Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdominal)
    England already have the 2006 World cup won.

dream on, with or without wayne engalnd cant win it they are overated and thats what happens in every tournament and so this one is no exception. i hate errikson for dropping bent in my opinion i think it was racist tbh becuase there is no reason why crouch is better than Bent, bent plays for charlton and scored more than twice what crouch who plays for liverpool has a better service scored.Eriksson was saying literally to bent that you can score a million goals and i wont pick you. Brazil will get to the finals but im not 100% sure of them winning it. i was wishing for a Brazil-England final as that will be the best and the day when england see what class is. ashley cole is dodgy in the left ronaldinho will def make him look stupid as always 2002 was just nice to watch. and dont think im not patriotic im just being realistic.

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit different when it come to goalkeepers unlike the outfield players. It's not only a question of fitness, the coach has gone with two young keepers who've played all season and will have a better moral also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by putnam123)
    dream on, with or without wayne engalnd cant win it they are overated and thats what happens in every tournament and so this one is no exception. i hate errikson for dropping bent in my opinion i think it was racist tbh becuase there is no reason why crouch is better than Bent, bent plays for charlton and scored more than twice what crouch who plays for liverpool has a better service scored.Eriksson was saying literally to bent that you can score a million goals and i wont pick you. Brazil will get to the finals but im not 100% sure of them winning it. i was wishing for a Brazil-England final as that will be the best and the day when england see what class is. ashley cole is dodgy in the left ronaldinho will def make him look stupid as always 2002 was just nice to watch. and dont think im not patriotic im just being realistic.
    I can't believe you even suggested that. You belittle real racism.

(Original post by Roonaldinho7)
    Rooney definetly.His tireless,creative,has an excelent right foot,dribbling,crosses and pretty much noone can knock him down.
    Paulo Ferreira?

Who's the best english player? Gerrard. Easily the most complete, and the most influential. The biggest waste of talent in the whole England set-up; ~105 minutes in his preferred attacking role during his whole England career? No wonder people complain that he doesn't set the world alight. Parreira himself has said that he would go straight into that Brazil midfield.

Who's the best England player? Over the years, quite possibly Beckham. Owen's record can't be discounted either. Recently though, Rooney's pulled them out of a few holes, and he can spark sheer brilliance.

ReputationRep:
    Gerrard all the way.

ReputationRep:
    Rooney without a doubt!!

But with him not match fit, it would have to be Gerrard

ReputationRep:
    well racism in football exists in all kinds and i'm not making it seem 'little' i was disgusted wit the spain-england match as welll as eto'o in spain. if you really thought about what i said then surely you would support me because eriksson's actions suggest otherwise and walcott aint black. we have only two black players campbell and cole dont say rio cos he aint full black . look at how many france have and how succesful they have been. ludovic gjiuly was dropped. im very anti-racist trust me.

ReputationRep:
    Rooney no1!? He hasn't done hardly anything compared to Gerrard. He's won them the FA Cup and Champions League. Man Utd haven't exactly been successful since Rooney joined, I'm not saying this is down to him as he's been their best player but Ferguson has said i'ts their best team curently for a while, and Rooney, if great, could've at least done something great for them! I'd rate Terry and Lampard above Rooney. He's overrated. Nothing compared to Stevie G, Henry and Ronaldinho.

ReputationRep:
    Beckham, without a doubt. If you didn't have him for the world cup, you'd stand even less of a chance of winning it than you do already. You can cope without Gerrard.

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    err surely its racists by saying France are a better team because they had black players.. :p: implying they are better than white players..

Crouch has more experiance (in Europe a bit + played for England more already) and has more to offer than Bent in terms of bringing in the midfield by holding up the ball... which is why we have both Gerrad and Lampard in midfield.

class goal...i feel sorry for that keeper...looked really ashamed lool

ReputationRep:
    My sentiments exactly, I couldn't agree more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    The Germans and Argies tried to kill us
    And France, Spain, Austria...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tax.man)
    erm I get www.manutd.com for greatest football team. which is *******s and made me sad.....

surely judging by the nature of "Greatest Football Team" and your location you got lfc.tv?
    Probably is due to my location, i got lfc.tv yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by putnam123)
    we have only two black players campbell and cole dont say rio cos he aint full black.
    And? If you look at many Premiership clubs you could argue that blacks are over-represented when compared to the nation.

ReputationRep:
    I think our most important player is Michael Owen. He's the only fit striker with an awesome games to goals ratio in important competitions. Crouch may have scored a hat trick against Jamaica, but they had the worst defence ever! Rooney isn't going to be fully fit, and Walcott hasn't even played a Premiership game.

We can't just rely on goals from the midfielders, and he would be captain if Beckham got injured.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen this? It's hilarious!!

http://www.englandallstars.com/video..._training.aspx

Wazza! (Wayne Rooney)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    Italy have a world class backup goalie in Peruzzi. Del Piero and Inzaghi are arguably world class forwards aswell.
    You would say that ...But yeah he's a pretty awesome keeper. Inzaghi is probably the best goalpoacher since Romario (even though their careers overlapped somewhat) and Del Piero has had a very impressive season, could surprise a few people at the WC.

I have to disagree with Klinsy, in that their defence will leak goals in the tournament - coloccini and sorin are not proper fullbacks and both have had mediocre seasons. Ayala and Heize have had fitness problems all term. Players like Burdisso, Cufre and Milito are talented defenders, but their lack of experience at int. level will be a problem.
    They're not proper full backs but they don't need to be imo, Serbia and Montenegro (who I tip to finish 2nd in the group) basically have 4 central defenders across the back. Sorin is probably the weakest link but he's a pitbull and gives them an attacking option if Riquelme comes inside. Coloccini and Heinze are pretty interchangeable imo and the back 4 will have immense protection in the double-pivot system. Ayala didn't have blistering pace to begin with so I would still pick him if he's not 100%. I'm pretty confident Argentina will do well, they could get to the final if Messi is fit enough from the start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    You would say that ...But yeah he's a pretty awesome keeper. Inzaghi is probably the best goalpoacher since Romario (even though their careers overlapped somewhat) and Del Piero has had a very impressive season, could surprise a few people at the WC.

They're not proper full backs but they don't need to be imo, Serbia and Montenegro (who I tip to finish 2nd in the group) basically have 4 central defenders across the back. Sorin is probably the weakest link but he's a pitbull and gives them an attacking option if Riquelme comes inside. Coloccini and Heinze are pretty interchangeable imo and the back 4 will have immense protection in the double-pivot system. Ayala didn't have blistering pace to begin with so I would still pick him if he's not 100%. I'm pretty confident Argentina will do well, they could get to the final if Messi is fit enough from the start.

Peruzzi has had a new lease of life at Lazio and was probably the best goalie in Serie A this season. Given Buffons injury problems this year, its good to have someone like Peruzzi as backup.

If Zanetti and Samuel hadnt been dropped thne i would have put Argentina as my favourites for the WC. From what i've gathered, the defence will change into a back 3 when Sorin pushes up, and this is why Collocini is useful, and perhaps why Zanetti was dropped as he doesnt fit into this system. The midfield and attack is awesome (best in the world IMO) with very good backup players. Group C will be interesting - i think one of Argentina or Holland will fall, and i do think S&M will do well.

Just wondering Klinsy, do you use any other football forums? Seems like you really know your stuff.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.