• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    i'm up for that

ReputationRep:
    Too many individual players with skill who are woeful when played together... Bad passing and a lot of greediness sums up the first 30 minutes, Joe Cole is the greediest player i have ever seen i think...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    Too many individual players with skill who are woeful when played together... Bad passing and a lot of greediness sums up the first 30 minutes, Joe Cole is the greediest player i have ever seen i think...
    Two or three times already he's held onto the ball just outside the box when he should have tried to thread a pass through to Owen. All three times he's lost it

ReputationRep:
    I find England totally BORING to watch (sigh). I made the effort to watch this first half but now I'm regretting it......

ReputationRep:
    Good signing, i'm really pleased with him!

He certainly knows how to endear himself to the fans

Beattie/Johnson partnership has the potential to be excellent next year :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Gerrard's too good a player to have to dive like that. He could've stayed on his feet and taken a shot. Then maybe we'd be one nil up now

ReputationRep:
    Why does Gerrard need to cheat like that?

He's done it several times in the past and yet he feels the need to resort to cheating even in a friendly.. I find that a bit of a disgrace if I am honest. All the fans who are going mad about foreigners ruining the game, what Gerrard did then is exactly what is wrong with the game.

Horrible little cheat.

ReputationRep:
    Gerrard gets in on the diving act and justice rightfully done... We have been woeful... Owen looks incredibly unfit and our midfield looks poor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    Why does Gerrard need to cheat like that?

He's done it several times in the past and yet he feels the need to resort to cheating even in a friendly.. I find that a bit of a disgrace if I am honest. All the fans who are going mad about foreigners ruining the game, what Gerrard did then is exactly what is wrong with the game.

Horrible little cheat.
    He has been doing it a bit recently. Justice was done in the end but I do wish he'd stay on his feet. Funniest thing is to watch his hissy fit when he doesn't get the decision he wants when the ref's right. He's good enough to not to need to do it so he shouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    Gerrard's an arse.

ReputationRep:
    Why did Lampard take the penalty, not owen? England have not taken their chances. Owen cannot play as a lone striker! He needs people to pass to him! We need someone to hold the ball up and pass it to him. Btw, our opposition now know what to do to stop Lampard scoring a penalty-waste a bit of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Why did Lampard take the penalty, not owen?
    Owen hasn't got the best conversion rate, so they probably fancied Lamp's chances more.

ReputationRep:
    Bring on Andy Johnson!

Woooo! **is pleased**

ReputationRep:
    CUs Lampard can strike a ball better than Owen.

Lool at Wrighty, "it's good play... people do it against us so we should do it more". I love how biased Wrighty always is!

Gerrard dives too way much tho, yet he nevers get *******ed for it.

Great passing and crosses from Beckham, that's why he should start for engalnd. Those 2 crosses are pretty much 2 goals, they were that good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    Bring on Andy Johnson!

Woooo! **is pleased**
    So we can get anotha couple of penalties? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and Ian Wright is a disgrace too. Why did he refuse to criticise Gerrard for it? If it had been a Hungary player who dived for a penalty then he'd have slaughtered them for it.

Oh, LFC GIRL, I agree too, Gerrard is far too good to need to be doing stuff like that - I really don't know why he does it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    So we can get anotha couple of penalties? :p:
    At least he'd score them! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Embrace really shud have just changed Ashes slightly for the World Cup Song. Like all the footie programs and games use it! Well atmospheric song!

Bellamy's goal is the best.

ReputationRep:
    No no no no no no no no no no not Hargreaves!!!! ='(

I had never fallen asleep in a footie game before today! =O I haven't slept in like 40 hours though. Hargreaves aint gunna help my heavy eyes! =\

ReputationRep:
    Nice header lol

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.