The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sharpshooter
You could be a bit more respectful to the national team you support and stop calling him "Shrek".

I would like a friendly World cup discussion, where we can all unite and support the team rather than having your bigoted Liverpool views in and around the place.

Be rather hypocritical of us to stop calling him Shrek just because he wears a different shade of red.
Reply 5441
ave got 14010
He has made the right choice. Bolton and Wigan are good clubs, but not a scratch on the Toffees.

Johnson Beattie on form will be great!
:rofl:
What an idiot....
Reply 5444
nope johnny/jonathan/joey wilkes did
LH
Says the manager of a team who limply lost to a Wales team without Bellamy or Giggs :rolleyes:

I'm tired of Beenhakker's hype - I keep reading him bigging up T&T and saying how they just want to beat England. I'd quite like T&T if it weren't for their arrogant manager, I hope they get three good thrashings (which they probably will, they're by far the weakest in our group).

Jeez where's the love? Yeah so you'll hate the whole team just cuz of the manager? :rolleyes: Truth is, most trinidadians are ecstatic just to see our team there for the first time ever, after two near misses in the past.. and we'd love to win any of our matches (though the odds are severely against us!) but I'd personally just be happy to see them put up a good fight.
I think most people in T&T really look up to the England team and it's not all about just wanting to beat England.. actually there are trinis who're hoping England get as far as possible in the very likely case that our country doesn't make it past the group stages.
So chill dude, what does it matter what one person says anyway?
Reply 5446
Wilkes' goal was good. He's a decent player and scores good goals. On the sky one match of celebs vs england ex pros or something, he scored from a brilliant cross/shot.
Just thought how many student videos are out there that result from (probable) drunken chats and far too much spare time.

I think this is brilliant myself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcI1PO11GEI&search=glasgow%20subway

Get a list going.
Can go upto £17.5 million apparently. hahahah
So I have proof now that Liverpool fans are club before country, that's ok, as it's usually Man U who soley get accused of that.

*Points to various Arsenal fans on the board*
Reply 5450
calderstonesLFC
Can go upto £17.5 million apparently. hahahah

I'm sure you've read that wrong somewhere...
kpg
I'm sure you've read that wrong somewhere...

I hope not, was in the mirror.
Reply 5452
Abdominal
England already have the 2006 World cup won.

england have a good chance of winning, but its still difficult, there are some very good teams there. im not sure they can win the group with sweden there

im bored of listening to world cup news, all i hear about is rooney, there are 32 countries in the competition each has over 20players, hes not the only player there.
Anyone going to this tomo? Did you have trouble getting your tickets? Got mine with 2 days to spare :rolleyes: Ticketmaster/englandfans really have no idea. I'm fed up dealing with them. Why can't the F.A distribute there own tickets! Unwanted trouble everytime.
calderstonesLFC
I hope not, was in the mirror.

It's certainly wrong then.
Does anyone really care what he thinks? The England players must be laughing.
If it was in the mirror, would that actually make it £57.1 noillim.

I love the way he went there "to fulfil his ambition" :rofl:
Reply 5457
well this really is a revelation!
Hve fun then!
Looks like Sven will be playing Carra out of position as holding mid.
I like Carra, so hope it works for him there, but with the exception of King, central defenders don't work in that role - Fergie played Ferdinand there when Man ure played rovers and he was a laughing stock.
he should try out Carrick or Hargreaves as the CDM to see if they are goood enough for the WC

Latest