liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Thats more like the Stevie we know and love. Happy Birthday Ste

ReputationRep:
    Wooooooow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdominal)
    England already have the 2006 World cup won.
    How?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Add to that:

England vs Brazil - Freak goal
    Lol we deserved to lose that tho.

ReputationRep:
    This game got a little bit more entertaining all of a sudden.

ReputationRep:
    We will win anyway, we have the cross of st george. We had the colonies, We took over the half the god damn planet, more succesfully than the crouts. The Red Coats owned, if we can dominate and rule half the planet, we can lift the cup!

ReputationRep:
    I am sure that England will go out in the quarter finals. If everything goes to plan and they win group b, then they will be up against either argentina, holland or portugal in the quarter finals...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Batman)
    I am sure that England will go out in the quarter finals. If everything goes to plan and they win group b, then they will be up against either argentina, holland or portugal in the quarter finals...
    Or Mexico. All of which we can beat. In fact, i'd go as far to say that we should be beating the likes of Portugal, Holland and Mexico.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArchiBoi)
    We will win anyway, we have the cross of st george. We had the colonies, We took over the half the god damn planet, more succesfully than the crouts. The Red Coats owned, if we can dominate and rule half the planet, we can lift the cup!
    Don't forget that God is an Englishman, so he'll be on our side too! We can't fail

ReputationRep:
    Crouchys celebratory dance rocks

ReputationRep:
    Just wait until you see one of his interviews, it's priceless. Count the times he says the word 'like'.

I really hope he does well at Everton and proves everyone who says he was a flash in the pan wrong. He should score a fair few with you lot, because I don't think Everton play much of a long ball game

ReputationRep:
    I think they will face Portugal. Surely not Argentina AGAIN!

ReputationRep:
    The only thing I remember Hargreaves doing is making one decent tackle.
    Joe Cole was brilliant! And brilliant crosses by Becks...

ReputationRep:
    Typical England game really, not very exciting just pretty solid. 4-1-3-1-1 wasnt great really though. Thought the defence was decent, couldnt really do much about their goal. Carragher was good in the holding role.
    Good illustration what exactly Beckham offers the team. We know he cant go past players at all but his ball is phenominal and created the 1st two goals and created our penalty.
    Thought Gerrard was ok, he wasnt exactly world class in what people would class his best position although with only 1 upfront he was a bit restricted and it was his first game there. Great goal but very disappointed with the dive for the 1st goal.

****Presumeably Farhan no longer supports England or Liverpool because he doesnt like cheats******

Midfield was ok, Cole was average until the 2nd half

Owen looked normal to me, didnt really look out of fitness imo

Crouch was class again, hilarious to watch (great celebration), Walcott didnt really get any ball

Hargreaves is just crap. Should have prevented their goal

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think that our defence was a bit crap? We kept on giving the ball away. We let Hungary get too much of the ball and didn;t manage to win the ball when they had it. And this is not the quality which we will be facing.
    I understand fully that their goal was brilliant and I doubt anyone could stop it. But against a better team, we could have conceded.
    Btw, again, the ref was crap. I mean, not allowing Sol Campbell to come on completely, almost allowing Hungary to score.

ReputationRep:
    Crouch yet again doing his magic for England.

And, I had to do this;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Owen looked normal to me, didnt really look out of fitness imo

Crouch was class again, hilarious to watch (great celebration), Walcott didnt really get any ball
    Walcott did. He got a shot towards the end, and before that, had a run and played a decent pass into Crouch.
    I loved Crouch's robotic celebration.

ReputationRep:
    Hell, people are more interested in the penalty than the four goals :rolleyes: How stupid.

*goes back to other forum*

ReputationRep:
    n e 1 else?

ReputationRep:
    I don't give much of a toss how England do in the world cup, despite the fact I'm truly English and a football fan....

Amazing, or are there millions like me?

Englands national team never inspires much passion in me

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.