• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    lol @ Defoe :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    na forget carrick lads, man to play is defo carrick. gr8 passer he could well do a good job. pity beckham plays though lennon should tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I love to play soccer, do any of the people in this chat room. If you like soccer say like and why, if you absolutely hate it, say dislike and why. thanks much! :tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ec_penguin)
    Hey, I love to play soccer, do any of the people in this chat room. If you like soccer say like and why, if you absolutely hate it, say dislike and why. thanks much! :tsr2:
    well before someone bashes you let me remind you that you are on www.thestudentroom.co.uk...its FOOTBALL ok..and i like football players...they be sexy

ReputationRep:
    Yea i duno bout soccer. i love football tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by potter)
    na forget carrick lads, man to play is defo carrick. gr8 passer he could well do a good job. pity beckham plays though lennon should tbh.

do you mean play carrick instead of carragher?

looks like its gonna be:

robinson
    neville terry ferdinand a cole
    carragher
    beckham lampard j cole
    gerrard
    owen

looks pretty good actually

lennon should on second half for j cole, and carrick for carragher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    nah i think hes just trying to give us all at home a heart attack :p:
    match is on at 8pm on bbc1?
    ye match is on BBC 1 @ 8pm. I bet you Erikkson will substitute over 5 players at half time!

ReputationRep:
    http://fantasyfootball.metro.co.uk/

Code to join this league:57498-10011

everyone welcome
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Shame to see Martin Allen has resigned from Brentford he's a good character, possbility though he may be going to Crystal Palace or maybe Ipswich.

ReputationRep:
    I find it ironic that British people fuss over soccer and football when they don't do the same over pizza. Ask the Italians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Featherflare)
    Good Player. Bad Price
    That all depends on your perspective

ReputationRep:
    Love to see him at Ipswich, sort of manager we might need. Can see him doing well at "tahn", but he's got an average squad to inherit.

ReputationRep:
    Well forget the distant past, Englands performance in the European Cup were crap. The one against Portugal stands out, they could quite easily have taken the game to them but insisted on going so far back that Sol Cambell was in goal.

If i try to be objective (which is sometimes hard since i'm an England fan), all the performances in that competition were sh-ite. As much as we want to see them play the way they do against the Argies, it happens too little.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmocrates)
    Fergie played Ferdinand there when Man ure played rovers and he was a laughing stock.
    Argubly the worst performance by any player at Ewood Park this season i would say!

I dont understand why Lennon shouldnt be brought on for Beckham at half time and the one who plays better starts on the right in the world cup - that is what i would do anyway! I also dont like the Carragher in a holding midfield role....

ReputationRep:
    carragher is a good player in defence anywhere but carrick or hargreaves can fit in there better. Hargeraves is very underrated tbh. gutted for swp although money stabbing chelsea wreck many good players

ReputationRep:
    My bet is one - Carra + Gerrad to have great games, Owen to be quiet but still score, Lampard to be very quiet but J.Cole/A.Cole combo to run rampant down the left side

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I find it ironic that British people fuss over soccer and football when they don't do the same over pizza. Ask the Italians.
    I just find it hypocritical :p:
    (Altho, i don't really get what you mean with the reference to pizza, and i don't know any Italians to ask )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    (Altho, i don't really get what you mean with the reference to pizza, and i don't know any Italians to ask )
    From my understanding there are only three toppings which can be assoicated with the famous 12 inch flatbread in order for it be called a pizza. Margherita is one though I forget the other two. I remember a brief glimpse of the Italian government complaining about it just like the French do when the Spanish make champagne. Funny, if I catch a French baker making Chelsea buns I'm having words. :p:

ReputationRep:
    did anyone just see michael owen holding hands with a mascot that was bigger than him!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whistlinduck)
    did anyone just see michael owen holding hands with a mascot that was bigger than him!!!
    My brother says all the old guys in suits all shook his hand as well as Owen's as they walked down the line lol

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.