Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    I will draw your attention to this quality message forum, must be the best fans forum there is. over 8000 members I think. You may already know it..

www.saintschat.co.uk/forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpshooter)
    We can't have a World cup without any hoolie's about, that would be boring.

Seems most people don't riot nowadays anyway. Footy crowds have become all liberal all of a sudden, I enjoyed laughing at a bunch nobends wrecking up streets and pissing the police off.

Haha, Euro 2000 was at it's best.
    Love it. And Euro 96 in the famous fountain

ReputationRep:
    Just wait for this world cup when Germany meet Poland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Exactly Byronic...hypocrisy. END OF.
    It really is boss. I don't support Man UTD, I've only got the emblem there to reflect my love of the game. I'd love to see Rooney in the World Cup, with him we've got a better chance of winning it!

However, I respect the rights of clubs. After all they are fundamental to the future of English and world football. As I said before, there is no World Cup without club football!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    WHICHEVER WAY YOU ****ING LOOK AT IT:

Rooney ISN'T going to be fit, his bones may have healed but he won't be match-fit. Ferguson is spot on, if he's declared 'healed', he will have to prove his match fitness, which he ultimately won't be able to do....meanwhile people will continue to be stupid and deceive themselves that Rooney has recovered and has reached a level of match fitness deemed necessary for competing with the 'big boys' in the latter stages of the competition. He won't have done - anyways, i have discussed my opinions in another thread in this football section, regarding Rooney and how he won't get to match fitness standard - the 5live thread about wishing Rooney well....

Whatever motives Ferguson has for playing down Rooney's hopes...he's ****ing right in what he says....
    Now now, calm down.

If Rooney was an Arsenal player and Wenger did that; I'd be very much against it. Like I'm against diving, and I can't stand the way Reyes creeps in to do it. I hate it.

Well according to Mr Stone, Rooney was making a great recovery. Fergie didn't like that comment, whichever ****ing way you look at it also!

It appears that even if Rooney is fit, Fergie still wants to make it hard, as he always does. Period.

Oh - Rooney has a great chance of being fit for the latter stages, contrary to what you or Fergie says. Its achieveable, and its worth taking the risk.

ReputationRep:
    so my turn again,

Who was the only English born player in the 1986 Liverpool FA cup team. (Clue:but played for another country)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    Now now, calm down.

If Rooney was an Arsenal player and Wenger did that; I'd be very much against it. Like I'm against diving, and I can't stand the way Reyes creeps in to do it. I hate it.

Well according to Mr Stone, Rooney was making a great recovery. Fergie didn't like that comment, whichever ****ing way you look at it also!

It appears that even if Rooney is fit, Fergie still wants to make it hard, as he always does. Period.

Oh - Rooney has a great chance of being fit for the latter stages, contrary to what you or Fergie says. Its achieveable, and its worth taking the risk.

He's not yet kicked a ball in anger. PERIOD.

ReputationRep:
    I do worry.

I personally think Wayne would more likely to get injured by tackling than kicking a ball. When he's in the piss mode, he charges in like a raging bull, hurting himself in the process

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    I do worry.

I personally think Wayne would more likely to get injured by tackling than kicking a ball. When he's in the piss mode, he charges in like a raging bull, hurting himself in the process
    when was this charging in and hurting himself in the process situation? He didn't get injured through such a circumstance, it was sheer hard luck...

Yes, perhaps he is more likely to get injured in a tackle...anyways, i've put down all my opinions as to why Rooney will not get match fit in the 5live thread...that covers everything.

Till then, only time will tell, but i'm confident it'll prove me and fergie (and many other realists) correct and all the anti-manchester united/anti-ferguson crusade wrong. Nothing to feel smug about of course, i desperately wish Rooney hadn't of got injured. I just don't deceive myself of the situation unlike the many ********s who happen not to support Man United...

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    well said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    Even after all that though, I think I can safely say that they are without doubt the best attacking team in the World right now. I just think if they were to come up against a good Milan side they might just get slowly picked off
    They did come up against a good Milan side after all, and won.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saffadk786)
    I think he shud, because he can influence anyone and change the game completely. He's also a good leader, IMO better than Beckham.

So what you think? Should he?
    At least not now. Maybe so after the world cup. If now, it'd be suicide....really screw the harmony in the team.

So no he shouldn't. If you think he should be instated as Captain NOW, then basically you're incredibly ****ing dumb. If you think he should be captain after the World Cup, then sure. Maybe there's an argument in that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)
    Not yet. Beckham is the captain, Beckham should be the captain. I don't subscribe to all this stripping him of the captaincy nonsense. Especially before a World Cup.

*******s to all this play him as striker business too. Gerrard should be played with the ball in front of him, space to maraud into. Play him in the centre if at all, even if it means losing Lampard on occasions, or indeed a free role on the right. Take away Rooney, and Gerrard is the only player capable of dragging a team single-handedly over the line. We have seen this for Liverpool in a number of positions; it's a sad reflection on the national team that his potential has never truly been realised. This talk of Terry and Gerrard is both premature and, in all honesty, farcical.
    Let's not go forgetting how Beckham has single-handedly dragged the England team over the finishing line, on a good number of occasions, particularly significant ones. I see no reason why he can't do so in the World Cup - he's in good shape, it's his last World Cup, so he'll be working overtime to make sure he finishes his World Cup career on a high, impressive note.

ReputationRep:
    we dont need the premieship title to show we are the best

Q. "What does a 3 pin plug and Arsenal Football Club have in common?"
    A. "They're both useless in Europe"

CUS WE ARE DA BEST

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theprince)
    we dont need the premieship title to show we are the best

Q. "What does a 3 pin plug and Arsenal Football Club have in common?"
    A. "They're both useless in Europe"

CUS WE ARE DA BEST
    ..but we got to the CL final. a place were tottenham will NEVER reach.. You are NOT the best, you are one of those deluded fans aren't you?.. Tottenham the best? :hm: yeah right!!!! Winning domestic leagues is key in proving you are best, your win records are very scanty :rolleyes:. You wonder why, you are rubbish and will always be behind Arsenal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saffadk786)
    I think he shud, because he can influence anyone and change the game completely. He's also a good leader, IMO better than Beckham.

So what you think? Should he?
    No. There's no logical reasons for it. England have a player who can do the job and has done the job for 5 years. You don't appoint a new captain weeks before the world cup, you have to mould him into one at the beginning of a campaign e.g the Euro qualifers.

The whole Gerrard position arguments dont' stand at all. You don't expect a manager to change the formation/strategy of a team just accomodate one player, he has to think about the other 9 outfield players and how they'll be affected. He needs to adapt in the position he's given, thats' what 'versatile' players do.

People somehow forgets at Liverpool, he's given that free role at the expense of having 2 defensive players (Alonso and Sissoko) who cover him. Look at the FA cup final, those two players were cleaning up after him during the whole game. Now imagine England and what players they'll have to remove and bring in for that to happen. Yes, now you understand.

ReputationRep:
    *Laughs at the amusing thread*

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt call Alonso a defensive player.. isnt he meant to be a play maker for Liverpool?
    Most clubs/countries play with one defensive midfielder.. perhaps its time we start using one (along side Gerrad, not fat frank obv...)

ReputationRep:
    theres no point in boasting about getting to the champions league final when you lost it. nobody remebers the losers and if your that happy with defeat you shouldn't have been there in the first place. says al lot about a club when they are just happy for the occasion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FK333)
    theres no point in boasting about getting to the champions league final when you lost it. nobody remebers the losers and if your that happy with defeat you shouldn't have been there in the first place. says al lot about a club when they are just happy for the occasion.
    Who is boasting about it? By your reasoning Spurs are the same as a nothing club since you havent won anything since 1999, and that was only the worthless cup.
    I dont know about you but us Arse fans tend to be proud of our team when they achieve a decent result, runner up in the CL to the best team in Europe is decent for a 'one man team'. Says a lot about a club when they havent won anything significant for 15 years.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.