39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Vindaloooo was crap

3 Lions is/was genius

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Batman)
    Indeed, remember italy v holland in euro 2000....
    Went out on penalties in Euro 92, Euro 96, World Cup 98, Euro 2000. Yep they're pretty shit.

Of course it's worth mentioning they did win their last penalty shootout in euro 2004.

ReputationRep:
    well personally i dont see it as a big achievement, i think england have done okay to be honest but that is to be expected because Ghana beat them 4-1 on monday. my real problem is how will england deal with the likes of brazil,argentina,protugal our nemisis etc. i dont have much hope not even with wayne rooney.

it turned into a training match we sat back and i would have prefered to see more goals. but i suppose no one wanted to risk injury.
    was any body else there? the atmosphere was fantastic. the jamaicans don't sing they just make noise

ReputationRep:
    More goals? Blimey I am lucky at Orient to see 6 goals in a whole season! saw what you mean about the Jamaicans, but they were very noisy!

lol yea more we could've easily put more in. they were extremly noisy they got so exited whenever a shooting oportunity came around. i can't imagine what they would've done had they scored!
    were you at the game by the way?

ReputationRep:
    Nope watched it on the BBC. Would have loved the atmosphere, but the advantages of a hilarious Ian Wright and cold alcoholic beverages made up for it!

Their number 8, Jamal Campbell Ryce, was brilliant to see him. He played for us a few years back and has been doing the rounds in lower league football (Rotherham, Colchester, Southend, Orient), and I thought he excelled himself. He's never been afraid to run at people and I thought he gave Ashley Cole a few problems today.

ReputationRep:
    Never been too keen on Crouch but guess it helps that he got his hat-trick.

He REALLY has to lose that robot celebration though...eeugh.

ReputationRep:
    The robot goal celebration was good in the last match and for the first goal, but the more he did it, the worse it got to look at. He needs a new celebration or at least get some more moves in.

ReputationRep:
    '3 lions on a shirt, jules rimmet still dreaming; 30 years of hurt, no more need for dreaming'

Classic song and one which I will always associate with Englad in the world cup.

ReputationRep:
    which do you prefer - 3 Lions '96 or 3 Lions '98 and why?

ReputationRep:
    Although I think the Tony Christie song will be a hit this year with the fans.

ReputationRep:
    if england repeated that performance against a better team eg. Portugal etc they wuda got mauled, but as this was a friendly no1 probably cared. still england has one of the best bak fours in the world...cole, terry, RIOOO (Man U fan...) n Nevile!! the midfields also class all that sukx is that they dnt have much pace on the right hand side the two coles are wikd wen they link up on the left. n upfront is a sham. Owen is not playin to his best, watchin him 2day u cud tell her wasnt 100% confident n crouch...well the sooner Rooney gets bak the better...well afta all that critiscm...Well Done England!

ReputationRep:
    I love the world cup, nothing like it in football, in fact I wish it lasted longer than it does. BUT--I don't care as I much as many do whether England win it

ReputationRep:
    If you look at Crouch's goal against Hungary and his final goal today, they were clinically taken goals, and most definitely not easy! And in 2 matches, 4 Beckham, set pieces have resulted in goals. Who needs pace? The whole point of pace on the wing is to get yourself into a position where you put in a cross. Well Beckham still gets the cross in, and does it better than any pacey winger, so I don't see the problem?

ReputationRep:
    lmfao.. Crouch scores a hatrick and your still complaining? *gives up*

(Original post by Sukh)
    if england repeated that performance against a better team eg. Portugal etc they wuda got mauled, but as this was a friendly no1 probably cared. still england has one of the best bak fours in the world...cole, terry, RIOOO (Man U fan...) n Nevile!!
    Firstly- you can only beat whats put it front of you so saying if we played like this against portugal and we would have got spanked does not wash.

Secondly- carragher should play instead of rio. Rio is prone to chill out too often and try and be too casual far too often. Plus he has **** hair.

ReputationRep:
    I personally wouldn't have given the first of Crouch's goals to him - It bounced off the outside of his right leg and took a MAJOR deflection off a Jamaican player before going in.

(Original post by Alex Mann)
    Nope watched it on the BBC. Would have loved the atmosphere, but the advantages of a hilarious Ian Wright and cold alcoholic beverages made up for it!

Their number 8, Jamal Campbell Ryce, was brilliant to see him. He played for us a few years back and has been doing the rounds in lower league football (Rotherham, Colchester, Southend, Orient), and I thought he excelled himself. He's never been afraid to run at people and I thought he gave Ashley Cole a few problems today.
    i dunno being there in the sun with alcohol......
    yes i no what you mean he was one of the few jamaicans to have a decent game. although having said that before the third goal went in they were realy going for it. they were very physical. but didnt their manaager say something like this game was to make up for all the years of british control over the island or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemonadeX)
    I personally wouldn't have given the first of Crouch's goals to him - It bounced off the outside of his right leg and took a MAJOR deflection off a Jamaican player before going in.
    Yeah, but if I were him, I would definitely claim it. I agree about the major deflection. In fact, I actually thought that the ball was going wide before the deflection, but any striker would try and claim it.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.