Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theresa Smells)
    Just what they were saying on Skysports.
    Probably in relation to the impact that he is expected to have on football, not the position he plays...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Add to that:

England vs Brazil - Freak goal

If we had won that, bringing the cup back would have just been a formality what with Turkey semi final, then Germany in the final (as long as it did not go to penalties )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Bottle it?
    England v Argies when we lost on pens..Sol had a header wrongly dissalowed.
    England v Portugal when we lost on pens..Sol had a header wrongly dissalowed.
    2 out of the last 3 major tourny exits are down to **** refs not england bottling it.
    I personally think if england were good enough and did not always bottle it, they would have the game wrapped up before it even went to pens. I think the team has got this mentality that there is no need to go for the win, we are too good to loose.

Lets go through England in my life time shall we:
    82 lost on goal difference in group stage
    84 didnt qualify
    86 lost to argentina (Fair enough lets not hear of hand of God sore loser arguement tho)
    88 first round (bottom of group)
    90 Semis lost on pens
    92 first round (bottom of group)
    94 Did not qualify
    96 Semis (lost on pens)
    98 (Round 2 lost on pens)
    2000 (first round 3rd in group behind romania)
    2002 Quarters (lost to a champions Brazil without putting up a fight Beckham not taking the tackle, disgrace.)
    2004 Quarters (lost on pens)

When in my life time has England Achieved. 1990 was the closest and they did play well (one of the first competitions I remember) the rest of the championships have been over-hyped leading to failure.

Only 4 pen defeats in 22 years and 9 tournoments YET the media likes to tell us that "we always go out on pens and we are so unlucky" England are just not that good.

As I originally say Beenhakker is correct, England are over-hyped and will fail gloriously. In my veiw 2nd round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    Says the manager of a team who limply lost to a Wales team without Bellamy or Giggs :rolleyes:

I'm tired of Beenhakker's hype - I keep reading him bigging up T&T and saying how they just want to beat England. I'd quite like T&T if it weren't for their arrogant manager, I hope they get three good thrashings (which they probably will, they're by far the weakest in our group).
    Great, they lost to Wales. So what it was a warm up game. If we are going by the same logic England B for Bench (with first choice FIT strikers) to the mighty mighty Belarus.

Nah, warm ups dont count.

However, England will beat T&T (they are rubbish)

ReputationRep:
    The Saints are my favorite championship club...

ReputationRep:
    Northern Ireland lost to Wales and still beat England.

(Original post by Abdominal)
    England already have the 2006 World cup won.
    See it's this sort of attitude gonna cost us. If we continue thinking like this I agree with Flexiblefish we'll be out in the 2nd round.

ReputationRep:
    I thought Maradona played quite well. From a man who nearly died a few years back he certainly played some great passes. He couldn't run though.

ReputationRep:
    Could've sworn I saw you guys on the news . Wasn't nearly as long though of course

I happen to be working on my own vid at the moment. I need a bit of practice though. Here's all I managed to do in the work before my camera ran out of battery :rolleyes: :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5apHe...lls%20keep-ups

As media students, be prepared to cringe at the poor nature of my video

ReputationRep:
    During recent finals, FA Cup and Playoffs (e.g. like today when Cheltenham lifted the League 2 playoff tropy) when the winning team lift the tropy, they play some sort of music in the background, no words, but like a "theme" song, perhaps classical? Just wondering if anyone knows what the tune is?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    v gud

ReputationRep:
    There's a link there, dummy.

ReputationRep:
    maye shut the hell up- if u dont wanna talk about the topic then dont- go and annoy someone else!

ReputationRep:
    Zola was impressive

ReputationRep:
    Zola is a legend!!! I hope he won MoTM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    First of all, don't avoid the swear filter.

And secondly.

:teeth:
    You could be a bit more respectful to the national team you support and stop calling him "Shrek".

I would like a friendly World cup discussion, where we can all unite and support the team rather than having your bigoted Liverpool views in and around the place.

ReputationRep:
    ^ For me, club comes before country. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpshooter)
    Northern Ireland lost to Wales and still beat England.

See it's this sort of attitude gonna cost us. If we continue thinking like this I agree with Flexiblefish we'll be out in the 2nd round.

Yes but my post was so obviously tongue in cheek? Or maybe not...

back to the drawing board.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flexiblefish)
    I personally think if england were good enough and did not always bottle it, they would have the game wrapped up before it even went to pens. I think the team has got this mentality that there is no need to go for the win, we are too good to loose.

Lets go through England in my life time shall we:
    82 lost on goal difference in group stage
    84 didnt qualify
    86 lost to argentina (Fair enough lets not hear of hand of God sore loser arguement tho)
    88 first round (bottom of group)
    90 Semis lost on pens
    92 first round (bottom of group)
    94 Did not qualify
    96 Semis (lost on pens)
    98 (Round 2 lost on pens)
    2000 (first round 3rd in group behind romania)
    2002 Quarters (lost to a champions Brazil without putting up a fight Beckham not taking the tackle, disgrace.)
    2004 Quarters (lost on pens)

When in my life time has England Achieved. 1990 was the closest and they did play well (one of the first competitions I remember) the rest of the championships have been over-hyped leading to failure.

Only 4 pen defeats in 22 years and 9 tournoments YET the media likes to tell us that "we always go out on pens and we are so unlucky" England are just not that good.

As I originally say Beenhakker is correct, England are over-hyped and will fail gloriously. In my veiw 2nd round.

Football was played prior to your birth you know.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpshooter)
    You could be a bit more respectful to the national team you support and stop calling him "Shrek".

I would like a friendly World cup discussion, where we can all unite and support the team rather than having your bigoted Liverpool views in and around the place.
    He doesn't even look like him either.....

ReputationRep:
    3295- on 2nd attempt..whats your knogle?
    5104- 7th attempt

and after about 9 attempts i did an overhead kick and got about 3000 points for it!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.