Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Basing this on what? There is more evidence to claim it is going to kick off big time.
    I'm basing this on my experience following England abroad. How about you? You been there first hand too? All the other times everyone has shouted "hooliganism" it's never happened. Trust me, heard it so many times, and I've never seen anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SFC_FOREVER!)
    I'm basing this on my experience following England abroad. How about you? You been there first hand too? All the other times everyone has shouted "hooliganism" it's never happened. Trust me, heard it so many times, and I've never seen anything.
    But this hasn't got too much to do with how english fans behave abroad has it? It looks like it's being set up by the Italians, if that's true, then there's gonna be trouble.

EDIT: My mistake, they're not setting it up, but they do look to be involved (again, if this is true)

ReputationRep:
    You've obviously not been going for long then have you

ReputationRep:
    Will be interesting to see Burberry-capped hooligans roaming the German streets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bangkok_Tom)
    Will be interesting to see Burberry-capped hooligans roaming the German streets.
    why?

ReputationRep:
    Must'nt of been going long. Remember the riots in 96? was it. When they threatend to kick us out? This isnt about english fans, its about italians,english,dutch and the swedes etc in a confinded germany with a nazi past.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't sound nice, especially being Muslim myself. I don't know what else to say on the matter.

ReputationRep:
    Must'nt of been going long. Remember the riots in 96? was it. When they threatend to kick us out? This isnt about english fans, its about italians,english,dutch and the swedes etc in a confinded germany with a nazi past.
    After the Germany game if I remember correctly? I can still see that fight which happened in a fountain,for some reason :rolleyes:

Even though there not in it, I think Turkish fans will be the biggest threat. Massive Turskish presence in Germany.

ReputationRep:
    sunderland could beat them anyday

ReputationRep:
    I am Firmly backing benfica to knock out Barca here. No matter what anyone tells you, a 0-0 at home is still an excellent result.

ReputationRep:
    The 4 teams will now battle it out for a place in the final!!

Who do you think will be in the final?

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal vs Barcelona

I reckon Arsenal should do alright against Villareal. The other match is a lot closer, but I would still give Barcelona the slight edge here. Reckon they can pull a win at the Nou camp.

ReputationRep:
    Barca v Arsenal
    Barca to Win the Final.

Barca v Arsenal
    Barca to Win the Final.
    Ja, but I hope we're wrong about the last part... I was about Juve. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Ja, but I hope we're wrong about the last part... I was about Juve. :eek:
    Likewise, I just hope that Arsenal can finally prove that they are not rubbish in Europe. Up the Gunners!

(Original post by Parrotman)
    Likewise, I just hope that Arsenal can finally prove that they are not rubbish in Europe. Up the Gunners!
    I think they have, even if they go out now!

ReputationRep:
    Only two English clubs have lost a champions league final, which is a fantastic record so we're probably due another one (this being the 13th if Arsenal go through, which speaks for itself).

ReputationRep:
    the first tie is at Highbury! Wehey, Arsenal can get a few goals on the board, go to Villareal and defend again! The preferred way of winning, and they do it oh so well. Come on Gunners, make us proud

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal/ Barca with Barca winning it.

ReputationRep:
    Villareal wont be easy as they're new and in Europe, relatively little known. They're well oragnised and have a decent attack. I hope they dont take them lightly. With the first tie at home, Arsenal can do it, but its gonna be a closer game than Juve i reckon.

I'm an optimist and reckon they could take Barca. Barca are not great when teams get at them i.e attack. They do have a very quick counter attack though, but they're defence is weak. Even a poor Chelsea team (in comparison) caused them trouble. They're 'wingbacks' will get exposed. Plus at the moment they're having some problems in front of goal.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.