39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)

And, I had to do this;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    I don't give much of a toss how England do in the world cup, despite the fact I'm truly English and a football fan....

Amazing, or are there millions like me?

Englands national team never inspires much passion in me
    I dunno, maybe I agree with you. I hate the feeling when watching Rio or Neville or someone playing on the same side as Stevie and Carra?

10 months of league action, then suddenly an England match :rolleyes:

I do support England though, no doubt. It's just a little wierd and not as passionate as Liverpool games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Walcott did. He got a shot towards the end, and before that, had a run and played a decent pass into Crouch.
    I loved Crouch's robotic celebration.
    I couldnt decide if it was a crap shot or a crap cross he had towards the end, either way motson loved it.

Likewise i couldnt decide if that terrible first touch he made on that run was deliberate...

I read somewhere that a QPR defender said if you mark him close, he cant and wont do anything, that seems to be the case to me.

I have seen him twice now, and on both occasions felt he looked like michael owen with less talent... not good enough for england.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXQzV...watch_response

or

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/8223/couchie1501nx.gif

ReputationRep:
    I think we should step away from england football slightly, and remember the red coats conquered half the planet. We dominated, and rules half the globe. The crouts never did that that, the frogs didn't did they. We did.

We are a fighting nation, we beat the crouts twice. Yes we've had our defeats and we've had are victories. But ultimately we are a powerful bunch of fighters considering our size.

My view is, if we can colonsie half the planet, we can lift a cup. Yes theyll always be doubters, and yes I could be wrong. But I know something, Ill be holding my St George Flag up and screaming everyhing I have got.

Turn on Jerusalem, Play "All Together Now" by the farm, wave your flag and give england all the support they need.

I think some of you are forgetting what it is to be a true englishman

ReputationRep:
    Keep the formation and just replace Carragher with Carrick, Sven. Doesn't he realise with Carragher, the team is somewhat defensive and a replacment with Carrick is the obvious solution considering he's distribution and passes.

ReputationRep:
    If we win our group we should get to the semi's really. I was looking at the potential draw we could get on route and the only teams I would worry about are a potential match against Germany in the 2nd round, and/or a match against Argentina in the quarters. I reckon those two teams probably would knock us out.

ReputationRep:
    Margherita isn't a topping but the name of the queen the dish was named after. Those 3 toppings are mozzarella, tomatoes and basil which make up the tricolor of the Italian flag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    Just wait until you see one of his interviews, it's priceless. Count the times he says the word 'like'.

I really hope he does well at Everton and proves everyone who says he was a flash in the pan wrong. He should score a fair few with you lot, because I don't think Everton play much of a long ball game
    Clearly you haven't been watching Everton for the past 10 years :P

I was fuming at the price tag at first, but now he's here I'll back him 100%. Him and Beattie upfront next season, I'm getting excited about it already!

Dan, that little box in your signature made me laugh so much! And it's so true.

ReputationRep:
    Crouch is an absolute legend, once again he worked his stuff for england with a great finish.
    What a celebration, i love the guy! hes amazing!

ReputationRep:
    I thought Carra did well in terms of being defensive.. shame he couldnt naturally distribute it nor had that vision to pass easily (he stopped a couple of times and had to think) but on the plus he did make some good runs with the ball at the start and some pretty decent crosses
    Once he was on the right, he kept trying to overlap with Beckham too
    Great player, gives every position 110%!
    Now some people had been arguing Hargreaves should play a DM role... was anyone impressed tonight? was hardly present, fumbled and even practically rugby tackled another player ¬_¬

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who watched the match? What did you think of it?

I personally thought the German team was a lot better than when I'd last seen them, especially with that tempo the Japanese pressured them. Lehmann did some great saves - I can't really say much about the Japanese keeper since he didn't really have to do that much, apart from letting 2 goals in and the rest mostly going straight past the goal lol.

I think the Japanese team is a pretty good team - lots of good technique there. I'm sure they'll have good chances in the world cup, tho they have Brazil and Croatia in their group...

ReputationRep:
    Hargreaves is bloody disgraceful, if he ever gets in the england starting XI ill give up on international footie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Crouch is an absolute legend, once again he worked his stuff for england with a great finish.
    What a celebration, i love the guy! hes amazing!

ReputationRep:
    Japan scored two very good goals, especially the first one. Germany's recent perfomence in friendlis against decent sides haven't been all that good but as long as they have Klose, who'll get the goals, they will get far.

ReputationRep:
    who won?

GO GERMANY!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Bloody Crouch.

He does make me giggle, to be fair!

ReputationRep:
    Robin Van Persie cost less than half of that. Sums up why top avoid buying English players, a ridiculous price for a slightly above average player.

ReputationRep:
    But then Robin Van Persie is yet to score 21 goals in a relegated team

ReputationRep:
    21 goals in division 1 certainly is worth 8.6m, i imagine watford have slapped a 20m price tag on marlon king, now we all know chelsea are after shevchenko, but why why you could probably have king for that!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.