Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Deluded like refusing to see a players ability?
    erm no, deluded into overhyping our players ability like we do with every tournament

ReputationRep:
    I dont see how im overhyping him. He brings something different to the team, does he not?

ReputationRep:
    got to be Beckham...Joe Cole is letting himself down with the diving, and we certainly haven't seen the best of Gerrard.

ReputationRep:
    The good old 'something different' argument, Kevin Davies would be something different, doesn't mean he should be in the England squad.

But anyway fair enough, i've no real problem throwing him on for the last 20 mins to (hopefuly) cause a bit of havoc but to have him starting for England in the WC just worries me.

however I will still cheer him on just like all the England players, I wouldnt be one of these ***** who boos him but I still dont have to like him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FK333)
    got to be Beckham...Joe Cole is letting himself down with the diving, and we certainly haven't seen the best of Gerrard.
    so because Joe Cole is diving, this exempts him from displaying excellent form??? :confused:

Joe Cole may, for want of better words, go down too easily, but he has been on excellent form Joe Cole is certainly not letting himself down or his form because of diving...they're seperable things. It's just that your respect for him has plummeted?

ReputationRep:
    I cant understand what your problem with him is though.
    What has he done wrong for England so far? Dont give me the old 'jamaica' exscuse and say that isnt a fair assesment. I didnt see owen hit a hatrick.
    The lad has done the best you can ask of him so far, and yet people want more?

ReputationRep:
    as i've said, i've already had a go at Owen as well, I think England has a serious striker shortage and it doesn't look like there is much coming through for the future either which is worrying. Better hope Walcott matures into a good player because we can't pin all our hopes on Rooney.

I dont rate the guy, simple as that, I think he gives the ball away too much with his passing which will be punished so much more at the world stage, he doesn't win near enough or at least properly win enough in the air considering his great height advantage. Dont get me wrong I think he's an o.k player but I dont like the fact that he leads the front line for England because he simply doesnt have the ability to lead the front line for a country supposedly amongst the favourties for the world cup

ReputationRep:
    I still not a big fan of Joe Cole, he can be selfish, he loses the ball more than he should. He does have flashes of brilliance though, and no one else can play as well on the left wing for England.

ReputationRep:
    obviously it's gunna be wazza when he's fit but otherwise we're gunna be relying on Beckham a lot, he's still gunna be they key influence for England at the moment.

Despite being the best midfielder in the workd imo he is yet to make a great impact on England like he does for Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Pretty conclusive tbh. One could also point out that he is worse than a standard diver since the instances all occur pretty much in the box and he's trying to win a penalty.
    All, erm, two of them...?

ReputationRep:
    Okay, im going to save your post for after the world cup and we will see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    erm no, deluded into overhyping our players ability like we do with every tournament
    Even if Crouch got the Golden Boot you'd still go on like an idiot. That's why I don't bother with people like you, which is why I told you to go to sleep.

You insufferable _____

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    Even if Crouch got the Golden Boot you'd still go on like an idiot. That's why I don't bother with people like you, which is why I told you to go to sleep.

You insufferable _____

i'm not that petty, but I do also doubt that if Crouch struggles in the World Cup and fails to score that you'll admit he isn't good enough for England.

The reason you dont bother with 'people like me' is because they disagree with you, people are always gunna have different views so i'll just say we'll wait and see

ReputationRep:
    Rooney, Beckham, Robinson, Gerrard, Terry

ReputationRep:
    Hey, at least someone else is trying to steal the limelight from him now- come on RoboKop!!!

ReputationRep:
    Seems quite confusing but I'll give it a go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gas_panic!)
    Your either overestimating italy's quality or underestimating england's. Englands world class players: terry, ashley cole, gerrard, lampard, rooney, beckham, owen. Thats 7 straight away- and i probably should add gary neville to that list as well.

Italy: Buffon, Alessandro Nesta, Francesco Totti, Gianluca Zambrotta, Fabio Cannavaro. Maybe Toni.

They both have the same amount of wc players more or less. With Italy having a better defence (only just though) and England have a better midfield.If Rooney plays our front line (with owen) is also better as well.
    add Gattuso and Pirlo to that list as Klinsi said. Italy have a world class backup goalie in Peruzzi. Del Piero and Inzaghi are arguably world class forwards aswell.

You think Gary Neville is world class? by that logic, we may aswell say Zaccardo and Materazzi are world class for Italy.

As for the Zanetti/Samuel exclusions - its nothing to do with inter-villareal tension - cambiasso, cruz and burdisso were all included in the squad. Pekerman loves the younger players since he coached them at youth level and therefore favours them. Only 4 of the players in the squad played in the last WC. I think Pekerman doesnt want many players associated with that failure. I think Zanetti and Samuel are big losses for Argentina - absoloutely crazy that they have been left out. I have to disagree with Klinsy, in that their defence will leak goals in the tournament - coloccini and sorin are not proper fullbacks and both have had mediocre seasons. Ayala and Heize have had fitness problems all term. Players like Burdisso, Cufre and Milito are talented defenders, but their lack of experience at int. level will be a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    All, erm, two of them...?
    Two too many.

Come to think of it, if those two have been picked up by the cameras, imagine the ones that have gone unnoticed..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    Two too many.

Come to think of it, if those two have been picked up by the cameras, imagine the ones that have gone unnoticed..
    It is two too many.

Sort of a non-point. Imagine all the players that have dived and not been noticed at all! Shocking. Gerrard's such a high profile player, very little that he does goes unnoticed.

ReputationRep:
    Terry

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.