Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Hargreaves is used to playing CDM with Bayern and seems to do it pretty well. It's asking a lot of Carragher to play in a position which he's not used to at all, but I suppose the Brazilians do things like this eg playing Ze Roberto in centre mid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmocrates)
    Hve fun then!
    Looks like Sven will be playing Carra out of position as holding mid.
    I like Carra, so hope it works for him there, but with the exception of King, central defenders don't work in that role - Fergie played Ferdinand there when Man ure played rovers and he was a laughing stock.
    Carra can play the holding mid role quite well and he is a brilliant player and therefore hopefully will adapt to show Sven his full capability.

Have fun at the game x

ReputationRep:
    really inspirational huh? :p:
    makes me wanna get out there and learn. hahahhaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattMatt)
    He has made the right choice. Bolton and Wigan are good clubs, but not a scratch on the Toffees.

Johnson Beattie on form will be great!
    Bolton and Wigan finished above them in th table, both got further in the Carling cup (Wigan even managed an appearance in the final) and Bolton got further in the FA Cup and UEFA Cup than Everton. I know it's only this one season, but i wouldn't say Bolton and Wigan aren't "a scratch on the Toffees", when they've both had a better season than them.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently theres a joga tv! its all about da samba style football , basically the brazilians and ppl whose names end with an 'o' lol

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant player, I hope Everton do well and don't **** things up for him. Toodles AJ, thanks for the memories :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    Owen might not be fit :eek:
    Would be nice to try;
    Crouch
    Gerrad
    J.Cole Lampard Beckham
    Carrager
    A.Cole Terry Ferdinand G.Neville
    Robinson..

And having a certain diamon shape in midfield..
    Carra should be fine :p: great player in position and out and now he doesnt need to worry about the offside rule nor last minute tackles since he has 2 other good defenders behind him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    Owen might not be fit :eek:
    Would be nice to try;
    Crouch
    Gerrad
    J.Cole Lampard Beckham
    Carrager
    A.Cole Terry Ferdinand G.Neville
    Robinson..

And having a certain diamon shape in midfield..
    Carra should be fine :p: great player in position and out and now he doesnt need to worry about the offside rule nor last minute tackles since he has 2 other good defenders behind him
    That is the exact team Erikkson is thinking of playing, it said that that was the possible team in Sky Sports News

ReputationRep:
    Good Player. Bad Price

ReputationRep:
    It could be such a good match if they play that formation. I mean A.Cole + Neville can just run the fullback and attack so much and then Carra can just come across to temp their position if there is a counter attack down the flanks. Crouch to hold it up with Gerrad + J.Cole to run into the box with fat frank waiting for any loose balls to strike at goal and Beckham hopefully to play some beautiful crosses to Crouch or for Gerrad/J.Cole to run to :p: hopefully a good match *excited*

ReputationRep:
    wow all those ideas are making me excited!! i never thought in that detail.

ReputationRep:
    caragher has not played holding midfield for club or country for well over two yars so why now? it is a rediculous decision, you need a player who is composed on the ball in that area, makelele being the perfect example, not a decent centre back who in all fairness is not known for his touch. my faith in england is disapeering. its bizarre when both hargreeves and carrick have had great seasons for their clubs in that position.

ReputationRep:
    Carragher plays well in any position for England and hes played pretty much all the back 4 positions.. proven experiance. Great vision for the game too
    Carrick was played in that role with England B and it sounds like he did ok.. but not great. A player to play in that position all season and then cant produce at international level... well is he really ready to play for England yet?
    I dont like Hargreaves, no argument needed :p:
    But seriously his touch is always sooo bad when playing for England.

ReputationRep:
    But why pick Carrick AND Hargreaves if ur gonna be playing a centre back as the holding midfielder?? Sven should go home.
    Btw wat time is the game?

ReputationRep:
    So my friend in Brum told me about this football madness and how it is comin up in june and 'flags are flying'. Is that the world cup? and who are the playing teams? And how does it work?

ReputationRep:
    Yea, what is Sven doing! the formation is great the only problem is Carragher in DM. If you have Carrick and Hargreaves, why dont you use them. If Sven is experimenting well its too late. He should've firgured out his best team by now. I also think that because it is Sven's last chance he is being too ambitious, does he want to win the world cup or not?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keenya2006)
    So my friend in Brum told me about this football madness and how it is comin up in june and 'flags are flying'. Is that the world cup? and who are the playing teams? And how does it work?
    :wtf?:

Yes, it's the Fifa World Cup. :p:

Official website.

Wikipedia article on the World Cup (good for general reading).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    :wtf?:

Yes, it's the Fifa World Cup. :p:

Official website.

Wikipedia article on the World Cup (good for general reading).
    wow. thanx! lol sorry

ReputationRep:
    nah i think hes just trying to give us all at home a heart attack :p:
    match is on at 8pm on bbc1?

ReputationRep:
    Hes gone crazy! Instead of picking them he cudve pickd a talented jermaine Defoe or someone..waste of players for the WC..He played Hargreaves ar RB last game so if he wants to play a DM this game he should be trying him out..

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.