Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Dont need to unlock hun just post!!!

OMG I should have left number 7 to xenon!! Ha ha oh well. I guess I will be coming home early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Not yet..3 more days till the incident. Your lucky im in a calm mood or i would be angry at the momment.
    We all know it was that BS Sankey.

What's the latest on all that? Didn't it transpire that Sankey had nothing to do with the Shields thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveinnorfolk)
    Yes... thats why you're lot are after him is it
    pffttt as if we'd buy him, we've already got Richard Wright

ReputationRep:
    i like them....sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Was there any one who didn't laugh at the manner in which Green got injured and the goal that followed?, I personally thought it was hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    pffttt as if we'd buy him, we've already got Richard Wright
    Erm moyes has previously said he's interested , and everton scouts were at some norwich games in march

Nice to see Scotty getting some more experience (though a free summer with his missus wouldn't go amiss either!). Decent, young, all round keeper, who will learn a lot at both club and international level. Bloody well hope he doesn't pick up any of Calamity James's tricks, mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)
    Nice to see Scotty getting some more experience (though a free summer with his missus wouldn't go amiss either!). Decent, young, all round keeper, who will learn a lot at both club and international level. Bloody well hope he doesn't pick up any of Calamity James's tricks, mind.
    Some of James's tricks can also be awesome - some of the saves he produces, his best is as good as anyone elses best. But of course, he can spoil this with silly errors, comical errors

ReputationRep:
    well what can i say... ROONEY is out of the group stages. i personally believe England will definately qualify for the last 16 where Ronney will rejoin them and help them proceed to glory.

the current status on Rooney is available here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...nd/5022884.stm

Lets be honest, the England team and morale will decline at the absence of Rooney, so Sven will consider this and will make sure he plays a game in the cup, as this is Rooney's first world cup and Englands greatest chance of winning the cup since 1966.

do you think Rooney will play a game in this years campaign??
    is Rooney the key to Englands world cup glory??
    can England win it without him??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redstevie100)
    well what can i say... ROONEY is out of the group stages. i personally believe England will definately qualify for the last 16 where Ronney will rejoin them and help them proceed to glory.

the current status on Rooney is available here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...nd/5022884.stm

Lets be honest, the England team and morale will decline at the absence of Rooney, so Sven will consider this and will make sure he plays a game in the cup, as this is Rooney's first world cup and Englands greatest chance of winning the cup since 1966.

I disagree entirely.
    Moral decline? WTF, with or without Rooney, they all want to win the World Cup!!!!

Lennon and Walcott have surely boosted what may have temporarily been a lull in their feelings.

Rooney obviously now, won't be key to England if they win the World Cup as he won't be match fit.

England, definitely can win the World Cup, with or without Rooney.

I completely disagree with everything you have said and i hope i'm not the only one in disagreement with you. Perhaps you should stop disrespecting the many other talents in the England squad...

ReputationRep:
    A) Yes
    B) A big part
    3) Yes

ReputationRep:
    im sorry if i sounded a little blunt, but that my personal opinion, but i agree with your views that Sven has decided to put in a few younger prospects like Lennon and Walcott- who are fantastic, but the question is will they perform under pressure like Own did in 98 or flop.

the only reason why i believe Rooney is a pivotla player in the England team is because of the impact he also has with Man U.

regardless of Rooneys prsence- England are still amazing, and have an excellent chance of winning- but i think its just the waus Euro 2004 unfolded.

England looked unstoppable with Rooney, then he gets injured, and England didnt collapse -( the portugal match was a thriller)... but they looked less convincing.

i dont want to argue with you, as we both want the same thing England to win the word cup.

ok thanks for your views man, im just so excited- only a few days away now!

ReputationRep:
    thanks for your views Economsit! i hope your right LOL

ReputationRep:
    im sorry if i sounded a little blunt, but that my personal opinion, but i agree with your views that Sven has decided to put in a few younger prospects like Lennon and Walcott- who are fantastic, but the question is will they perform under pressure like Own did in 98 or flop.

the only reason why i believe Rooney is a pivotla player in the England team is because of the impact he also has with Man U.

regardless of Rooneys prsence- England are still amazing, and have an excellent chance of winning- but i think its just the waus Euro 2004 unfolded.

England looked unstoppable with Rooney, then he gets injured, and England didnt collapse -( the portugal match was a thriller)... but they looked less convincing.

i dont want to argue with you, as we both want the same thing England to win the word cup.

ok thanks for your views man, im just so excited- only a few days away now!

Sorry if i sounded abrupt with you, i'm tired and stressed but i won't go into why. Yes, i'm getting that way myself, seems a long time ago since the last world cup.

I just don't think Rooney will play a central part - he's not kicked a ball in anger since his injury. He won't be match fit IMO, at any stage of the competition, even if we make the semis and final.

I just don't think Rooney will be pivotal - he's injured now, it's too much of a rush for him...no match practice. I feel desperately sorry for him, but i'm not going to deceive myself of the reality and i hope he doesn't either, no matter how tempted he is, as he could take to the field knowing full well he isnt fully fit, he won't perform well and when there's a sub on the bench who could do a better job and is fully fit.....this situation could well arise...

ReputationRep:
    yh i undertsand what your saying, and i agree with you. cos lookign at our other aspects of the game:
    passing, defence, goal scoring- we are pretty darn good.

and our midfield looks absolutely amazing!

and our defence looks inpenetrable- but now the only wuestion is- can we bring our gmae together at the right time and bring England glory after a long long 40 year wait!

ReputationRep:
    yh i undertsand what your saying, and i agree with you. cos lookign at our other aspects of the game:
    passing, defence, goal scoring- we are pretty darn good.

and our midfield looks absolutely amazing!

and our defence looks inpenetrable- but now the only wuestion is- can we bring our gmae together at the right time and bring England glory after a long long 40 year wait!
    trouble is we can never keep hold of decent possession....they've always disappointed, in recent history, on this aspect. I feel Ferdinand is the weakest link in defence - i'd rather have Carragher in there.

ReputationRep:
    carragher is good- and also quick to forget his mistakes 9 eg in the FA Cup final) and that makes a good defender- but in my opinion Ferdinand helps bring the ball forward in a more attacking manner. however if youve been watching our matches in the build up to the world cup- England are leaving it very late to clinch/ finish off a match- thats risky!

Im fully behind England and ill be going down to Old Trafford on Tusday to watch them take on Hungary!

Cummon England! ( a lil hyped)

ReputationRep:
    carragher is good- and also quick to forget his mistakes 9 eg in the FA Cup final) and that makes a good defender- but in my opinion Ferdinand helps bring the ball forward in a more attacking manner. however if youve been watching our matches in the build up to the world cup- England are leaving it very late to clinch/ finish off a match- thats risky!

Im fully behind England and ill be going down to Old Trafford on Tusday to watch them take on Hungary!

Cummon England! ( a lil hyped)
    Result that counts isn't it We beat Argentina, and remember we were losing at one point, so if we produce great comebacks like that sure...not keen on the process but the result is what ultimately matters. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    its true winnings winning! and to be honest England's risky play makes it the more intersting for us at home watching the game on our big Tvs!

Now the best we can do is watch and hope and support!

Thanks for your views!

ReputationRep:
    its true winnings winning! and to be honest England's risky play makes it the more intersting for us at home watching the game on our big Tvs!

Now the best we can do is watch and hope and support!

Thanks for your views!
    I'd much rather it not to be nail-biting Give me 4-0s over nailbiting 4-3s any day of the week

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.