 6 weeks to prepare for the start of the season again.

At the end of the day, when a manager pays wages or a transfer fee for a world class player, they do realise they will be releasing the player for England duties during that contract. It is up to the club not to pay ludicrous wages as a contingency plan, but clubs like Man Utd want to be bullish about it. It makes me sick.
    If Rooney was an Arsenal player you wouldn't be saying that.

Bold - This just says it all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)

WHICHEVER WAY YOU ****ING LOOK AT IT:

Rooney ISN'T going to be fit, his bones may have healed but he won't be match-fit. Ferguson is spot on, if he's declared 'healed', he will have to prove his match fitness, which he ultimately won't be able to do....meanwhile people will continue to be stupid and deceive themselves that Rooney has recovered and has reached a level of match fitness deemed necessary for competing with the 'big boys' in the latter stages of the competition. He won't have done - anyways, i have discussed my opinions in another thread in this football section, regarding Rooney and how he won't get to match fitness standard - the 5live thread about wishing Rooney well....

Whatever motives Ferguson has for playing down Rooney's hopes...he's ****ing right in what he says....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Byronic)
    If Rooney was an Arsenal player you wouldn't be saying that.

Bold - This just says it all.
    Exactly Byronic...hypocrisy. END OF.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.